Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, new member here!

Name: David

Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Frontier SL

Experience: Novice

Expectations: to improve my current rig and get out on those dirt and gravel roads, find some awesome new camp sites, and create lasting memories for my kids!
Hello David, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member, 2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD, based in Lewisville, Texas. Retired. Starting my overlanding adventure March 2022 with the TAT. Thanks.
Welcome to Overland Bound
There are quite a few posts on the forum about the TAT. @armyRN had a trip last year and has lots of lessons learned that might be helpfull.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for accepting me. I am interested in overlanding but I am a complete newbie. I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD that is a 4WD that is only used for the street. I am interested in upgrading and converting it to take off- road. For now I will be reading and listening.
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED @Zombie
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new member here!

Expectations: to improve my current rig and get out on those dirt and gravel roads, find some awesome new camp sites, and create lasting memories for my kids!
Welcome To Overland Bound
You are in the East Region, local information can be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
RESOURCE MAP
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello, new member here!

Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Thank you for accepting me. I am interested in overlanding but I am a complete newbie. I have a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD that is a 4WD that is only used for the street. I am interested in upgrading and converting it to take off- road. For now I will be reading and listening.
Hello Sean, welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

MayaB.

Rank II

Contributor III

Granbury, TX, USA
First Name
Maya
Last Name
Burazer
Member #

Hello to all you wonderful people!
My name is Maya, born and raised in Croatia, enjoying life is TX, USA for the last 10 years.

I drive and camp in my 2017 Nissan Titan SL that has been lifted and rigged with some nice big tires. I have an ARE camper shell outfitted with some cool and useful mods.

My overlanding experience is modest, learning through adventuring is something I look forward to.

I’m excited to be here

Attachments

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Frito

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Casper, Natrona County, Wyoming, United States
First Name
Frito
Last Name
Laies
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7PRE
Service Branch
Navy
Hello All, New member here, live in Wyoming, gonna hopefully be building a Classic Jeep Wagoneer for my next rig, Currently just been using my F250 Superduty to get out. Have been mixing Overlanding and Bushcraft/Woodcraft and having a blast with it. Thanks for the invite and See You out their

Advocate III

Herford, Deutschland
First Name
Orkan
Last Name
Seewald
Member #

Hello All, New member here, live in Wyoming, gonna hopefully be building a Classic Jeep Wagoneer for my next rig, Currently just been using my F250 Superduty to get out. Have been mixing Overlanding and Bushcraft/Woodcraft and having a blast with it. Thanks for the invite and See You out their
Welcome to the OB Forum.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello to all you wonderful people!
My name is Maya, born and raised in Croatia, enjoying life is TX, USA for the last 10 years.

I drive and camp in my 2017 Nissan Titan SL that has been lifted and rigged with some nice big tires. I have an ARE camper shell outfitted with some cool and useful mods.

My overlanding experience is modest, learning through adventuring is something I look forward to.

I’m excited to be here
Hello Maya, welcome to Overland Bound. We are excited you have joined us here. What is your friends name (first pic) ?

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Frito, welcome to Overland Bound.

aaronq

Rank I

Contributor III

Commerce City, CO, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Quinn
Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Colorado!

So short story long…
Started messing around out in the Rocky Mountains back in the early 2000s after I picked up an ‘88 Pathfinder for $1000. Was a great truck, very dependable but also very under powered.

In ‘08 I sold the Pathfinder and bought an ‘03 4Runner and had many great adventures with the family in that truck.

With bad judgment at play, I sold the ‘03 in ‘18 to help fund the purchase of a new car for my wife. We all missed that truck and the fun it and adventure it brought us, so about a month ago I purchased a ’97 4Runner.

We’re excited to get back into the mountains and meet new friends!

I call it my “quarter century old, quarter million mile” tank.
C40951AF-31B2-426A-A4CE-6D728C281BBB.jpeg

I could go on but I’ll stop for now.

Advocate III

Herford, Deutschland
First Name
Orkan
Last Name
Seewald
Member #

Hello from Colorado!

So short story long…
Started messing around out in the Rocky Mountains back in the early 2000s after I picked up an ‘88 Pathfinder for $1000. Was a great truck, very dependable but also very under powered.

In ‘08 I sold the Pathfinder and bought an ‘03 4Runner and had many great adventures with the family in that truck.

With bad judgment at play, I sold the ‘03 in ‘18 to help fund the purchase of a new car for my wife. We all missed that truck and the fun it and adventure it brought us, so about a month ago I purchased a ’97 4Runner.

We’re excited to get back into the mountains and meet new friends!

I call it my “quarter century old, quarter million mile” tank.
View attachment 217425

I could go on but I’ll stop for now.
Hello aaronq, welcome to Overland Bound.