Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m very excited to finally join the group.
I kinda own a 2021 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, I say kinda because I ordered it back in May…
and still I wait. I’m in Northern, BC Canada and look forward to building my Rig and getting it into places that highlight just how amazing this corner of the world is.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Thats a long time to wait, hope it gets delivered soon.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The closest Regional Director is @M Rose
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all,

I’m “Yaya” and I’m new here.

Rig: 21’ Toyota 4R TRD Pro
Experience: Just getting started

I’m not new to adventure, I’m new to adventuring in a capable vehicle. As of now, she’s fully stock, I do have a few things sitting in garage that need to be installed and time has just been against me.

My goal is to learn my rig, meet up with groups and see new roads, explore other states and make epic memories.

I’m glad a friend of mine recommended this group and happy to be apart of it!

Hope you all had a great day!
Hello Yaya, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Trey here from southeast Missouri. My rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition. Just getting started in overlanding and getting all the gear for my rig. Looking forward to many great adventures all across the U.S.
Hello Trey, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Trey here from southeast Missouri. My rig is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail edition. Just getting started in overlanding and getting all the gear for my rig. Looking forward to many great adventures all across the U.S.
Trey, looking forward to seeing your progress, suggestions and gear reviews. Like you We are taking the first steps of building out my wife’s 4Runner. What do you have planned for your next build item? Our first item purchase just this past week are sliders. The expected delivery is 8-12 weeks. Very excited for your build out over time, keep us posted

Joe Wolf

Attachments

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello all,

I’m “Yaya” and I’m new here.

Rig: 21’ Toyota 4R TRD Pro
Experience: Just getting started

I’m not new to adventure, I’m new to adventuring in a capable vehicle. As of now, she’s fully stock, I do have a few things sitting in garage that need to be installed and time has just been against me.

My goal is to learn my rig, meet up with groups and see new roads, explore other states and make epic memories.

I’m glad a friend of mine recommended this group and happy to be apart of it!

Hope you all had a great day!
Yaya! Welcome. Great rig! We are excited to see what builds and adventures you experience. Adventure on!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I kinda own a 2021 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, I say kinda because I ordered it back in May…
and still I wait. I’m in Northern, BC Canada and look forward to building my Rig and getting it into places that highlight just how amazing this corner of the world is.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Greetings all,
My name is Brian. I'm fairly new to the wider overlanding community.
Just moved up to the Pacific NW, in the greater Seattle area, and am excited to get out and explore all that it has to offer.
My rig is a '21 Ford Ranger XL/STX 4x4 that I'm in the early stages of building into my dream vehicle.
So far, I've added...
- Old Man Emu (Heavy Load) Nitrocharger shocks, coilovers, and leaf springs
- Black Rhino Arsenal (Sand on Black) in 16x8 with a -10et
- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 285/75R16
- RTR Fender Flares/Vents
- CoverKing Saddle Blanket Seat Covers
- Clearview Original Gen towing mirrors

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! If you have any questions just shoot me a message!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Somewhat new to this community but been exploring a few years. My name is Elliot. I have a 2014 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x. It's served me well but looking to start building it out for longer, deeper trips. Located in the Southern CA area.
Hello Elliot, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello - Just joined,

Have not built out a rig yet - but complete beginner trying to find trails/camping spots to try on an ambitious 4x2 RWD pickup with a 8ft long bed set-up. Obviously will not be nearly as off-road capable, but hoping to still utilize the rig to camp/light offroad when conditions are good. Located in Northern NJ.
I am currently floating the idea of buying a high-rise bed cap such as a Leer 122, and building a bedroom with pullout storage underneath as the main configuration for my overland rig. Until that is built, I plan to try tent-camping with my wife as a good starting point this spring season. Open to 4x2 do-able routes to check out/suggestions/tips on how I can get the most fun and adventure out of this platform, totally understand I am disadvantaged from a 4x2 set-up, but want to get community thoughts as well.

