Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is Jarrett and I live on the eastern shore of Maryland, near Ocean City. I have been following overlanding for a few years and when I got my license last year, I jumped in head first!

My current rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport (aka the Silver Slug)

Mod List:
  1. 275/75/r17 General Grabbers
  2. 1.5" Supreme Suspensions wheel spacers
  3. 2.5" Supreme Suspensions strut spacer lift in the front
  4. Torch 2" add-a-leaf in the rear
  5. OV Valley Runner tune
  6. 3" MBRP XP series exhaust
  7. Hooke Road bed rack
  8. Plano 42" Cases on bed rack (2)
  9. X-Bull recovery boards and shovel mounted on bed rack
Welcome To Overland Bound Jarrett
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

New member (Nick) from West Lafayette, IN

2018 Tacoma

Being stuck in Indiana looking to explore Michigan and Appalachia
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

AJ. Adventures

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Dycke
Member #

Service Branch
Canadian Veteran
Hey everyone,
I’m Aaron, out of Edmonton, Alberta. I’ve been mountaineering and off-roading for a few years, finally making the transition to Overlanding. Started a couple years ago and really loving it! Started making videos of my journeys and build.

My ride is a 2016 Jeep JKU Sahara. I’ve upgraded to air actuated sway bar, Smittybilt bumpers, roof rack, winch, rugged ridge snorkel, 3”lift, 35” tires. And more. Built my bed and kitchen in the back.

Attachments

Tango Tiger

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Hey everyone,
I’m Aaron, out of Edmonton, Alberta. I’ve been mountaineering and off-roading for a few years, finally making the transition to Overlanding. Started a couple years ago and really loving it! Started making videos of my journeys and build.

My ride is a 2016 Jeep JKU Sahara. I’ve upgraded to air actuated sway bar, Smittybilt bumpers, roof rack, winch, rugged ridge snorkel, 3”lift, 35” tires. And more. Built my bed and kitchen in the back.
Welcome to OB.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone,

Hello Aaron, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I’m excited to be a part of this community, and look forward to meeting some of you at future events, or just in passing.

I’ve been a 4x4 guy since early in my Navy career (subs), as well as an avid backpacker, but as my body gets older, the overlanding adventures look more and more attractive.
My current rig is a pretty stock 3.6 2011 WK2 Overland, which is my 7th GC, and my third 2011 Ovi. I have built a few, and not built a few. I think my plan is to have some fun with this one, though.
I live in Southern California and work in SD. Originally from Boston (go B’s!), stationed everywhere that we have subs, and have taken the subway around the world on several different tracks. Now I would like to do that with the normal earthling side of the planet - the land.

Again, I’m excited to be a part, learn some new knowledge, or perhaps share some of my own.
Cheers!
Christopher

(My trail partner in crime is a GSD rescue)
Greetings Christopher and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone,

I'm Jesse, and I live in Portland, Maine, USA. Currently I drive a 2016 Ford Escape 2.0L but am hoping to pick up a '21 Tacoma next month. I would say I'm somewhere between the advanced beginner and competent level with overlanding. It's been over 8 years since I last did any off-roading style adventures. I'm planning next year to build a teardrop trailer to have a more timely camp setup.

I've been meandering the forums for a while, and thought I'd join in occasionally on them. Some great discussions, and many different folks which I love.

Here's a photo, and I'll try to get one after I trade in the Escape. During the non-snowy months my car almost permanently wears a canoe or kayaks as a hat.

View attachment 214384View attachment 214386View attachment 214385
Greetings Jesse and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service! I love your trunk organization!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi Everyone, Recently joined with a 2010 FJ Cruiser that's of mods most of which I forget, must be an age thing! North Coastal San Diego County/central Arizona. Looking forward to getting to know like minded people.
Greetings Kevin and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Thank you all for the welcoming & I am a newbie to the overland life but i am ready to roam & get lost & find something new where ever i may end up. Slowly getting my rig set up but i will still take short trips when i can.
Rig is a new to me 2017 JKU.
Greetings Shannon and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Sec1127 and Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Everyone

My name is Stephen but everyone refers to me as Bodie or Bo. I'm located near the Adirondacks in New York. Last year around this time I picked up a 2021 Toyota 4 Runner Venture Special Edition. Little did I know that this vehicle was going to change the way I look at the outdoors. I graduated from grad school in May and moved in with my best friend Liz. So far we have camped a few places in the Adirondacks, places around upstate NY, and Acadia National Park. I am an admin for 518 Yotas on Facebook. It's a group that was started for Toyota Folks to go camping, do trail rides (Tread lightly), and have fun.

