Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you very much and can’t wait to go and explore this great country with you guys and since I’m doing the van life let’s meet up
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel. @Magic Mike and @Kelly are our full time Member Representatives
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m a nomad now, with a FL address, but will always be from NY (not the city!) Love my 2013 JKU and looking forward to spending a whole lot more time with it. New to overlanding - new to camping generally - but I’m a quick study (or an absolute idiot) and went full-time right away. I’m writing from the Overland Expo East right now - it’s been a fun adventure so far!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
“Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Full-time & Long Term Overland Travel. Our full time Member Representatives are @Magic Mike and @Kelly. Mike is at Expo east and is usually at the Boss Strongbox booth, drop by and say hi the him and his wife Deb.
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
Mailyn (pronounced MyLin) here from NE Florida. New to overlanding, but excited to get going and see more of the country's backroads and best kept secrets. Originally from the PNW and love the outdoors. My rig is a 2016 GX460 with a few mods, but looking to make it ready for adventures. I look forward to meeting more overlanders and members!
Welcome To Overland Bound Mailyn
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Robert and I am located in NE Florida just south of Jacksonville. I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ (not running) and a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ (running) that is my primary overland rig. I am a novice to Overlanding, but grew up camping, hiking, and wheeling in the PNW. Looking forward to learning what I can and meeting great people. Cheers!
Welcome To Overland Bound Robert
The question is do you use the XJ or the GX for overlanding ;-)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello All!

My name is Joe, and I am from Riverside County.

I have a 2020 Toyota 4Runner.

I have been on a few trips, including an E3 Overland trip to the Grand Canyon. It was great.

I am looking forward to getting to know more people and taking lots of trips to ... somewhere!
Welcome to OB, Joe! We're glad to have you here. Enjoy!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello All!

I have been on a few trips, including an E3 Overland trip to the Grand Canyon. It was great.

I am looking forward to getting to know more people and taking lots of trips to ... somewhere!
Hello Joe, welcome to Overland Bound, somewhere is the absolute best place to go.

21willwood

Rank I

Member I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Wood
Member #

Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!AT4.jpgAT4a.jpg

Current rig: 2020 GMC 1500 Sierra AT4

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello All, name is Isaias from California ( North bay area)
Rigs: 2014 land cruiser
Just started to get out and explore, exited to meet and learn from this great community.
Hi Isaias

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The East Bay meet up has had a great 2021 so far and still more to go. You can see the plan under the second post in our thread. We have a meet up today at 1pm, and Michael the founder of OLB will be guest speaking today as well.

Closer to you is the north bay meet up which if you go to the calendar you can see the next meet up happening there.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information To the east bay meet up.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! Hang out for 2 hours discussing overlanding, looking at rigs, and planning trips! See this month’s plan US West - East Bay Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA View Rally Point
www.overlandbound.com

Last edited:

Traveler III

Enid,Ok
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Hey y'all!

I'm Chris, 47 infantry vet, beginner/novice overlander, professional camper though lol! From Okiehoma, actually currently at Lake Foss state park on my first outing in my 96 c3500 cc/lwb. I know it's a school bus looking, no gas mileage, 6500lbs but it gets me close enough to dismount and pack in.

Looking forward to learning the tips and tricks from y'all. Meeting with members and finding new places I've never seen!

To get a better idea about me I have literally taken a Suzuki swift (geo metro with mo-power!) Off-road into some fairly serious terrain (given the circumstances) but seriously like the old videos used to say... "It doesn't matter what you drive, get outside"
I live it, daily. End goal, full-time overlander!

Thanks for the site! A repository of knowledge!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello everyone,

My name is Robert and I am located in NE Florida just south of Jacksonville. I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ (not running) and a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ (running) that is my primary overland rig. I am a novice to Overlanding, but grew up camping, hiking, and wheeling in the PNW. Looking forward to learning what I can and meeting great people. Cheers!
Hello Robert and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all,
Mailyn (pronounced MyLin) here from NE Florida. New to overlanding, but excited to get going and see more of the country's backroads and best kept secrets. Originally from the PNW and love the outdoors. My rig is a 2016 GX460 with a few mods, but looking to make it ready for adventures. I look forward to meeting more overlanders and members!
Hello Mailyn and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
I’m a nomad now, with a FL address, but will always be from NY (not the city!) Love my 2013 JKU and looking forward to spending a whole lot more time with it. New to overlanding - new to camping generally - but I’m a quick study (or an absolute idiot) and went full-time right away. I’m writing from the Overland Expo East right now - it’s been a fun adventure so far!
Hello Jade and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All, my name is Jaime Rodríguez from Philadelphia.

Rig: Lifted 2011 Nissan Frontier
Overlanding Experience: Beginner

Took my kids to our first off-road ride today in Wharton State Park in New Jersey thanks to some of your maps! The kids had a blast! They got to experience some mild sand trails and some cool water crossings and thought it was so cool to eat their lunch on the bed cover of my truck by the side of the river. We even came across a cranberry harvest on one of the trails and they were fascinated. Best of all, we made it back home safely!
Hello Jaime and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey Everyone!

My name is Tyler and located in Phoenix Arizona.

Excited to be here. Looking to make some new friends in the PHX area to go overlanding with.

Rig is a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road.

Lots of camping experience in my younger days but pretty new to off-roading and overlanding.
Hello Tyler and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All!

Hello Joe and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!View attachment 212131View attachment 212132

Current rig: 2020 GMC 1500 Sierra AT4
Hello Will and welcome to Overland Bound!