• HTML tutorial

Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

Hi everybody!
My name is Simon. I have a 2014 Silverado, two kayaks and a 1990s tent my uncle gave me and my wife.
We are looking forward to spending more time outdoors
Welcome to Overland Bound Simon
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition tiers Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

cigoL

Rank 0

Contributor II

Welcome to Overland Bound
Can you edit your profile to include a city and country, this helps the app get you local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition tiers Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Hej there Kent. I just did. Am I right that this forum is mostly for North America, and to a much lesser degree for Europe?

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Hey everyone! :) I just signed up and am excited to connect. I am new to overlanding. In fact, I don't even have my 4x4 vehicle yet, but is about to buy it. I'm living in Denmark, Europe and want to explore Norway and the Pyrenees (Spain, France, Andorra) soon. Anyone else here from Denmark (or close by)?
Hello Stefan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Hey everyone! :) I just signed up and am excited to connect. I am new to overlanding. In fact, I don't even have my 4x4 vehicle yet, but is about to buy it. I'm living in Denmark, Europe and want to explore Norway and the Pyrenees (Spain, France, Andorra) soon. Anyone else here from Denmark (or close by)?
Hello Stefan, welcome to Overland Bound!

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Welcome, my uncle is in Germany and he has hit a couple of those spots. Looked like great times.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Hello

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

For meet ups and trips, go here and find people to join on events.

Events Archive - Overland Bound

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Overland Bound - Mid Europe

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Contributor II

-) Oshkosh, WI
-) 2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7L (just bought it, fixing it up first)
-) My experience is pretty limited to gravel/dirt farm roads.

Just starting to get into it. I've always traveled around state parts, but nothing really off road, and I want some new experiences, so I'm starting to build a rig off the dakota.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

-) Oshkosh, WI
-) 2006 Dodge Dakota 4.7L (just bought it, fixing it up first)
-) My experience is pretty limited to gravel/dirt farm roads.

Just starting to get into it. I've always traveled around state parts, but nothing really off road, and I want some new experiences, so I'm starting to build a rig off the dakota.
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

The Jeepsy

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

New Members,
Welcome to Overland Bound your joining a amazing group of people.
Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

StevenE90

Rank II

Contributor III

Hey everyone, new here. Me and my gf have been overlanding for couple of years now, we're very much into taking video of our trips and have done couple youtube videos, Also have designed some off road inspired T-shirts.
Looking forward to meeting you guys out on the trails!!

Rig: 09 Ford Explorer 4x4
Experience: I'd say beginner still :D

Attachments

Explorador

Rank IV

Traveler III

Hey everyone, new here. Me and my gf have been overlanding for couple of years now, we're very much into taking video of our trips and have done couple youtube videos, Also have designed some off road inspired T-shirts.
Looking forward to meeting you guys out on the trails!!

Rig: 09 Ford Explorer 4x4
Experience: I'd say beginner still :D
Welcome to OB!! What's the name of the YT channel?