Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
New here from Wexford, PA (just North of Pittsburgh).
Vehicle: 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Experience: Novice Overlander

Hoping to help encourage identification of more offload and overland routes in and near SW PA.
Welcome David and I can wait to see what you can uncover in SW PA!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Hello fellow Overland Bound members!
My name is Jason Brown and I am from Red Deer, Alberta.
My primary vehicle is my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
I am also working on outfitting my 2019 Ram Warlock for adventure as well.
I camp or travel almost every weekend and weekday if work permits.
I am also one of the founders of the Alberta Outdoor Adventure Expo with my fellow OB member Dave from Blindman Overland.
I look forward to joining in on adventures and meeting some of you.
View attachment 213734
Welcome Jason Awesome rig!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Rig: 2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave (lightly modified)
Overland Experience: Novice
Camping Experience: Moderate

Love to explore and to be out in nature. Looking for common ground with other adventurers. 2 wheel - mountain bike/motorcycle. 4 wheel - Using my Jeep to get to unique and serene places.

Darren S.
Hello Darren, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello fellow Overland Bound members!
My name is Jason Brown and I am from Red Deer, Alberta.
My primary vehicle is my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.
I am also working on outfitting my 2019 Ram Warlock for adventure as well.
I camp or travel almost every weekend and weekday if work permits.
I am also one of the founders of the Alberta Outdoor Adventure Expo with my fellow OB member Dave from Blindman Overland.
I look forward to joining in on adventures and meeting some of you.
View attachment 213734
Hello Jason, welcome to Overland Bound.

JoeyG

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Joey
Last Name
Genitempo
Hi, my name is Joey and I found this because I was checking out my neighbors overland build of his Subaru Outback.

I’m in Studio City, Ca.
I have a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S
I have been running trails for years in Angeles Forest and the Mojave desert. Mostly in old 1st gen Durangos.

I’m looking forward to building out my Cayenne and hitting the trails.

LR Markus

Rank II

Contributor III

Lower Saxony, Germany
First Name
Markus
Last Name
Hagen
Member #

Hello Overland Bound Members,

my Name is Markus Hagen. I am located in the middle of Germany and plan to travel all over Europe. My experience so far is on shorter trips to the woods around my hometown and on vacations with my three daughters. We go on trips together mostly to Denmark to ride our Kite Buggies on the beaches. Therefor a 4x4 comes in handy to drag a trailer onto the beach.

I have a faible for Land Rover Defenders. I happen to own 4 of them. My excuse is that we have three girls and they should have their cars, too.

I learned to love camping and campfires since I travel a lot for business reasons and hotel stays are of no value to me anymore. Thank goodness I was able to convince my girls, but sadly my wife has not participated yet.

I am develop an INSTAGRAM account with pictures of my and other peoples cars - mainly Defenders: @landroverdefender007

I am looking forward to meeting other overlanders in Europe and I hope that this community will grow strongly in Europe so that we get good networking-effects like you guys in the US.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi, my name is Joey and I found this because I was checking out my neighbors overland build of his Subaru Outback.

I’m in Studio City, Ca.
I have a 2011 Porsche Cayenne S
I have been running trails for years in Angeles Forest and the Mojave desert. Mostly in old 1st gen Durangos.

I’m looking forward to building out my Cayenne and hitting the trails.
Hello Joey, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

my Name is Markus Hagen. I am located in the middle of Germany and plan to travel all over Europe. My experience so far is on shorter trips to the woods around my hometown and on vacations with my three daughters. We go on trips together mostly to Denmark to ride our Kite Buggies on the beaches. Therefor a 4x4 comes in handy to drag a trailer onto the beach.

I have a faible for Land Rover Defenders. I happen to own 4 of them. My excuse is that we have three girls and they should have their cars, too.

I learned to love camping and campfires since I travel a lot for business reasons and hotel stays are of no value to me anymore. Thank goodness I was able to convince my girls, but sadly my wife has not participated yet.

I am develop an INSTAGRAM account with pictures of my and other peoples cars - mainly Defenders: @landroverdefender007

I am looking forward to meeting other overlanders in Europe and I hope that this community will grow strongly in Europe so that we get good networking-effects like you guys in the US.
Hello Markus, welcome to Overland Bound.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Hi Markus,

Also here: welcome to Overland Bound. Was nice to meet you at Abenteuer Allrad expo and I am happy that you joined our campfire there.

Here in the forum you will find plenty of good information about overlanding. Please check also the Rally Points and join us on one of the next meetups again if you like.

In case you have any questions please let me know. Always happy to help.

Cheers, Björn

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hej y'all. I am so stoked to be a member of such a great community. My plans for the upcoming year are to meet as many overland outdoor enthusiasts here in northern Europe especially northern Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

I am 31 years old and a future PE high school teacher, part-time paramedic, swift water rescue technician, and rooftop rent company owner. I am currently driving a 2007 Volvo XC70 cause I think that's the perfect mix of city and adventure car.

Every hour spend in the outdoors is just like a vacation for the soul. Some friends and I are building solid connections and trying to explore the region.

Even though many of you are familiar with the legal situation in Germany. Most of the forest roads are private property with makes it pretty hard and exhausting to explore without getting into discussions. For sure, we have to respect the land of others, and sometimes people are pretty open-minded to permit legal passage.

I hope for a great sharing of gear, tips, and for new adventures to come.

Hook me up when you are around.

Stay safe and open-minded

Thore

#treatmothernaturewithrespect
Hello Thore,

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Iam sorry I reacted late, but being on the road last week to Bad Kissingen did make it a bit difficult to react.
So, I hope you can forgive me.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Markus,

It was great to meet up with you at Bad Kissingen and having a good chat around the campfire.
Hope to see you soon on a trip or event. Just watch the Rally Points and maybe you like to join one.

Welcome to the Forum, but most of all welcome to the community.

If I can help with questions, and providing info I am happy to do so.

Just go to the Europe section of this forum to find more specific info about Europe.

You will find nearly everything on the forum in generall about Overlanding. So just dive in and have fun.

Join us also in the whatsapp group for Mid Europe and our Facebook page.

Facebook Groups

Europe Overland Bound

Enjoy your stay here and I hope to see you somewhere out on a track/event.

Greetings from Robert

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hello everyone,

North Carolina Fort Bragg Area

1992 FJ80 1HDT
2018 4Runner

Just started getting into overlanding while in Colorado. Looking to get move involved and increase the rigs capability.
Hello and welcome from Atlanta… learn, grow, share… get out there..

Eric42

Rank 0

Contributor I

Moorhead, Clay County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Fanning
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you! Hi I'm Eric I've got a 99 jeep xj that I'm going to turn into my overland vehicle, I also have a 79 international scout ii but I'm not going to start cutting into it just yet. I grew up in Colorado and have been 4 wheeling my whole life but just recently discovered overlanding I have a lot to learn about how to outfit my rig

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Reactions: Kent R

ClaytonS

Rank II

Member I

Griswold, Pottawattamie County, Iowa, United States
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Sheeder
Member #

Good morning, I am from south west Iowa, New to overlanding. Just went to Rendezvous in the Ozarks put on by Natural State Overland. I am planning on going to the MOORE expo in April. Currently I am in a Jeep Liberty Renegade, I have a 92 Bronco that I am considering building.

Attachments