Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all
So-cal resident
2015 chevrolet express 2500 2wd

Novice or below overland experience.

Im fascinated by overlanding. Im currently just enjoying camping out of the van.

I look forward to some casual events to meet some new folks.
Hello Garret, welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy. First name is Erik.

Located in Texas, San Marcos area for now. But getting ready to hit the road for a while. Sabbatical I guess you would say.

2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. Lift, tires, wheels, and all the various bits to support a long trip.

Would say I'm "novice +" maybe? Or Moderate? Was a COLT Platoon Sergeant and team chief in the Army for the 3rd ACR plus a longtime offroader in Jeeps (currently own my 13th - a '99 XJ). Have done trips to the Big Bend Region and a trip up to Wyoming and back through the Alpine Loop area, so definitely more than a "beginner". But the trip I'm prepping for is going to be my first time traveling for weeks to months since I received my DD-214.

Don't yet have a website/blog/etc. set up but do have a Facebook page, Thrive Overland, and the usual instagram, thrive_overland.

The pic is my setup from my trip last summer. I have since moved on to a bedrack+RTT.

View attachment 221352
Hello Erik, welcome to Overland Bound!

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hi all
So-cal resident

Im fascinated by overlanding. Im currently just enjoying camping out of the van.

Hallo Garret
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I live in Franklin Co., Missouri, and being a BSA leader keeps me busy in my spare time.
I get to spend a considerable amount of time in the woods and on the water as part of my job.
I would call myself experienced from my years as a mechanic in the Army and having to recover vehicles from operators that did not know how to drive off-road.
Recently sold my 96 XJ and regretted it the same day. Looking for a replacement ASAP.
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Located in Texas, San Marcos area for now. But getting ready to hit the road for a while. Sabbatical I guess you would say.

2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4. Lift, tires, wheels, and all the various bits to support a long trip.

Would say I'm "novice +" maybe? Or Moderate? Was a COLT Platoon Sergeant and team chief in the Army for the 3rd ACR plus a longtime offroader in Jeeps (currently own my 13th - a '99 XJ). Have done trips to the Big Bend Region and a trip up to Wyoming and back through the Alpine Loop area, so definitely more than a "beginner". But the trip I'm prepping for is going to be my first time traveling for weeks to months since I received my DD-214.

Don't yet have a website/blog/etc. set up but do have a Facebook page, Thrive Overland, and the usual instagram, thrive_overland.

The pic is my setup from my trip last summer. I have since moved on to a bedrack+RTT.

View attachment 221352
Hello Erik (@thrive_ovrlnd ), welcome to Overland Bound and thank you for your service. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you are well on your way to all the adventure you could want. Hope to catch you at a meet sometime.

Being in San Marcos, you have a couple choices to pick from as meet ups go. There is a San Antonio meetup here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park
The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I live in Franklin Co., Missouri, and being a BSA leader keeps me busy in my spare time.
I get to spend a considerable amount of time in the woods and on the water as part of my job.
I would call myself experienced from my years as a mechanic in the Army and having to recover vehicles from operators that did not know how to drive off-road.
Recently sold my 96 XJ and regretted it the same day. Looking for a replacement ASAP.
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello all,
Just joined up today but have been camping/backpacking for years.
Currently working on my XJ to get some cool rooftop gear and redundant power, hoping to meet some groups/find some areas to go out and camp.
I live in Mesa/Phoenix, Az down by the salt, often head North.
Got linked here due to the heat exchanger/shower thread and going to give that a shot!

Forum looks awesome.
Welcome to the OB community. Glad to have you. There is lots of good info here. And if you don't see something you are looking for. Post a question. We will help out with whatever info we can.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hey all!

I just joined and bought a 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad. I've had a Jeep TJ and CJ7 in the past, I grew up wheeling in central/southern California (Rubicon/Deer Valley/Anza Borrego/etc). I love in Western Washington state now.

Me and my wife are planning a week long roadtrip to Southern California and back at the end of February, I'll take plenty of pictures and post what I can!

I'm getting away from hard-core trails and getting more into distance travel and exploration. Hoping to meet some cool people along the way.
Welcome to the OB community!

