Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

brandon wuchter

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Hello! my name is Brandon. I'm from Kutztown Pennsylvania. OB2838 I drive a 2005 subaru outback and 94 Jeep Cherokee.
I'm a subaru mechanic and fabricator. I hate having to but full price lift kits and bumpers so learn how to build them myself. I'm not super experienced but have definitely spent a lot of time off reading and camping. I'm an avid hunter. I love spending time outdoors and learning more everytime I go. I look forward to meeting many of you and traveling more!

picture won't upload from my phone. I'll try later with my computer
@boostfactory on instagram

Last edited:

Out&About

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi,
My name is Peter. I am from the San Diego area. I am attending community college, working towards a degree.

My experience with overlanding: I had no idea other people were into this sort of lifestyle. Since I was a kid I wanted to make a vehicle I could live out of and travel (close to) anywhere in, though I never quite got the opportunity. The only people I have been exposed to doing this, beyond road trippers, were gypsies or hippy caravans. I know a few rock-crawling types and as awesome as it looks, I'd rather not tow my rig around, but they are a bit obnoxious as commuting (and expensive in tires alone). Then about a month ago, I ran across Ronny Dahl on YouTube. And before I started swearing that the Australians got all the good stuff, I found this group.

I know a little bit about working and making what I need. Working with metal and on mechanic is new to me, so I am learning all I can in my spare time. I love to listen to stories if you got em.

Reactions: Rogue Beardsman

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
Hi,
My name is Peter. I am from the San Diego area. I am attending community college, working towards a degree.

My experience with overlanding: I had no idea other people were into this sort of lifestyle. Since I was a kid I wanted to make a vehicle I could live out of and travel (close to) anywhere in, though I never quite got the opportunity. The only people I have been exposed to doing this, beyond road trippers, were gypsies or hippy caravans. I know a few rock-crawling types and as awesome as it looks, I'd rather not tow my rig around, but they are a bit obnoxious as commuting (and expensive in tires alone). Then about a month ago, I ran across Ronny Dahl on YouTube. And before I started swearing that the Australians got all the good stuff, I found this group.

I know a little bit about working and making what I need. Working with metal and on mechanic is new to me, so I am learning all I can in my spare time. I love to listen to stories if you got em.
Welcome to the group Peter,

Sent from my SM-N910P using OB Talk mobile app

Rob Bunch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bluffton Sc
Member #

I'm Rob, #2750. So Stoked to be a member! Ran across OB on Instagram thought the movement is really cool so joined to meet people to do meet ups.
1) Bluffton, Sc. From the looks of the map there aren't too many of us around here.
2) 2006 LR3. I have a 1/4 rack w ladder, Rhino lift rods and Crawolardo hood blackout so far. Looking to get some Hella lights and all terrain tires soon. My dad passed away 3 mths ago and it was his dream to overland his LR3 but only had it a year before he got sick so he couldn't live his dream so now I'm on the journey to fulfill it!!
My Father worked for Michelin and BFgoodrich so I was able to lean about tires and driving skills. I am proud to say that I have been through Rod Halls off road driving school in Reno. It was truly awesome. Now that I have the right vehicle I am ready to overland! I just need to find some areas to go. Lol again I'm so Stoked!!

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

I'm Rob, #2750. So Stoked to be a member! Ran across OB on Instagram thought the movement is really cool so joined to meet people to do meet ups.
1) Bluffton, Sc. From the looks of the map there aren't too many of us around here.
2) 2006 LR3. I have a 1/4 rack w ladder, Rhino lift rods and Crawolardo hood blackout so far. Looking to get some Hella lights and all terrain tires soon. My dad passed away 3 mths ago and it was his dream to overland his LR3 but only had it a year before he got sick so he couldn't live his dream so now I'm on the journey to fulfill it!!
My Father worked for Michelin and BFgoodrich so I was able to lean about tires and driving skills. I am proud to say that I have been through Rod Halls off road driving school in Reno. It was truly awesome. Now that I have the right vehicle I am ready to overland! I just need to find some areas to go. Lol again I'm so Stoked!!
Hey Rob,

Welcome!!! Great to see another late-model rover on here! Your LR3 is awesome - very nice!

I have a 2013 LR4 and just started to post a thread about my build, check it out at:

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/2013-land-rover-lr4-discovery-4-build-thread.3773/#post-59187

I look forward to chatting with you further!

