Last Name
Bauer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N9BWA
Service Branch
Merchant Marines
Hi Everybody!

New guy here but also not. Used to be a member a few years ago but for the life I me can't remember my login!

Not new to the great outdoors. Bushcraft, overlanding, solo canoe tripping, minimalist remote comping, hiking, and bacon. Lots of bacon. And coffee.

In Northwest Wisconsin.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Everybody!

New guy here but also not. Used to be a member a few years ago but for the life I me can't remember my login!

Not new to the great outdoors. Bushcraft, overlanding, solo canoe tripping, minimalist remote comping, hiking, and bacon. Lots of bacon. And coffee.

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

jad3116

Rank VI

Builder II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
DeLeon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MGC
Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome back!

fjScott73

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florida, USA / Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Vinci
Hello Everyone! I am finally in a position to start my 2008 FJ cruiser Overland build! I've owned her since she had only 6 miles, and now at 130k its time for some upgrades! Im doing a 3 1/2 in. lift, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock rails, warn 10k winch, 34" tires, roof rack, rooftop tent, 270 awning. I already have a Dometic CFX75 DZ that i want to incorporate along with a Bluetti ac200p power station and 350 watt folding solar panel. I dont want to build a battery system just yet and want to keep it mobile for now.

I am currently fixing any rust and giving her a raptor coat paint job for some durability, looking to have it done for a trip to Colorado June 1st. If anyone has suggestions about setting up the cargo area in an FJ im all ears! Also want to add some smaller lights around.

Look forward to meeting everyone ! Happy Trails!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone! I am finally in a position to start my 2008 FJ cruiser Overland build! I've owned her since she had only 6 miles, and now at 130k its time for some upgrades! Im doing a 3 1/2 in. lift, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock rails, warn 10k winch, 34" tires, roof rack, rooftop tent, 270 awning. I already have a Dometic CFX75 DZ that i want to incorporate along with a Bluetti ac200p power station and 350 watt folding solar panel. I dont want to build a battery system just yet and want to keep it mobile for now.

I am currently fixing any rust and giving her a raptor coat paint job for some durability, looking to have it done for a trip to Colorado June 1st. If anyone has suggestions about setting up the cargo area in an FJ im all ears! Also want to add some smaller lights around.

Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Hello Tim, welcome back to Overland Bound.

dbpokemon

Rank V

Explorer I

Muscatine, Iowa, United States
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0ISW
Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome back Tim

dbpokemon

Rank V

Explorer I

Muscatine, Iowa, United States
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0ISW

Welcome to the group Scott. Good luck with the build.

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome!

ObiShawnKenobi

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Collinsville, IL, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Welcome!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Scott
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Hi Tim,

Welcome back!

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Overland Bound. The FJs are great rigs and a good platform for an overlanding built. Enjoy travels!

Greetings from Europe,
Bjoern

BayouOverlander

Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Hi Scott and welcome to overland bound!

BayouOverlander

Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome to overland bound! I think you like bacon. Someone said something about bacon. Yes. Bacon. I love bacon. Where was I?

BayouOverlander

Rank VI

Explorer I

Bernice, LA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hines
Member #

Hello! Prior rock crawler here. Wife and I now looking to overland, hike, camp and whatever else outdoors. Recently purchased ‘21 Unlimited Rubicon XR as our rig. Based out of Houston, TX area.

Thought we wanted to overland and after recent trip to Big Bend NP we agreed we were right. Can’t wait to learn and hear others adventures.
Welcome to overland bound! Hopefully see you around! I’m in NE Louisiana!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound
A great resource in your area is @Wawa Skittletits
For your build I would start by asking your question here;
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everybody!

In Northwest Wisconsin.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Welcome back, if you need any assistance with the forum you can message @Jim SoG our forum manager.
There have probably been some changes since you were last on the forum so here are some links that might help you.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I am finally getting into the overlanding lifestyle with a 2022 Gladiator JTR. I am sourcing a slew of add ons, camp components, and miscellaneous A/V gear to prepare for four-season exploration of the the Western USA and beyond. I had plans to get into this back in 2008 when we first purchased a Liberty, but life got in the way of those plans. Now that I work from home as an artist it affords me the ability to get out into the world and explore.

Here’s the new base for my build: Domina Fati.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Your Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I’m still relatively new to this. I built a camper a couple of years back and have taken it on a couple big adventures with many more to come. I look forward to meeting new people, sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning from everyone else’s experiences.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022