Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone! My name is Edgar
Instagram: Cumbrevalle

This is my rig CALIFA. A 19’ Jeep Wrangler S.

I am in Southern California near Riverside.

At this point in my off-road adventures I would considered myself as a moderate skilled driver off road. There have been a couple of recovery situations that I have learned from . It is always good to learn the hard way. I am also confident enough when switching to 4H and 4L depending on my trail terrain.

I am joining OB to lead/tag along with anyone else who is down to hit some trails.
Hello Edgar, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

At this point in my off-road adventures I would considered myself as a moderate skilled driver off road. There have been a couple of recovery situations that I have learned from . It is always good to learn the hard way. I am also confident enough when switching to 4H and 4L depending on my trail terrain.

I am joining OB to lead/tag along with anyone else who is down to hit some trails.
Hello Edgar, welcome to Overland Bound.

Contributor II

Western Massachusetts, MA, USA
First Name
Rodney
Last Name
Neill
Hello everyone. My name is Rodney Neill.
I've recently joined this website in an effort to learn more about the Overlanding community and its wide variety of vehicles.
I am not a 4x4 or an overlanding person per say however I would like to sincerely learn if my product line is a viable option for this community in any way.
Simply put, my products are magnetic methods of storage. Not earth shattering, but they have worked fairly well for those currently using them for their applications.
I have until recently stayed in the original industry which they have been designed for which is the Nuclear Security Industry & Law Enforcement.
I plan to travel this year for some of the meet ups and hope to meet some of you folks.
My IG's are @tactote , @tac_tote_travels, < My Tacoma can be seen there, and the newest account is @tac_tote_overland.

Location is Western Massachusetts. Look forward to meeting some of you!

MrWright

Rank VI

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Howdy! This is the first response to a post I've done. I am a new member, just signed up to be a part of this community. I am also new to off-roading / overlanding. I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler, no real mods. I have been to Ocean City Maryland's Jeep Beach Week before and played around a little here and there on some mild trails but nothing significant. I am looking forward to getting educated and motivated thru this site. I've only been to Georgia once, Savannah, staying there a few days before going to Florida. I stayed at a "Haunted Hotel" in Savannah in hopes to experience some paranormal activity but it didnt happen while I was awake haha. I'm not too far away, I'm a Virginian.
Hello John, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.
Welcome to the family! This app is a fantastic resource for questions, maps, and a place to check out other enthusiasts rigs. Have fun and stay safe.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I've recently joined this website in an effort to learn more about the Overlanding community and its wide variety of vehicles.
I am not a 4x4 or an overlanding person per say however I would like to sincerely learn if my product line is a viable option for this community in any way.
Simply put, my products are magnetic methods of storage. Not earth shattering, but they have worked fairly well for those currently using them for their applications.
I have until recently stayed in the original industry which they have been designed for which is the Nuclear Security Industry & Law Enforcement.
I plan to travel this year for some of the meet ups and hope to meet some of you folks.
My IG's are @tactote , @tac_tote_travels, < My Tacoma can be seen there, and the newest account is @tac_tote_overland.

Hello Rodney, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Rodney
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hallo Edgar
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

MrWright

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Hi All,

New to the group and waving a hand. Not new to camping and have gone a few overlanding trips but looking to make it more of a norm. I have a one owner 98 ZJ that I'm building out slowly but surely. Looking forward to some great discussions, learning few things from the crew here and getting out on a few trails here on the West Coast.

-Stephen
Hello Stephen, welcome to Overland Bound.
Welcome Stephen! Throw up a pic of your ZJ.

MrWright

Rank VI

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Service Branch
US Marine Corps
Howdy, I'm Sean. I've been lurking around since probably 2012, in and out of lots of forums and checking out everyone's builds. Basically trying to figure out what is best for me and how I tend to use my vehicle.
I am located in Santa Fe, Texas near Galveston Island where I was born. I grew up in South Central/East Colorado (Trinidad) and tend to go up there at least once a year.

I own a 2012 LR4 HSE (non-HD sadly). 2" Lift, 265/65R18 Cooper Discoverer Tires

I have mostly been using my rig for Tough Mudder and Spartan Races. I tend to get bored with all the same locations so I visit other states instead. Kansas, Virginia, Washington, Colorado, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. last year. One issue I have had with all of those trips are I want to get out more, or off the Highway at least. So I finally convinced my brother to stop being lazy and to take his Jeep Gladiator places with me so we can actually have fun and not worry about getting stuck as we would have a backup vehicle (one of us really needs to buy recovery equipment though). Now I have convinced him to start taking trips before his second child is born so we have a good host of trips planned, starting with Big Bend in April.

Which means, I need to get more serious and start outfitting for actual travel rather than just highway. We are now doing all the Jeep Honor Trails nearby. Easiest thing I could do was use my brothers ego against him by showing how my mostly stock Land Rover had more Off-Road ability than his Jeep, it worked. So with the bad reception at most places and the offline mode for the Expedition Members I went ahead and joined as a member. That app is so much nicer than some of the official trail maps and with additional items from members added it show a lot more options than I previously known about.

Overlanding Experience, I would say none or beginner. I do not consider driving highway to a specific event to stay in a hotel because I can't find local campsites as overlanding.
It is also not why I bought the vehicle I did. After being stuck with not being allowed to go anywhere or constantly changing around or canceling most trips for an entire year, may that never happen again, I decided to start finding better ways of planning and gain more experience in the actual capabilities of the vehicle, hence go-ding little brothers into going 4 wheeling with me.

Glad to be here and probably won't be talking much but will definitely be gathering ideas and using some of the resources here for Trip planning.
Sean,

Welcome brother! It sounds like you have a good setup. Throw up a few pictures. Pictures are like crack on this app. Lol.

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD

I do like new gadgets and goodies! I am following the IG account now. It looks like some great products for the Bearcat, I definitely could have used these back in the day haha.
I'm going to have to put metal panels all around the jeep to be able to use em .

Thanks for posting.

I hope you get a good return on your effort.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all we are Tim and Deb and we are Soulverlanding. Our rig is a 2013 Nissan Xterra with several mods and more on the way.
Welcome To Overland Bound Tim and Deb
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. @Wawa Skittletits is a great resource in your area.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome To Overland Bound Rodney
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Edgar
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
Some contacts for local information are @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: El-Dracho and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Edgar, welcome to Overland Bound!