Regards, David

Reactions: Rob Bunch

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

Welcome to the forum, Rob. Sorry to hear about your dad. There's a lot of great info here so dig in and have fun. Sweet LR3!

Reactions: Rob Bunch

Sunnydog

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bellingham WA
Member #

Hi y'all , I'm Ivan ,my wife,Rebecca and our3 kids Gallagher,Sawyer and Leland,live in northern Washington,Bellingham, we drive a 99 eurovan (The Tortuga) ,and while we are overland novices ,we do like to take to the forest and desert tracks regularly ,we've upgraded and outfitted the Tortuga so we can be off grid and totally solar dependable. our goal is to teach our kids to be as comfortable out in the boondocks as they are at home and to have fun doing it.

Rob Bunch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bluffton Sc
Member #

I was wondering about the member map. I see yellow pin point meaning members? What do the white and black pin points mean?

finlayforprez

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member II

Massachusetts, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Howdy everyone, I'm Levi. I drive a 2012 Toyota FJ TTSE, and I am newish to overlanding. In the next year I plan to complete a not yet started trailer build. I am a disabled vet, married, and have one beautiful daughter.
Welcome, Levi! Thank you for your service! You will find lots of great information here for FJs.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Hi folks, I am Rolf
Location East Anglia/ UK.
Rig: Currently 2012 Jeep Rubicon towing my trailer "The Escape Pod"
Experience: Born and bred in the wilds of Papua New Guinea where Overland was a way of life through the first 20 years of my life. Since then I have mostly been off roading locally to were I live. However the past 2 years, as my 2 sons have got older (6 & 8 now) I have started to stretch my horizons and have been travelling all over the UK enjoying the out doors. Following a particularly cold camp in Yorkshire earlier this year I decided that a trailer would be a better way to go than tents. The basic Escape Pod rolled out of my garage a month later, since then we have created some great memories with friends new and old.
What an amazing story!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolf C-P

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Glengarriff, Cork, Ireland
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

Hello All,

I'm truly excited to be part of this Overland Bound family.

I was born and raised in South Africa (Parys is my town)

My current country for the last decade of residence is the UAE and loving it.

My rig is a 2012 JEEP JK UNLIMITED...

Are there any other Overland Bounders in DUBAI

ECloud89

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Pendleton, IN
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
C
Hey guys! I'm Ethan. I love the outdoors, camping and offroading and this is a great way to join them all. I look forward to making memories with my family for years to come and learning what i need to get started from you guys.

Location - Central Indiana
Rig - 2008 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Experience to overlanding - Novice

Last edited:

Jaydub514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Rangsipat
Member #

Hey guys!

I'm Jason - located in the SoCal area, been a long time lurker but finally decided it was time to join and meet some of you guys and get involved in the community. I'm currently driving a 2016 Toyota 4Runner, and it's my first off road vehicle. I've got a deep history in Japanese performance cars and have been part of the automotive industry for most of my life so while this is a new endeavor for me I'm super excited to absorb all the information I can. My wife and I are looking forward to making new friends in the community and exploring the amazing landscape we have here in the SW region of the country. Anxiously awaiting my badge and official number :)

Definitely a novice, but hopefully that will change soon enough !

Reactions: Rogue Beardsman

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

Hey guys!

I'm Jason - located in the SoCal area, been a long time lurker but finally decided it was time to join and meet some of you guys and get involved in the community. I'm currently driving a 2016 Toyota 4Runner, and it's my first off road vehicle. I've got a deep history in Japanese performance cars and have been part of the automotive industry for most of my life so while this is a new endeavor for me I'm super excited to absorb all the information I can. My wife and I are looking forward to making new friends in the community and exploring the amazing landscape we have here in the SW region of the country. Anxiously awaiting my badge and official number :)

Definitely a novice, but hopefully that will change soon enough !
You came to the right place!

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Seattle206

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Seattle, WA
First Name
robert
Last Name
eng
Member #

IMG_20161113_005417.jpg Hello,

Just joined Overland Bound. My membership package was shipped today so I guess I'll find which member # I will be soon.

Seattle local. Love the outdoors, mostly fishing, camping and outdoor sport shooting. Picked up my 4Runner back in 2014 with no intentions of modifying it, but plans certainly changed. This is my first 4x4 BOF vehicle. I came from a past of driving small sporty sedans and coupes. The Toyota is certainly a lot more fun knowing that I can actually through almost everything and not worry about a little nick or scratch on the wheel or paint.

2014 4Runner SR5 Premium