First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey guys,

My name is Garrett Robbins and I am excited to get into overlanding. I live in Ellenboro, NC which gives me close access to many good trails in the area. I have a strong background in hiking/camping, offroad trail riding (dirtbikes, four-wheelers, SXS), raced harescrambles for 10+ years, mountain biking all over western NC, as well as hiking and camping many popular and not-so-popular spots in western NC. I am recently married from October 9, and am looking forward to sharing the experiences with my wife Sydney, and my dad, David. We are all three very much in love with nature, exploration, and my dad and I take up photography and videography in our free time. Overlanding seems to be all of my favorite things combined in one.

I have most of the fundamental camping items for basic survival, but overlanding in a vehicle will be completely new to me. Any tips, recommendations, trail/route suggestions, or general gear suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

It’s not about the destination, it’s about the ride! We are looking forward to exploring more of our home state, and eventually doing some road trips up north and out west to experience all new landscapes. Can’t wait to join this community and meet lots of new friends along the way!

RIG: I recently purchased a 2019 Tacoma TRD 4x4 offroad (pictured) and will be picking up my RTT and bed rack on Saturday (pictured as well). View attachment 217174View attachment 217176View attachment 217177View attachment 217178
Greetings Garrett and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone! Glad to be a part of this community!

Rig: 2002 Mitsubishi Montero
Completely new to overlanding but I love exploring new places and hope to meet a lot of you guys! Building my Montero lightly to be able to go to some beautiful places as I’m a photographer and love capturing new locations. Picture coming soon!
Greetings Lucas and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R and Loocuz

Mamalloy

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Tan Valley, Pinal County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Malloy Sr.
Member #

Hello everyone! Happy to be a member finally.

Rig: 2013 Chevy Silverado
Experience: Long time outdoorsman, camper & hunter. Stumbled across overlanding looking for camping gear a few years back and have been hooked since. Rig is a work in progress.
Hello Michael
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound
Thanks Rich, I appreciate the info. Look forward to meeting more of the OB members in my area.

DaPyrate

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Hamilton, Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Gill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8PBK
Service Branch
U.S. Army Veteran
Hello All I just signed up! Looking forward to get into overlanding, starting to mod my Outback to start a few trips in the spring. Can't wait to share ideas and meet a few members on the open road.

Rig: Subaru Outback Wilderness
Welcome Ken

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Ken (@apoOverlanding ) welcome from Oklahoma.
You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had some meet ups in DFW so keep an eye out for future meet ups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

There is an active meet up down in Round Rock hosted by @Roots66 who is the Texas SW Region Member Rep. I am also a SW Region Member Rep so feel free to hit either of us up if you have any questions.

Lippmoney

Rank 0

Contributor I

Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Lippmann
Ryan Lippmann
DTLA, CA

Rigs:

04 Discovery
01 Jeep XJ
15 GMC Sierra

Been off-roading since '93 primarily throughout northern CA / Tahoe area.

Looking forward to meeting new people and tackling new adventures wherever we may roam...

Attachments

apoOverlanding

Rank II

Contributor III

Dallas, TX, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Aponte
Member #

Hello Ken (@apoOverlanding ) welcome from Oklahoma.
You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have had some meet ups in DFW so keep an eye out for future meet ups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

There is an active meet up down in Round Rock hosted by @Roots66 who is the Texas SW Region Member Rep. I am also a SW Region Member Rep so feel free to hit either of us up if you have any questions.
PreRunner you read my mind, thanks for the info.

See ya at one of the meetups!

Ken

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello. New member here! I’ve seen a lot of overland bound badges and I thought to myself let’s join in on the fun
Hello. New member here! I’ve seen a lot of overland bound badges and I thought to myself let’s join in on the fun
Hello Ben
Welcome to the Overland Bound community

My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona

Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

People here should know your outstanding abilities turning a wrench. You are in my opinion at the top of the game. You installed my Long Range America auxiliary tank, Dura bump stops,Treaty Oak spacers, Icon HD springs and new Trac bar. I am so excited to see you here.
Welcome!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R