First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone, my name is Gianluca.

I'm originally from Costa Rica, I spend most of my time between San Jose, CR, and Florida, where I work. So, I kind of split my year going back and forth!

Here's a picture of my rig back in CR, where off road trails are some of the best.

I own a Nissan Armada Y61, or Patrol, 2005. It's slowly coming around, nice little project. Feel free to ask any questions about it.

I'd say I'm Intermediate. I've got some experience overlanding, and I've done some nice trips around California, Arizona, Utah, Costa Rica, and luckily New Zealand and Australia. Not exactly an expert as none of these have been the toughest trails, trips or situations, but I've been around!

View attachment 214757
Greetings Gianluca and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey everyone,
I’m Aaron, out of Edmonton, Alberta. I’ve been mountaineering and off-roading for a few years, finally making the transition to Overlanding. Started a couple years ago and really loving it! Started making videos of my journeys and build.

My ride is a 2016 Jeep JKU Sahara. I’ve upgraded to air actuated sway bar, Smittybilt bumpers, roof rack, winch, rugged ridge snorkel, 3”lift, 35” tires. And more. Built my bed and kitchen in the back.
Greetings Aaron and welcome to Overland Bound!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hey everyone, thanks for letting me join the community. New guy in New Mexico, using my 2014 tundra crewmax. Lots of experience in the outdoors but just getting into Overlanding. Also love motorcycle camping off my 2014 bmw r 1200 gs. Two wheels or four, I just appreciate being out and off of pavement. Looking forward to the group, thanks!
-Ivan
Welcome and thanks for serving our country.

CmHarper50

Rank II

Contributor III

Renton, King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Chloe
Last Name
Harper
Member #

Hello! My name is Chloe, I’m from the Pacific Northwest (the Seattle area). And I have a 1992 FJ80 Land cruiser! I don’t have much experience over landing yet as I just got my license but have had a passion for cars as long as I could remember. I got my Land cruiser from my parents, who bought it as a snow rig for the winter. Ever since then (about 4 years now) I’ve been learning and building my truck for what I want to do, which is over landing! I’ve got big plans for this beauty, but here’s what I’ve done to her so far! I bought an ARB deluxe bull bar that has a Smittybilt X2O 10k winch and Hella LEDs mounted to it. Ive also got aftermarket tail lights, and a new set of headlights on the way along with a snorkel. Other than that I’ve been fixing all the issues that come with a 30 year old classic. I plan to V8 swap her with my Dad in the near future, along with further outfitting and suspension/brake upgrades too. (And yes, i put the fair lead on in the two pics with the winch on, I surprised my Dad by getting the winch on and didn’t have time to put it on lol)

Attachments

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

I've been lurking for a while. I had Forester but recently traded it in for an Outback Wilderness that the dealer had installed K02's. Quick Google search and I found Prairie City SRVA here in NorCal. I figured a controlled environment and having others arround incase I did something stupid wasn't a bad idea. What a blast! I asked the Park Ranger for a map and general idea of how things worked. I'm an off road noob and he was very skeptical about my vehicle, much less med lol. He made sure to emphasize how muddy it was. I had no issues. They were having a Bronco Experience event so I kind of followed them around for a bit I watched others to figure what lines to take and not take. Guy almost rolled his truck. Pulled out a Toyota as 2 Jeeps watched. I wasn't anymore confident than they were but I was there and hooked up by the time they got there. Meet a guy named Chris. He had an AWD Ford and turns out we were watching each other with the if he can I can thing happening. Sorry for the longish post, just excited and need somebody to talk to. Wife is mad because I ordered some Primitive Racing skid plates :) View attachment 214728
Welcome and thanks for your service

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hello! My name is Chloe, I’m from the Pacific Northwest (the Seattle area). And I have a 1992 FJ80 Land cruiser! I don’t have much experience over landing yet as I just got my license but have had a passion for cars as long as I could remember. I got my Land cruiser from my parents, who bought it as a snow rig for the winter. Ever since then (about 4 years now) I’ve been learning and building my truck for what I want to do, which is over landing! I’ve got big plans for this beauty, but here’s what I’ve done to her so far! I bought an ARB deluxe bull bar that has a Smittybilt X2O 10k winch and Hella LEDs mounted to it. Ive also got aftermarket tail lights, and a new set of headlights on the way along with a snorkel. Other than that I’ve been fixing all the issues that come with a 30 year old classic. I plan to V8 swap her with my Dad in the near future, along with further outfitting and suspension/brake upgrades too. (And yes, i put the fair lead on in the two pics with the winch on, I surprised my Dad by getting the winch on and didn’t have time to put it on lol)
Welcome to OB!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings Chloe and welcome to Overland Bound! Hello from a fellow PNW'er!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Chloe, welcome to the OB family.

Mags21

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Johnstown, Cambria County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Mangus
Member #

Service Branch
USAF, & USA
Hi all. Names, Mags21. From Western Pa. Impatiently awaiting 2022 4Runner PRO I "ordered" 3 months ago. Coming from a backpacking, hiking, camping background. I'm now retired and focusing on travel. This seems like just the thing for me.

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone,
I’m Aaron, out of Edmonton, Alberta. I’ve been mountaineering and off-roading for a few years, finally making the transition to Overlanding. Started a couple years ago and really loving it! Started making videos of my journeys and build.

My ride is a 2016 Jeep JKU Sahara. I’ve upgraded to air actuated sway bar, Smittybilt bumpers, roof rack, winch, rugged ridge snorkel, 3”lift, 35” tires. And more. Built my bed and kitchen in the back.
Hello Aaron, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Chloe, welcome to Overland Bound.

Bsteg7

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Hughson, CA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Stegmann
Member #

Bsteg7 here from Northern California. Avid overlander/explorer into abandoned mines, mills, ghost towns and other very cool remote stuff. Third build and current rig is a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel. Looking to explore more remote locations in and around the Mother Lode, DVNP, Mojave, Joshua Tree, Eastern Sierra, Nevada, Arizona.

IMG_1396.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Bsteg7 here from Northern California. Avid overlander/explorer into abandoned mines, mills, ghost towns and other very cool remote stuff. Third build and current rig is a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel. Looking to explore more remote locations in and around the Mother Lode, DVNP, Mojave, Joshua Tree, Eastern Sierra, Nevada, Arizona.

View attachment 214876
Hello Brad, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 214876
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave Central Valley (Clovis) @TOMB
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
There is a local meet-up you might be interested in;
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. Names, Mags21. From Western Pa. Impatiently awaiting 2022 4Runner PRO I "ordered" 3 months ago. Coming from a backpacking, hiking, camping background. I'm now retired and focusing on travel. This seems like just the thing for me.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Chloe
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The Regional Director in your area is @M Rose

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

Welcome to Overland Bound Aaron
You can use the member map to find other members and events in your area.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Regional Director too your area is @Neal A. Tew

Reactions: Shahn

AKBEAR63

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Centreville, VA
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Stroud
Holler! Just joining the awesome OL crew. Located in the Northern Virginia area... Rollin' in my 2018 Toyota Tacoma. I'd say I am somewhat of a newbie in the skillset but very advanced in mind :-D
Most if not all of my offroading has been beach access. I am looking to expand into more mountainesque areas to further reach landscape and wildlife photography.
I travel w/ my partner- Kayak... black lab companion

Attachments