Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, CA, USA
First Name
Joey
Last Name
Treadwell
Member #

Hi all. Jeff Patterson from Orange County, NY.

I have a Jeep and like to go places and sleep in the back of it, prepare a meal in the middle of nowhere while sitting on a folding chair, and taking trips without too much of a real destination in mind.

Have fun and be well!

Welcome!

Reactions: JeffP

mcgrp01

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portland, Oregon
Member #

Hi everybody! My name is Tigg. Hailing from the PNW, I'm completely new to the Overland thing! My wife and I are avid campers and are looking forward to new adventures. Hoping to meet other like-minded people in our area and enjoying the sense of community that Overlanding will bring.

Just got my new rig a couple months ago and decided that rock crawling was a little too "extreme" for us. lol!!

Rig: 2007 Jeep JKU Sahara
Experience: Novice. :)IMG_3898.JPG

Zargon

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hi everybody! My name is Tigg. Hailing from the PNW, I'm completely new to the Overland thing! My wife and I are avid campers and are looking forward to new adventures. Hoping to meet other like-minded people in our area and enjoying the sense of community that Overlanding will bring.

Just got my new rig a couple months ago and decided that rock crawling was a little too "extreme" for us. lol!!

Rig: 2007 Jeep JKU Sahara
Experience: Novice. :)View attachment 12034
Welcome to the forums!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jason Duke

Mike_Akins

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Orlando, FL
Member #

new member, 2578, located in central Florida. i have a 2001 Toyota 4runner w/ winch/bumper, snorkel, sleeping/storage platform. a few other mods, but those are the major ones. I've taken a 3000+ mile trip up to the northeast (USA), and have many more trips planned.

DSC_8226 by Mike, on Flickr

DSC_8258 by Mike, on Flickr

DSC_8269 by Mike, on Flickr

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
View attachment 10993 View attachment 10995

Hello everyone. Joined a few weeks ago but just found this thread......thought I would post up.

1) Sacramento, CA
2) 2016 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR Long Bed
3) Novice overlander here. Looking to learn....and slowly outfit my truck to make my off road outings even more fun, safe and enjoyable whether it be exploring for the day or staying out overnight. Hoping to make some new overlanding friends along the way. Lots of information here so I have a lot of reading to do.

Above are a couple pics from my first two off road exploring outings with my new truck. Having a blast with it so far!! Have a great day everyone.
Welcome to the group! If you have a chance, stop by one of our Weekly Sacramento Meet-ups! https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello
I'm Charlie from Texas
Member number 2880
I have been over landing in some fashion my whole life I currently have a 1997 wrangler I have owned since it was new and a 2014 BMW r1200 gsa I also built my own adv trailer

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Hi Charlie! Welcome! Two nice looking setups!

Reactions: Jason Duke

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello from Eastern Canada

I just recently became a member, so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Mike and I'm located in Ottawa, Ontario. I currently daily drive a 2004 Grand Cherokee with a few little modifications (3" lift, rear locker and some all terrains).

Build Thread: http://ovo.ca/forums/showthread.php?7416-The-BuBBaDuB-Build

I've been part of an offroad group here in Ottawa for several years and very interested in the Overland aspect of offroading.

View attachment 11216
View attachment 11217
Welcome Mike! Always good to get another Grand Cherokee into the fold :-)

Reactions: Overland 505

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I've been wheeling for a while. I grew up in the Phoenix area and did a lot of desert trips but I'm in northern California (Sacramento) now and spend as much time as possible in the Sierras. I own a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Special Edition. Glad to be here!
View attachment 11350
Welcome to OB!!! I grew up in Sacramento and spent a few years in Phoenix :-) If you have a chance, come to one of our Weekly Sacramento Meetups! https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Reactions: Dylan Cave

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello everyone, my name is Scott Vaughn and I am member #2646 from El Dorado Hills,Ca. I finally got my first Jeep, I got a 2017 sport unlimited and couldn't be happier.

My name flyjeep is because I am an avid fly fisherman. Totally addicted to fly fishing, so I got the Jeep so I could do more back country. I can now drive in and not have to hike in all the way. I'll be able to go deeper and further into the backwoods. I love hiking back country and this Jeep will help me not have to start so far out.

My plans are a Gobi rack, some rock slider rails, eventually a 2-1/2" lift and a spare set of 33" wheels. My Jeep is my daily driver so I don't want to run on 33's all the time. Also gonna add a tow bar so I can bring it when I take my RV.

I've been around off road and sand all my life. I learned how to drive in Glamis in my brothers sandrail he built. Now we spend all our camping time either at a lake or on the river.

I look forward to meeting other off roaders. I hope to hit the Rubicon some day since it is about 40 minutes from me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scott,
You've got to show everyone your wreath with the lights, and tell us where to get them.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Jon from Whitehorse Yukon
Current rig is a 99 WJ
Living up north always been outdoorsy novice to intermediate at overlanding View attachment 11966
Thank God you're here Jon! We need all the Grand Cherokees we can get!!!
;-) Welcome!!!

Reactions: cgrimes512

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
My ride right now. DSC_4148.JPG Will be adding a Subaru Outback with a 2" lift in the near future for some longer travels. Planning an adventure form here in SoCal to Alaska taking the Marine Highway back from Skagway back to Prince Rupert. Hope to get as far north as Dawson and over to Glacier Bay. Glad to be part of the group, can not wait to read some of your adventures and post some of mine. Everyone have a great holiday and Merry Christmas.

Bluefox

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chino Hills
Member #

My ride right now. View attachment 12093 Will be adding a Subaru Outback with a 2" lift in the near future for some longer travels. Planning an adventure form here in SoCal to Alaska taking the Marine Highway back from Skagway back to Prince Rupert. Hope to get as far north as Dawson and over to Glacier Bay. Glad to be part of the group, can not wait to read some of your adventures and post some of mine. Everyone have a great holiday and Merry Christmas.
Welcome to the group! Sounds like an awesome trip you got planned soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app

Rolf C-P

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK
Member #

Hi folks, I am Rolf
Location East Anglia/ UK.
Rig: Currently 2012 Jeep Rubicon towing my trailer "The Escape Pod"
Experience: Born and bred in the wilds of Papua New Guinea where Overland was a way of life through the first 20 years of my life. Since then I have mostly been off roading locally to were I live. However the past 2 years, as my 2 sons have got older (6 & 8 now) I have started to stretch my horizons and have been travelling all over the UK enjoying the out doors. Following a particularly cold camp in Yorkshire earlier this year I decided that a trailer would be a better way to go than tents. The basic Escape Pod rolled out of my garage a month later, since then we have created some great memories with friends new and old.