Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning, I’m Ryan. From the Charleston SC area. New to Overlanding type of camping and travel. Not new to camping, but looking to explore and see other types of things. My rig definitely need to be multi purpose. I’m a building contractor specializing in outdoor spaces, mostly composite deck systems. So My truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 CTD crew cab long bed. I tow heavy a lot, a dump trailer, or the Super Air Nautique 226TE. So I need most of everything I build to be removable pretty quickly. The plan is a RTT, water and power systems for weekend or midweek getaways to lakes where we will be using the boat. Sites that allow offshore moring of the boat at the camp sites. Lots of the lakes around our area have campgrounds with ramps. its nice to be here to gain information to see what works best.

mods so far—

Carli Suspension—-3.25 Backcountry with Fox 2.0 resi shocks
35x11.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
airlift 5000 bags in daystar cradles with onboard air.
Some front and rear lighting.

replacing soft tonneau cover with a Renegade Cover with 2000lb top capacity—-on order but 22 weeks out.
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB family.

Tom Cole

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Inventor III

Weatherford, Texas, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cole
Member #

Hey everyone!!

We’re Miranda & Michael from Timmy_TheTundra! We’re currently in the process of building out our 2021 Toyota Tundra to make it overland-capable. So far we have switched out the suspension (BP-51), added a bumper, an antenna and radio system, a snorkel, a custom leaf kit, and we’ve installed a SwitchPro. Next on our list is a down payment on a Four Wheel Camper Flatbed Hawk, then a flatbed, airbags, rear locker, gears, sliders, and rear armor. We’re so excited to eventually meet up with everyone and use this app to its full capability!

Happy travels.

Miranda & Michael

Welcome to OB community. Very nice build and looks like you're set for awesome adventures.

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hello! Not really a new member but this will be my first post, I'm Matt, I have a 2003 Toyota Tacoma and a 1987 Toyota 4runner. My overland build has switched from the 4runner to the tacoma just recently. I'm located in Fresno, CA. I work on the Sierra National forest and spend my free time driving every road I come across to see what's open and what needs to be reopened. I'm a novice overlander but no stranger to wheeling.
Welcome Back!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

JMC74

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Antioch, CA, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Castaneda
Hello everyone, New Member here... My name is Juan and I am completely new to overlanding, have no experience but I am very interested into learning, not too keen to camp overnight, but more I want to visit new places and discover some easy trails for the day.

Rig: 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 (stock for now, but want to lightly modify it)
Experience: None

Visiontrd

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Saint Charles, St. Charles County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Brent
Last Name
LaBonde
Member #

Good morning, I’m Ryan. From the Charleston SC area. New to Overlanding type of camping and travel. Not new to camping, but looking to explore and see other types of things. My rig definitely need to be multi purpose. I’m a building contractor specializing in outdoor spaces, mostly composite deck systems. So My truck is a 2016 Ram 2500 CTD crew cab long bed. I tow heavy a lot, a dump trailer, or the Super Air Nautique 226TE. So I need most of everything I build to be removable pretty quickly. The plan is a RTT, water and power systems for weekend or midweek getaways to lakes where we will be using the boat. Sites that allow offshore moring of the boat at the camp sites. Lots of the lakes around our area have campgrounds with ramps. its nice to be here to gain information to see what works best.

mods so far—

Carli Suspension—-3.25 Backcountry with Fox 2.0 resi shocks
35x11.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
airlift 5000 bags in daystar cradles with onboard air.
Some front and rear lighting.

replacing soft tonneau cover with a Renegade Cover with 2000lb top capacity—-on order but 22 weeks out.
Welcome Ryan. Looking forward to seeing your build take shape

Visiontrd

Rank VII

Trail Blazer I

Saint Charles, St. Charles County, Missouri, United States
First Name
Brent
Last Name
LaBonde
Member #

Hello my name is Bryce and I and very new to over landing and camping as a whole. So far I have camped in Mt. Charleston and Lytle Creek California, both with my amazing and beautiful girlfriend. We are traveling in a new to me 2013 Chevy Silverado with a bed tent. We have built a raised platform for a queen sized bed so we have ample room in the back. We live in Las Vegas and hope to explore all around.
Welcome to overland bound

EnglishSC

Rank II

Contributor II

Ledyard, Connecticut 06339, United States
First Name
Shaileen
Last Name
English
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders. We’re really not new here, joined OB a while back, but are just now starting to get engaged in this community. We are a family of outdoor lovers and currently have a fleet of Jeeps (2017 JK Rubicon, 2019 JL Moab and my personal driver an our main overlanding rig, a 2021JL AEV build) along with my husbands F350. Each of my daughters love their Jeeps and are finally driving themselves around to all of their sports so we now have time to get back out to the hills and backroads exploring. We are mostly looking at casual overlanding with some mildly technical stuff. Truly we are just looking to find some quiet areas (primarily in the Northeast) to explore with our daughters and our Labrador Retrievers.4A673A79-7994-4BF9-997A-09D380450246.jpeg519F8F83-5D0B-4B81-9198-A855F9F0FF24.jpeg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone, New Member here... My name is Juan and I am completely new to overlanding, have no experience but I am very interested into learning, not too keen to camp overnight, but more I want to visit new places and discover some easy trails for the day.

Rig: 2021 GMC Canyon AT4 (stock for now, but want to lightly modify it)
Experience: None
Hello Juan, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello fellow overlanders. We’re really not new here, joined OB a while back, but are just now starting to get engaged in this community. We are a family of outdoor lovers and currently have a fleet of Jeeps (2017 JK Rubicon, 2019 JL Moab and my personal driver an our main overlanding rig, a 2021JL AEV build) along with my husbands F350. Each of my daughters love their Jeeps and are finally driving themselves around to all of their sports so we now have time to get back out to the hills and backroads exploring. We are mostly looking at casual overlanding with some mildly technical stuff. Truly we are just looking to find some quiet areas (primarily in the Northeast) to explore with our daughters and our Labrador Retrievers.View attachment 219587View attachment 219590
Hello Shaileen, welcome to Overland Bound.

Olyller

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

My name is Tyler.

1) Birmingham, AL
2) 100 series Land Cruiser. Recently bought it from my dad who bought it new in 2003.
3) I am new to off roading and I look forward to building up my land cruiser. I am a pretty avid cyclist (mtn & road), so I look forward to building a good camping vehicle that I can drive around the southeast to camp and cycle.

Glad to be apart of OB as it will be a good resource for me to learn from experienced overlanders.
Welcome tksmith21. Take your time & enjoy the building process.