Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello fellow Overbound Members!
I’m excited to be a new member of the community!
I’m located in San Diego, CA.
My rig is a 05 Toyota Tundra which I call Picante. I’m the original owner and spent the last year turning her into a proper overland vehicle. I gave her a fresh coat of paint, upgraded her suspension with Bilstien shocks, put on new wheels, and built out the camper. I just got back from taking her on her maiden voyage since the makeover. We traveled through the back country of Northern and Central Arizona.
I’m no stranger to overlanding, although we called it off-roading back in the day. Me and my buddies spent a lot of time traveling in Baja California looking for secluded surf spots.
If you are traveling the back country of the American West and happen to spot a deep red 1st gen Tundra driven by a guy wearing a western style hat… feel free to come over and say hello.
Hello Phil, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

Woodstock, Vermont, United States
First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Michael from the California San Joaquin valley. 2008 Jeep JK Unlimited on 37's that we've rock crawled in California and Moab. Time to dial it back and do some easier trails and just enjoy the scenery.
Welcome aboard Michael! There are tons and tons of opportunities out there for scenic drives! Can't wait to see what you find in your journeys.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all, hope all is well and turkey day is going awesome. I finally sat down, down loaded the app and trying to figure it all out.
Rig: 2012 Chevy Silverado
History: Grew up in Wyoming hunting and fishing. 21 yr Airforce Doghandler Vet. Haven't be out exploring CA since moving out here 2 yrs ago.
Anyway. Thanks for the invite and the opportunity to get out of the house...
Hello Jim, welcome to Overland Bound, Thank you for your service.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all.
Happy Thanksgiving,I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family!
Just a quick introduction,my name is Dave and I am from Edmond,OK.
My name wife and I like to travel and explore in our 2018 JK Rubicon Recon.
We have been involved in the offroad community for a few years and have had many great trips around the midwest.
In years past I have been primarily into trail riding and rock crawling in my 1991 YJ Wrangler that I have built and upgraded over the years.
Nowadays though we are looking to do more long travel exploration and adventuring so to compliment our Rubicon I am currently building and adventure trailer that we can take along on our journeys.
I am excited to have discovered this community and I look forward to meeting like minded adventurous people!
Hello Dave, welcome to Overland Bound.

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

I’m excited to be new to the community! Our family has been off-roading for a few years, but have recently gotten into overlanding with our 1967 m416 military trailer. I can’t wait to get involved!
Welcome aboard Jason! That is one sweet setup you have there! The forums are bursting with information, especially when it comes to overlanding with a trailer. Can't wait to see more from your journeys!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Michael from the California San Joaquin valley. 2008 Jeep JK Unlimited on 37's that we've rock crawled in California and Moab. Time to dial it back and do some easier trails and just enjoy the scenery.
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There are two meet-ups near your that can be found on the map.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all.
We have been involved in the offroad community for a few years and have had many great trips around the midwest.
In years past I have been primarily into trail riding and rock crawling in my 1991 YJ Wrangler that I have built and upgraded over the years.
Nowadays though we are looking to do more long travel exploration and adventuring so to compliment our Rubicon I am currently building and adventure trailer that we can take along on our journeys.
I am excited to have discovered this community and I look forward to meeting like minded adventurous people!
Welcome to Overland Bound Dave
Have fun with the trailer build, they are a game changer.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, hope all is well and turkey day is going awesome. I finally sat down, down loaded the app and trying to figure it all out.
Rig: 2012 Chevy Silverado
History: Grew up in Wyoming hunting and fishing. 21 yr Airforce Doghandler Vet. Haven't be out exploring CA since moving out here 2 yrs ago.
Anyway. Thanks for the invite and the opportunity to get out of the house...
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Morgan, and I’m new here. Haha

I drive a 16’ Chevy Colorado. Just started mods on it. I built the roof rack and am in the process of building a rooftop tent. Needless to say at this point, I like building stuff.
Welcome to Overland Bound Morgan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
RESOURCE MAP

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello all.
Hi Dave! Welcome from Tulsa
@Prerunner1982 and I are your closest SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m excited to be new to the community! Our family has been off-roading for a few years, but have recently gotten into overlanding with our 1967 m416 military trailer. I can’t wait to get involved!
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: Dino2dogs and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow Overbound Members!
I’m excited to be a new member of the community!
I’m located in San Diego, CA.
My rig is a 05 Toyota Tundra which I call Picante. I’m the original owner and spent the last year turning her into a proper overland vehicle. I gave her a fresh coat of paint, upgraded her suspension with Bilstien shocks, put on new wheels, and built out the camper. I just got back from taking her on her maiden voyage since the makeover. We traveled through the back country of Northern and Central Arizona.
I’m no stranger to overlanding, although we called it off-roading back in the day. Me and my buddies spent a lot of time traveling in Baja California looking for secluded surf spots.
If you are traveling the back country of the American West and happen to spot a deep red 1st gen Tundra driven by a guy wearing a western style hat… feel free to come over and say hello.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Turlock CA there is a meet up on the first Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active.
This is the regular meet up info. @Motomikeca and @beck4u are a great resource to be in touch with!
US West - Central Valley-Turlock Monthly Meetup

Ursa Major

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Gunnar
Last Name
Nourse
Member #

Hello, my name is Morgan, and I’m new here. Haha

I drive a 16’ Chevy Colorado. Just started mods on it. I built the roof rack and am in the process of building a rooftop tent. Needless to say at this point, I like building stuff.
Welcome aboard Morgan! There are plenty, and I mean PLENTY, of DIYers here and on the forums willing to help with ideas and troubleshooting for future projects. I know I can't wait to see what you come up with!

rav4roaming

Rank III

Advocate III

Denver, Colorado, United States
First Name
Candice
Last Name
Engel
Member #

Hi! I'm Candice, recently relocated in Colorado (my native state) after being in California for 20+ years. I'm a rookie at overlanding and looking to learn about possible vehicle mods for my 2019 RAV4 Limited, and/or if mods are even necessary. I look forward to participating in a community where I can meet like minded people while enjoying the outdoors, each other or our vehicles. I used to camp with my dad a lot as a kid but have not gone camping much as an adult, so I'm hoping to get that spark for the joy of camping again. I think facing mother nature builds character and confidence. If you have any recommendations in Colorado for newbies like me in vehicles like mine, please do let me know! I'm looking forward to scenic drives, camping, hiking and learning about my vehicle and driving off-road skills!

Attachments