Currently, the 4runner sits mostly stock. Between the pandemic and saving up, I decided to save for the whole year before outfitting the truck.
I do have a Midland MXT 275 GMRS radio installed - Call sign - WRKJ700.

As for plans to outfit the 4runner - next purchase will be recovery gear, then tires/suspension, and lastly a bumper ( not sure if I want to do both front and rear or just front)

I'm looking forward to learning and growing with this community and meeting some awesome people.

Thanks
Bo

View attachment 214472
Greetings Bo and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New here been doing some of this for years. we called it off-roading or wheeling. got a 2017 F250 and just ordered a cab hi shell. We enjoy all kinds of outdoor stuff from mtn biking, dirtbikes, hunting, fishing, canoeing and backpacking. We have had a couple different campers in the past and really enjoyed that but, are now wanting something a little simpler. So been looking at different drawer/platform setups. Great site for conjuring up ideas for sure.
Greetings John and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Evening all new to the community. Living and working in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Have been building my Ford F-150 2015 over the past five years. It’s gone through a few versions and have finally settled in stealth camping in the truck bed since having it fitted with a SnugPro shell.
Greetings Geraint and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone, thanks for letting me join the community. New guy in New Mexico, using my 2014 tundra crewmax. Lots of experience in the outdoors but just getting into Overlanding. Also love motorcycle camping off my 2014 bmw r 1200 gs. Two wheels or four, I just appreciate being out and off of pavement. Looking forward to the group, thanks!
-Ivan
Greetings Ivan and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I have been "overlanding" for years, just never knew there was a name for it. I started with a love for camping(doing 1/2 of the App trail one summer right after college).

Rigs: Nasty places and in a tent - 2005 Jeep Wrangler, 3 inch lift on 33's. Overlanding - 2018 Chevy Silverado Z71(ARE extended height topper and decked system)
Experience: Decent, but probably far behind you guys. MOAB, and the 5 UTAH national Parks, Mount Rainier and Cascades, and quite a few locales in the GA, SC, NC, and TN area.

I found this place when searching for ideas for my daily driver Silverado, which gets most of my long trips. My Jeep is more of a 4 wheeling fun toy vehicle that gets used close to home until it gets cold or doing more of a camping trip with friends.

Gear: RockPals 500W inverter, and two folding solar panels, a couple of small 300W(296) inverters. ICECO (danfoss or SECOP compressor). I can move these back and forth between vehicles. My problem as my work has a lowish parking deck is that I cannot install a rack on my topper and still fit, so my rack will go over the cab of the truck, I will permanently install a rigid solar panel on the center and route to the cab to charge my inverters. Have a dual battery in my Jeep(winch) but will probably not go that route on my Silverado.

Anyway great to be here, I love to learn.
Hello Christopher and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all. Just became a member!

2016 4 Runner. Located in Western NY.

I'm more about exploring and camping than rock crawling.

Looking forward to some adventures in Moose River, NY and North Western PA (Bald Eagle, ect.) to start.
Greetings Andrew and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone, my name is Jarrett and I live on the eastern shore of Maryland, near Ocean City. I have been following overlanding for a few years and when I got my license last year, I jumped in head first!

My current rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport (aka the Silver Slug)

Mod List:
  1. 275/75/r17 General Grabbers
  2. 1.5" Supreme Suspensions wheel spacers
  3. 2.5" Supreme Suspensions strut spacer lift in the front
  4. Torch 2" add-a-leaf in the rear
  5. OV Valley Runner tune
  6. 3" MBRP XP series exhaust
  7. Hooke Road bed rack
  8. Plano 42" Cases on bed rack (2)
  9. X-Bull recovery boards and shovel mounted on bed rack
Greetings Jarrett and welcome to Overland Bound!