First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Etie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Km6fcy
Hi All,

New to the group and waving a hand. Not new to camping and have gone a few overlanding trips but looking to make it more of a norm. I have a one owner 98 ZJ that I'm building out slowly but surely. Looking forward to some great discussions, learning few things from the crew here and getting out on a few trails here on the West Coast.

-Stephen

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi All,

New to the group and waving a hand. Not new to camping and have gone a few overlanding trips but looking to make it more of a norm. I have a one owner 98 ZJ that I'm building out slowly but surely. Looking forward to some great discussions, learning few things from the crew here and getting out on a few trails here on the West Coast.

-Stephen
Hallo Stephen
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Outlandish_Mits

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

North Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Hampton
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hi All,

-Stephen
Welcome to the Community !!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
What's Upaluffagus, Home Skillets?!?!?!

My name is Steven and I am (obviously) new to to the forum and relatively new to off-roading. I've had a 1984 Chevy Blazer, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2004 Jeep Wrangler and now...[insert child-like giggle here]... a 2022 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium. I've had her for three weeks and I think we have started to develop a very rewarding relationship. She will be my daily driver as well as my Weekend Warrior...or Enabler...whatevs...

From what I understand, her preferred diet is mostly grasses, roots, bark, flowers, moss, etc. When she's bored she apparently likes to roll around in snow, mud or dirt. Sometimes she prefers bouldering or light rock climbing and when she needs to cool off, streams or puddles seem to do the trick. It is my responsibility to provide as many opportunities as possible for her to indulge in these activities.

All I ask from her in return is to get me from point A to point B...or point C, D or point where-the-fu#%-am-I-now??? reliably while I laugh and holler like a crazy person. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I did a bit of off-roading several years ago in the Jeeps. All were mostly stock and the trails ranged from fire roads to some relatively sketchy trails that fell within the capabilities of the vehicle I drove at the time. I wouldn't consider myself an "experienced" off-roader but also not quite a newbie. I am open and anxious to learn more. I did months of research on new Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, Ford Broncos and Rangers, Chevy Colorado, and Toyota 4Runners and Tacomas. The 4Runner just kept climbing to the top of the list.

So now I need to get her out into the wild and see what she can do. I am not afraid to get her (or myself) dirty. We're both up for hard work and learning from more experienced people. I'm excited to be here and plan on being an active member and participant in events. I'm even willing to drive across a state or two to meet up and go out and explore!

Adventure gathers, and now my watch begins!
Steven
Hello Steven, welcome to Overland Bound. The Toyota 4Runner ORP is a excellent vehicle platform for adventures.

MadMedic

Rank V

Trail Mechanic II

Fredericksburg, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
McCamley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRPG822
Service Branch
Fredericksburg FD

My name is Steven and I am (obviously) new to to the forum and relatively new to off-roading. I've had a 1984 Chevy Blazer, 1999 Jeep Cherokee, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2004 Jeep Wrangler and now...[insert child-like giggle here]... a 2022 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium. I've had her for three weeks and I think we have started to develop a very rewarding relationship. She will be my daily driver as well as my Weekend Warrior...or Enabler...whatevs...

From what I understand, her preferred diet is mostly grasses, roots, bark, flowers, moss, etc. When she's bored she apparently likes to roll around in snow, mud or dirt. Sometimes she prefers bouldering or light rock climbing and when she needs to cool off, streams or puddles seem to do the trick. It is my responsibility to provide as many opportunities as possible for her to indulge in these activities.

All I ask from her in return is to get me from point A to point B...or point C, D or point where-the-fu#%-am-I-now??? reliably while I laugh and holler like a crazy person. Seems like a fair trade to me.

I did a bit of off-roading several years ago in the Jeeps. All were mostly stock and the trails ranged from fire roads to some relatively sketchy trails that fell within the capabilities of the vehicle I drove at the time. I wouldn't consider myself an "experienced" off-roader but also not quite a newbie. I am open and anxious to learn more. I did months of research on new Jeep Wranglers and Gladiators, Ford Broncos and Rangers, Chevy Colorado, and Toyota 4Runners and Tacomas. The 4Runner just kept climbing to the top of the list.

So now I need to get her out into the wild and see what she can do. I am not afraid to get her (or myself) dirty. We're both up for hard work and learning from more experienced people. I'm excited to be here and plan on being an active member and participant in events. I'm even willing to drive across a state or two to meet up and go out and explore!

Steven
HAHA I like your writing style Steven. I'll be looking forward to more of your posts. Glad to have you here in the group.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Steven
Hi Steven and welcome to Overland Bound!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi All,

-Stephen
Hi Stephen and welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

-Stephen
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact; Bay Area @PapaDave. Dave organizes the East Bay monthly meet up that can be found on the map.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: WJLander and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Steven
Welcome to Overland Bound Steven
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The Regional Director for local information is @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

Steven
Great Intro Steven. Welcome to Overland Bound and congratulations on your new 2022 Toyota 4Runner (great choice BTW). After many months of similar research my wife settled on the 4th Gen Runner as her rig of choice and had me drive her to Seattle from our humble little town in the north east corner of Oregon to pick it up.

Overland Bound (OB for short) is broken down into regions. You obviously are in the Pacific Northwest, and I am the Director for OB Northwest Region. I have member representatives scattered a crossed the region to be of assistance to all of our members and stratigically located to have a representative close at hand. Your closest member representative is @Ubiety in Sammamish, Washington. If you have any questions or need help in any way, feel free to message us at any time and we will get back to you as soon as we are able.

