Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all. My name is Rob McKinnell and I'm in Wiggins Mississippi. I retired from the Army in 2012 and now own a small farm.

I have a Colorado ZR2 that is stock but I have plans (front bumper, winch, shock relocation, skid plates), but am going to run it as is for now (not many rocks in Mississippi lol). I've built many rock crawlers out of Jeeps (yj and tj) and spent years on the road "less traveled".

I'm just looking for some like minded people around me to wheel with who are into it a little more than a mud puddle and beer.

And I can't add a pic lol
Welcome To Overland Bound Rob
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody my names Will! Currently still enlisted and stationed in Hawaii. but getting out soon and moving back to NC.

I have 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Double Cab Long Bed in cement gray.
im looking to start an overland build, Open to all suggestions, Comments and tips.

Looking to do a a camper shell, with roof racks on both Cab and Camper, Lift and Tires.
Really trying to do alot of research on this and wanna do it right.

I have a long list.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!!

Excitied to be here!!
Welcome To Overland Bound Will
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
When you move back to SC you will be in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from Oregon. Looking into getting out with the kids. Will start off tent camping, but wanted to join this forum to get pointers and knowledge of getting started.
Welcome to Overland Bound John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a local Portland meet-up you might be interested in, it can be found on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly universal online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
The Regional Director for local information it @M Rose

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Wandering OverLand Family
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hallo Joe
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Est. 2011 - Exploring and Adventuring together with our family. Enjoying locations and roads less traveled, National Parks and historic places.
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hallo Joe
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Thank you Bengt, I am very excited to be a part of the OB community

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everybody my names Will! Currently still enlisted and stationed in Hawaii. but getting out soon and moving back to NC.

im looking to start an overland build, Open to all suggestions, Comments and tips.

Looking to do a a camper shell, with roof racks on both Cab and Camper, Lift and Tires.

I have a long list.

Excitied to be here!!
Hello Will, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and WAA96

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi y'all. My name is Rob McKinnell and I'm in Wiggins Mississippi. I retired from the Army in 2012 and now own a small farm.

I have a Colorado ZR2 that is stock but I have plans (front bumper, winch, shock relocation, skid plates), but am going to run it as is for now (not many rocks in Mississippi lol). I've built many rock crawlers out of Jeeps (yj and tj) and spent years on the road "less traveled".

I'm just looking for some like minded people around me to wheel with who are into it a little more than a mud puddle and beer.

Hello Rob, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

I have a long list.

Excitied to be here!!
Will, welcome!! Very excited for you road ahead. Look forward to hearing about your build out and travels

Joe

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound!

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound!
Shahn, hello to you too! Thank you for the warm welcome

Joe

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Joe Wolf

Rank V

Advocate III

Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Wolf
Member #

Service Branch
USMC

Rob, Hooah! Mississippi is a great place to adventure!! I am speechless each time we have visited the Vicksburg National Battlefield. Silence and Respect to all those who served there.
Look forward to hearing about your Mississippi overlanding!

Joe

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Hello OB Pack.

JOE WOLF
Veteran - USMC
SouthWest USA
Hallo Joe
Welcome to OBO
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

Thank you Bengt, I am very excited to be a part of the OB community
Hallo again
Dont forget to look up the forums
Did putt out a tackle in Q&A earlier today, got answer in one our just amaising
WBR
Bengt N
Sweden

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New member here from Oregon. Looking into getting out with the kids. Will start off tent camping, but wanted to join this forum to get pointers and knowledge of getting started.
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound