freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone, new member but not to the custom car community. Have had many show cars over the years but now just want to be able to enjoy life and my family and overlanding and camping is something that we all enjoy!

Rig: 2018 f150 4x4 with the 2.7 ecoboost, will be starting a build on this from one hundred percent stock in the next few months
Experience: Novice to intermediate, have done some dumb stuff in a rig that was more capable than I was at the time. But now with a family of five, I am way more cautious.
HelloWilliam, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Located in north central Louisiana, I’m a frequent camper, overlander, kayak Angler, and overall outdoorsman. I have owned my 4Runner for two months and already completed PeeWees Crossing at SMORR!

I’m down to meet others here in the forum and just add me as a friend. My Facebook is Kyle Hines and my Instagram is @ bayou_angler87. I’m a Vibe Kayaks Regional Staff, Bending Branches Paddles Regional Ambassador, and Savur Outdoors Pro Staff!
Hello Kyle, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
1) Denver, Colorado
2) 2000 Jeep XJ - XJ Revkit Link - Still building and expanding like everyone else...
3) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice - intermediate for the 2nd time. My wife and I just started back up camping and exploring again after a VERY long hiatus. From Tents to slide-in campers, then into a truck with a 5th wheel along with a boat. We were either camping, boating, or both every weekend during the spring/summer throughout the fall. Until we were severely hit by the dot-com crash and lost everything including the house and all our belonging. However, we survived and are doing very well and decided to start exploring once again.
Hello Patrick, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! My name is Abigayle, I’m newish to overlanding…. My stepdad is getting us into the swing of things and I’m getting my first roof top tent soon! I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot (named Greta) and she’s my baby! I’m located in the Hill country area of Texas. Not sure what else to say other than I’m new to this and excited to make some new friends!
Hello Abigayle, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone! I’m new, joined a couple months ago. Own a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon JKU. Live in the San Diego/Temecula, Ca area, retired USMC. Started overlanding when Covid kicked off as a way to get outdoors and back to nature! As I post this, I just picked up my 22’ Jeep 392 XR…can’t wait to build it up and hit the trails!
Hello Jimmy, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I am Joshua, from northern Virginia! I am a real novice. I have been an outdoorsmen for years: camping, hiking, mountain biking, boating, etc., so overlanding is the logical next step. I don't have a serious rig yet, but am doing some light overlanding in my stock 2015 Honda Civic; it's fine for general dirt and gravel roads in good weather, even some easy forest roads if I am careful. I pulled out the back seats and installed a sleeping platform from driver's seat into the trunk.

I am working on being able to get a better rig though; I am leaning towards a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X, previous generation, though I am also considering a Subaru Forester if I decide I don't want to do anything too extreme.
Hello Joshua, welcome to Overland Bound.

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

Hi everybody! I'm Scott from the Austin, Texas area. I drive a 2015 Rav4 XLE with a sleeping platform and kitchenette. It is 2wd so I am primarily on dirt roads, beaches and highways. My favorite spots to travel to are the Texas gulf beaches and Texas State Parks. I joined OB to meet people who are interested in the outdoors and the stewardship and conservation of our land and trails. I am fairly experienced in overlanding and starting to get my 4 year old involved. I used to be heavily involved in Search and Rescue, outdoor education and now I'm excited to be a part of the OB family and I look forward to many trips with yall!

Attachments

Member III

Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I am Joshua, from northern Virginia! I am a real novice. I have been an outdoorsmen for years: camping, hiking, mountain biking, boating, etc., so overlanding is the logical next step. I don't have a serious rig yet, but am doing some light overlanding in my stock 2015 Honda Civic; it's fine for general dirt and gravel roads in good weather, even some easy forest roads if I am careful. I pulled out the back seats and installed a sleeping platform from driver's seat into the trunk.

I am working on being able to get a better rig though; I am leaning towards a Nissan Frontier Pro-4X, previous generation, though I am also considering a Subaru Forester if I decide I don't want to do anything too extreme.
Welcome Josh!

Member III

Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hi everybody! I'm Scott from the Austin, Texas area. I drive a 2015 Rav4 XLE. I joined OB to meet people who are interested in the outdoors and the stewardship and conservation of our land and trails. I am experienced in overlanding and starting to get my 4 year old involved. I used to be heavily inolved in Search and Rescue, outdoor education and now I'm excited to be a part of the OB family and I look forward to many trips with yall!
Welcome Scott!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody! I'm Scott from the Austin, Texas area. I drive a 2015 Rav4 XLE with a sleeping platform and kitchenette. It is 2wd so I am primarily on dirt roads, beaches and highways. My favorite spots to travel to are the Texas gulf beaches and Texas State Parks. I joined OB to meet people who are interested in the outdoors and the stewardship and conservation of our land and trails. I am fairly experienced in overlanding and starting to get my 4 year old involved. I used to be heavily involved in Search and Rescue, outdoor education and now I'm excited to be a part of the OB family and I look forward to many trips with yall!
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Some great local contacts are; in Texas @Roots66 & @Coreymol
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Here is a Midwest expo in MO MOORE EXPO April 8-10, 2022
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound Joshua
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
Hello Scott (@Rav4_Overland ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. The other is Mike (@Roots66 ). In the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982

There are several meet ups in the state
The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning
These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Looking forward to meeting you a trail!
If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Scott, welcome to Overland Bound!

NLTFX4

Rank I

Contributor I

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Tracy
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Vet
Hey Everyone, I'm Nate. I have a '19 Ford Ranger FX4 I'm making into my overlanding rig, who my 5 year old daughter has aptly named "Lyla", and is relentless about it.
I'm based out of Sacramento CA but originally from Calaveras County here in CA. I'm entirely new to the overlanding world, but excited to start exploring! Hopefully I can meet some awesome people here to learn from.

Attachments

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
Hey Everyone, I'm Nate. I have a '19 Ford Ranger FX4 I'm making into my overlanding rig, who my 5 year old daughter has aptly named "Lyla", and is relentless about it.
I'm based out of Sacramento CA but originally from Calaveras County here in CA. I'm entirely new to the overlanding world, but excited to start exploring! Hopefully I can meet some awesome people here to learn from.
Hej Nate. Welcome. Good to have you around.

Wishes from Croatia (at the moment)

Rickie D

Rank 0

Contributor I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Solis
Hello all,

My name is Ricardo. I'm from Costa Rica, but I'm currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. I recently purchased a 2014 SR5 Toyota 4Runner. I like to call it "FurRunner" since I now use it to take my dogs places and camping. It has no mods yet, but I hope to get it ready for some trails soon. It is a 2WD so I would appreciate your advice on places to go and what mods could help me the most. I'm not planning on doing any crazy trail yet as I'm a novice.

I hope we get a chance to meet... hopefully in the woods!

Attachments