I see you have the Expedition Tier subscription; great choice. The Expedition Tier is a work in progress, but is an awesome platform to help get you and your new girl lost… err umm I mean… keep from getting lost. There are lots of tracks throughout the Northwest and more being added almost daily. If you know of a track that isn’t on the map, well all we ask is you go ahead and add it. That’s what makes OB1 different from all the rest of the apps. All tracks are submitted by members who have done the tracks and are subject matter experts on the trail system you see.

There are some key dates coming up this year:

Northwest Overland Rally in Leavenworth, Washington is June 16-20 2022 (http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/) Registration opens soon

Overland Expo PNW is making its first debut to the Northwest this year in Bend, Oregon on July 8-10. (About PNW — Overland Expo®) Tickets are already on sale, and @OTH Overland and @jcgraves3 are already starting to through around some ideas for members up in the greater Seattle Area to make the trip down more enjoyable.

And Lastly keep your eyes peeled for the first ever Northwest Regional End of Season Campout this fall. Dates and location yet to be determined.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Steven
Hello Steven, welcome to Overland Bound! I love the intro!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All,

-Stephen
Hello Stephen, welcome to Overland Bound!

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi All,

-Stephen
We are meeting this Sunday earlier than normal, before the Super Bowl, come if you can! 11am-1pm

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has a great 2022 lined up and you are invited! You can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up—Pleasanton CA | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR

Steven
Steven, Welcome to Overland Bound from Camano Island (up and a bit to the left of Redmond), should not have too much trouble finding help getting your new 'Toy' properly dirty... Hope to cross paths, trails, or mud holes with you someday.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All,

-Stephen
Hello Stephen, welcome to Overland Bound.

Rendezvous Tribe

Rank IV

Member II

Santa Fe, TX, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Howard
Member #

Howdy, I'm Sean. I've been lurking around since probably 2012, in and out of lots of forums and checking out everyone's builds. Basically trying to figure out what is best for me and how I tend to use my vehicle.
I am located in Santa Fe, Texas near Galveston Island where I was born. I grew up in South Central/East Colorado (Trinidad) and tend to go up there at least once a year.

I own a 2012 LR4 HSE (non-HD sadly). 2" Lift, 265/65R18 Cooper Discoverer Tires

I have mostly been using my rig for Tough Mudder and Spartan Races. I tend to get bored with all the same locations so I visit other states instead. Kansas, Virginia, Washington, Colorado, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. last year. One issue I have had with all of those trips are I want to get out more, or off the Highway at least. So I finally convinced my brother to stop being lazy and to take his Jeep Gladiator places with me so we can actually have fun and not worry about getting stuck as we would have a backup vehicle (one of us really needs to buy recovery equipment though). Now I have convinced him to start taking trips before his second child is born so we have a good host of trips planned, starting with Big Bend in April.

Which means, I need to get more serious and start outfitting for actual travel rather than just highway. We are now doing all the Jeep Honor Trails nearby. Easiest thing I could do was use my brothers ego against him by showing how my mostly stock Land Rover had more Off-Road ability than his Jeep, it worked. So with the bad reception at most places and the offline mode for the Expedition Members I went ahead and joined as a member. That app is so much nicer than some of the official trail maps and with additional items from members added it show a lot more options than I previously known about.

Overlanding Experience, I would say none or beginner. I do not consider driving highway to a specific event to stay in a hotel because I can't find local campsites as overlanding.
It is also not why I bought the vehicle I did. After being stuck with not being allowed to go anywhere or constantly changing around or canceling most trips for an entire year, may that never happen again, I decided to start finding better ways of planning and gain more experience in the actual capabilities of the vehicle, hence go-ding little brothers into going 4 wheeling with me.

Glad to be here and probably won't be talking much but will definitely be gathering ideas and using some of the resources here for Trip planning.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Howdy, I'm Sean. I've been lurking around since probably 2012, in and out of lots of forums and checking out everyone's builds. Basically trying to figure out what is best for me and how I tend to use my vehicle.
I am located in Santa Fe, Texas near Galveston Island where I was born. I grew up in South Central/East Colorado (Trinidad) and tend to go up there at least once a year.

I have mostly been using my rig for Tough Mudder and Spartan Races. I tend to get bored with all the same locations so I visit other states instead. Kansas, Virginia, Washington, Colorado, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. last year. One issue I have had with all of those trips are I want to get out more, or off the Highway at least. So I finally convinced my brother to stop being lazy and to take his Jeep Gladiator places with me so we can actually have fun and not worry about getting stuck as we would have a backup vehicle (one of us really needs to buy recovery equipment though). Now I have convinced him to start taking trips before his second child is born so we have a good host of trips planned, starting with Big Bend in April.

Which means, I need to get more serious and start outfitting for actual travel rather than just highway. We are now doing all the Jeep Honor Trails nearby. Easiest thing I could do was use my brothers ego against him by showing how my mostly stock Land Rover had more Off-Road ability than his Jeep, it worked. So with the bad reception at most places and the offline mode for the Expedition Members I went ahead and joined as a member. That app is so much nicer than some of the official trail maps and with additional items from members added it show a lot more options than I previously known about.

Overlanding Experience, I would say none or beginner. I do not consider driving highway to a specific event to stay in a hotel because I can't find local campsites as overlanding.
It is also not why I bought the vehicle I did. After being stuck with not being allowed to go anywhere or constantly changing around or canceling most trips for an entire year, may that never happen again, I decided to start finding better ways of planning and gain more experience in the actual capabilities of the vehicle, hence go-ding little brothers into going 4 wheeling with me.

Glad to be here and probably won't be talking much but will definitely be gathering ideas and using some of the resources here for Trip planning.
Hallo Sean
Awsome intro
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Sean, welcome to Overland Bound.
There are many recovery companies, I use a lot of Factor55 gear, well made and made in the USA.