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
Pics attached

2) Location (General area is fine)
Northern NJ

3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
2009 Ford F-150, XL, 4x2, 4.6L V8 Triton 2-valve, 4-spd auto, 8 ft bed, regular cab.

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Complete novice, but looking to get the most out of my adventure-beater truck.
Hello Alvin, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hy Guys.. I been reading the forums for a while now but decided to join the discussion.
Been camping and hiking for years now, decided to get a trailer and start getting out there. Since SE PA is not the most exciting place to overland, I am still game to go out with the family to campgrounds and see where I can overland.
The truck is an 2004 Chevy suburban, not the jeep and 4runner that you see on these forums but it can get me out of jams. The trailer is a 2021 Opus OP4 which we love.
We are thinking about moving to where this can be a get up and go out adventure but that's another story.
I look forward to the discussions.
Hello Dre, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All from Kelowna, BC,

We (wife & myself) have been road trippers from the day we met in 1986.

Our first trip started out in Vancouver BC (where we both lived & grew up) with a few clothes and a Mazda 323 with no plan at all. A few days later we end up in San Francisco and the lifetime journey began.

We now find ourselves empty nesters with 3 adult sons, 2 daughter in laws & 2 grandsons all living 4 to 7 hours away. The past 4-5 years have been spent RVing, but a crowded RV site is not that much different than staying home.

The COVID travel restrictions have us searching for new adventures in our own backyard and overlanding seems to fit the bill, we currently own a 2015 Ram Sport (lifted on 35s), 2007 Suburban (future overlander?) and the bush buggy 1999 Suzuki Vitara (2 door).

I look forward to learning and sharing where I can.
Hello Lew, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi you all, great to have found this forum! We are Miriam & Axel, a couple from Germany. We've been overlanding in Botswana & Namibia for a month a few years ago and plain loved it. Then we went to Australia for three months overlanding with a roof top tend all through western Australia. Now we're planning a four months overlanding trip to South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique. On YouTube we came across "Get out go", and he recommenden this forum, so here we are ;-)
Hello Miriam & Axel, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all, Andrew here from Southern California. Have had a 21 JLUR for about 6 months. Been camping/off-roading my entire life. Looking to expand that into the overlanding world. Thanks for having me.
Hello Andrew, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey All ,

We are from Eastern CO (east of COS) New to Overlanding, but grew up "4wheelin'" and then Off-Roadin'. Always been an out door guy, hiking, hunting, fishing, remote camping etc and in the last two years have got into mountain biking, snowshoeing. Now that our kids are older we decided to get back into going to far (and not so far) away places by vehicle. So a few months ago we bought a 2013 trail Ed. 4runner and decided that's the perfect truck for us to do this in. Installed a roof rack from victory 4x4, then bought a RTT (still installing that..gotta be done by end of day friday for a trip )
Hello Don, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everybody my names Will! Currently still enlisted and stationed in Hawaii. but getting out soon and moving back to NC.

I have 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab Long Bed in cement gray.
im looking to start an overland build, Open to all suggestions, Comments and tips.

Looking to do a a camper shell, with roof racks on both Cab and Camper, Lift and Tires.
Really trying to do alot of research on this and wanna do it right.

I have a long list.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!!

Excitied to be here!!
Hello Will, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi y'all. My name is Rob McKinnell and I'm in Wiggins Mississippi. I retired from the Army in 2012 and now own a small farm.

I have a Colorado ZR2 that is stock but I have plans (front bumper, winch, shock relocation, skid plates), but am going to run it as is for now (not many rocks in Mississippi lol). I've built many rock crawlers out of Jeeps (yj and tj) and spent years on the road "less traveled".

I'm just looking for some like minded people around me to wheel with who are into it a little more than a mud puddle and beer.

And I can't add a pic lol
Hello Rob, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Wandering OverLand Family
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.