Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

I'm the newest new guy. Driving a 2021 Silverado HD Custom. I want to turn it into a reasonably priced overland vehicle for my family. I'm realizing figuring out how to outfit it is more complicated than I thought.
It doesn't have to be complicated. Just figure out what you NEED to achieve your adventure goals. Anything beyond that is optional.

Welcome to the OB community.

D4R4x4

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Sumner County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Timmons
Member #

Good morning, I’m Ryan. From the Charleston SC area. New to Overlanding type of camping and travel. Not new to camping, but looking to explore and see other types of things. My rig definitely need to be multi purpose. I’m a building contractor specializing in outdoor spaces, mostly composite deck systems. So My truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 CTD crew cab long bed. I tow heavy a lot, a dump trailer, or the Super Air Nautique 226TE. So I need most of everything I build to be removable pretty quickly. The plan is a RTT, water and power systems for weekend or midweek getaways to lakes where we will be using the boat. Sites that allow offshore moring of the boat at the camp sites. Lots of the lakes around our area have campgrounds with ramps. its nice to be here to gain information to see what works best.

mods so far—

Carli Suspension—-3.25 Backcountry with Fox 2.0 resi shocks
35x11.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
airlift 5000 bags in daystar cradles with onboard air.
Some front and rear lighting.

replacing soft tonneau cover with a Renegade Cover with 2000lb top capacity—-on order but 22 weeks out.
Welcome to the OB community.

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
I'm the newest new guy. Driving a 2021 Silverado HD Custom. I want to turn it into a reasonably priced overland vehicle for my family. I'm realizing figuring out how to outfit it is more complicated than I thought.
Welcome Pastor J, have fun on the trail

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Jared, welcome to Overland Bound. That problem is the same one we all have. :)

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good morning, I’m Ryan. From the Charleston SC area. New to Overlanding type of camping and travel. Not new to camping, but looking to explore and see other types of things. My rig definitely need to be multi purpose. I’m a building contractor specializing in outdoor spaces, mostly composite deck systems. So My truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 CTD crew cab long bed. I tow heavy a lot, a dump trailer, or the Super Air Nautique 226TE. So I need most of everything I build to be removable pretty quickly. The plan is a RTT, water and power systems for weekend or midweek getaways to lakes where we will be using the boat. Sites that allow offshore moring of the boat at the camp sites. Lots of the lakes around our area have campgrounds with ramps. its nice to be here to gain information to see what works best.

mods so far—

Carli Suspension—-3.25 Backcountry with Fox 2.0 resi shocks
35x11.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
airlift 5000 bags in daystar cradles with onboard air.
Some front and rear lighting.

replacing soft tonneau cover with a Renegade Cover with 2000lb top capacity—-on order but 22 weeks out.
Hello Ryan, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,
My name is Rick
I live in Central NC
Retired Navy Chief
Ive had several 4Runners over the years.
Currently have a 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
Hello Rick, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Patrick G. here……
Experience: always been an outdoor enthusiast….but new to overlanding
Vehicle: 2021 Powerwagon that I’m currently rigging out for trips

interested in getting some experience with seasoned pros in anticipation of my first father son trip down the Baja Peninsula this Summer. would love to join a caravan if anyone is going down Baja this summer?
Hello Patrick, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello people. My name is Anthony Broussard and my wife is Karen Broussard. We are just getting into overlanding. We are from Lafayette LA aka Cajun Country. We drive a 2012 Ford Raptor named Rex. We are looking forward to seeing many parts of the United States in our future travels. Not sure where to start but can’t wait. Looks like this might be the place for useful info.
Hello Anthony, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys, my name’s Lorne from Red Deer Alberta Canada. I just bought a used 2019 4Runner I plan on eventually gearing up for overlanding. First order are tires.

At the moment I’m just a “visiting member “ and plan on getting a full membership but need to know just how active are the Canadian member here.

I’ll try to post a pic of my rig (completely stock atm) but I’m not very tech so I might botch it.

Anyways, this is me. Looking forward to talking with you guys about rigs and trails and sharing some stories.
Hello Lorne, welcome to the OB family.

Bengt N

Rank VII

Member III

Sparreholm, Södermanland, Sweden
First Name
Bengt
Last Name
Nordrup
Member #

Patrick G. here……
Experience: always been an outdoor enthusiast….but new to overlanding
Vehicle: 2021 Powerwagon that I’m currently rigging out for trips

interested in getting some experience with seasoned pros in anticipation of my first father son trip down the Baja Peninsula this Summer. would love to join a caravan if anyone is going down Baja this summer?
Hello Patrick, welcome to the OB family.
Hello to you all from Bengt N

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good Morning,
My name is JT, from Sacramento, Calif.
My current vehicle is a '21 Tacoma. It's my third Tacoma, though the first one not being leased, so I actually get to keep it for more than three years. I plan on outfitting it with some gear and travelling to dark sky sites with it for stargazing. My only overlanding experience thus far is to pack the bed full of camping equipment and driving out to a camping area in a state park designed for such. I'd really like to try out dispersed camping, driving along a trail till it's time to stop and relax and pop out the tent I plan on getting.

View attachment 219146
Hello JT, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!!

We’re Miranda & Michael from Timmy_TheTundra! We’re currently in the process of building out our 2021 Toyota Tundra to make it overland-capable. So far we have switched out the suspension (BP-51), added a bumper, an antenna and radio system, a snorkel, a custom leaf kit, and we’ve installed a SwitchPro. Next on our list is a down payment on a Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Hawk, then a flatbed, airbags, rear locker, gears, sliders, and rear armor. We’re so excited to eventually meet up with everyone and use this app to its full capability!

Happy travels.

Miranda & Michael
Hello Miranda & Michael, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings from the Greater Phoenix area. We are Graham and Steph Taylor and can’t wait for what 2022 has in store for us… we’ve spent the last year “finding our groove” and building out the 2020 Ranger. Amazing times re discovering ourselves, each other and nature. Glad to be in this community.
Hello Graham & Steph, welcome to the OB family.