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hi everyone, we have been overlanding for quite a few years(since 2012). But, we were truly novices in the beginning. We had a 2014 RAm 1500 with a 24ft trailer at first. We didn't think we would like roughing it out in the real outdoors :) To our surprise, probably after our 2 trip we decide to sell the trailer and just camp out with our truck. No special equipment, we would just load up the truck with as much as possible and go for 2-3 days.
As time went on and we got more serious about it. We purchased our first tent and rigged our Ram for a decent overlanding setup. After just over a year and a half we sold our truck. We replaced it with a newer RAM 1500 and we just finished building our dedicated overland trailer. We will become supporters in the next month and we hope to see out in the trails. Cheers

The original 2014 RAM 1500 it all started here.
2014 RAM 1500 by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

2019 Truck with upgraded suspension, Falcon Teraflex, Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Wheels. The ride was awesome and we traveled from coast to cost in it.
2014 RAM 1500 by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

First Overland setup with RTT
Wand3ram tent a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New 2021 Stock truck, it only lasted a few weeks :)
2021 Ram by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

New setup with Icon Suspension, 2in lift, New Cooper AT3 XLT tires and Vision Tactical wheels and Century Ultra Camper
21 RAM Laramie MOD a by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

The new set up our custom built overland trailer!!!
Trailer j by Paulo Oliveira, on Flickr

If you guys have any question please feel free to ask.
Nice pics. Awesome to see the progress and changes you have made. I like the overland trailer. Small but functional. Welcome to the OB community!

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hi all, new member from Michigan. Been boondockin/overlanding with my SXS for about 6 years. Last year, I decided to share it on my youtube page and created a channel along with a facebook group to share experiences with other folks interested in this excellent way to spend time! I love the outdoors and exploring trails/areas. Primarily, I ride in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

My FB group and channel are in my details if you are interested in taking a look.

Thanks!!

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hi Everyone,

New to the group and excited to start on some new adventures.

We are a family of 5 from Massachusetts and love the outdoors like everyone else here. We have a girl and two boys, our daughter is a photographer and out boys have been into scouting since they were very young, my wife and I were there scout leaders until our youngest moved up to Boy Scouts. Our hobbies are mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, and we love camping.

With that said we are new to overlanding and in the process of building our rig.

Our rig: 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

Hopefully we will see you guys out there. Enjoy

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hi All I am AJ from Christchurch. New Zealand. I drive a 1995 Mitsubishi Pajero. Been 4wding and overlanding for a few years now and wanting to now share with the international community
IG @kiwi_overlanders
View attachment 221096

KS_Explorer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Reading, Lyon County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lowery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0FEG
Hi all
So-cal resident

Welcome to Overland Bound.
We have camped out of a van many times. They are so easy to load and secure your gear when traveling. They are also easy to use as a shelter if something happens to your tent.

KS_Explorer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Reading, Lyon County, Kansas, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Lowery
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0FEG

View attachment 221352

It looks like you are setup pretty well. I would think you are past the novice stage.

What is that coming off the back of your truck with the light hanging off of it. At first, I thought it was some kind of 'A' frame, like a swing set. Maybe my eyes are tricking me and it is just a canopy.

thrive_ovrlnd

Rank II

Contributor III

Texas, USA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Marsh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
n/a

View attachment 221352

It looks like you are setup pretty well. I would think you are past the novice stage.

What is that coming off the back of your truck with the light hanging off of it. At first, I thought it was some kind of 'A' frame, like a swing set. Maybe my eyes are tricking me and it is just a canopy.

I had built an a folding a frame so I could still use my awning with the soft bed topper.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello, I’m very excited to finally join the group.
I kinda own a 2021 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, I say kinda because I ordered it back in May…
and still I wait. I’m in Northern, BC Canada and look forward to building my Rig and getting it into places that highlight just how amazing this corner of the world is.
Look forward to seeing pics of your build.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Hello everyone,
My husband and I are excited to have joined the Overland community. We are new to this type of adventure and have had our JLU less than a year. We have begun to build it up and are really looking forward to exploring all across North America. We are based out of Ontario, Canada and can’t wait to spread our wings. Our first big trip will be this summer for our 30th wedding anniversary.
We both look forward to meeting members along the way.