freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all this is post #1 and I am glad to be here. I've wanted an 80 series since the 90's but I never could afford one, timing was bad, or whatever the reason was. I finally got one earlier this year and I've spent about the last four months catching is up on standard maintenance, fixing small issues, and making sure it's dependable enough for an adventure. In my endless web searching for fixes, tips, and tricks I ran across Michael on YouTube. OLB is a great channel and a regular watch for me. I am an avid camper, outdoorsman, Boy Scout, Asst. Scoutmaster, and get my soul recharged being in the woods. This past weekend was the inaugural trip in my 80 and it was fantastic. I setup camp in the Blue Ridge WMA in N. Georgia and spent 3 nights of peace and quiet. Looking forward to more adventuring and meeting some of you folks in the process. Cheer, ~Adam (a.k.a. Scumcraft)
Hello Adam, welcome to Overland Bound.

Brauma

Rank 0

Contributor I

Zion Crossroads, VA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Agee
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04CPD
Greetings. I'm not much of al overlander, or rock crawler, I just use my Jeep to get to the trailhead. I stumbled onto your page while trying to figure out the GMRS fee and why it still hasn't changed. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk and a 2000 F250 with the 7.3L turbo. I'm near Zions Crossroads, VA.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings. I'm not much of al overlander, or rock crawler, I just use my Jeep to get to the trailhead. I stumbled onto your page while trying to figure out the GMRS fee and why it still hasn't changed. I have a 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk and a 2000 F250 with the 7.3L turbo. I'm near Zions Crossroads, VA.
Welcome to Overland Bound
I hope you were able to find the comms info you needed.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn and Brauma

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all this is post #1 and I am glad to be here. I've wanted an 80 series since the 90's but I never could afford one, timing was bad, or whatever the reason was. I finally got one earlier this year and I've spent about the last four months catching is up on standard maintenance, fixing small issues, and making sure it's dependable enough for an adventure. In my endless web searching for fixes, tips, and tricks I ran across Michael on YouTube. OLB is a great channel and a regular watch for me. I am an avid camper, outdoorsman, Boy Scout, Asst. Scoutmaster, and get my soul recharged being in the woods. This past weekend was the inaugural trip in my 80 and it was fantastic. I setup camp in the Blue Ridge WMA in N. Georgia and spent 3 nights of peace and quiet. Looking forward to more adventuring and meeting some of you folks in the process. Cheer, ~Adam (a.k.a. Scumcraft)
Welcome To Overland Bound Adam
Glad you got the rig you wanted, its looking good.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
Alex and Drew from Indiana here! With our 2016 Jeep Wrangler-Atlas.
We are avid campers but new to overlanding. But we have started updating/planning our rig for our first adventure but we have so much to learn!
Excited to be here
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex and Drew
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Shahn

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Welcome from So Cal to the campfire Mark . I drove to climbs and trailheads for most of my younger days. Now I do overland to trail heads and beaches as the knees are not what they were. The trip now are to hike, surf, kayak, and fish.

DiscoII_P

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Henry
Hey everyone! New here (ofcourse, lol) just wanting to introduce myself, camping/overlanding enthusiast wanting to learn more about the lifestyle, improving my rig and making new friends/connections in the process!

Rig: ‘03 Land Rover Disco II (my first truck/rig!)
Why: I’ve always loved camping with my dad and family friends as a kid and now as I’m older(30) wanting to dive back into adventure/nature and disconnect from my STRESSFUL yet rewarding career as a Nurse. Don’t get me wrong, love caring for others, but it’s time I start fulfilling myself with things I truly enjoy (car/truck enthusiast and a lover of nature) so I’ve decided to mesh those two passions together and FINALLY get a project rig I can eventually hit the trails in.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone,
We are new here. This looks like a great forum.
Lots of interesting information.
Our home base is Downey, CA.. It's just outside La La Land.

We look forward to sharing experiences and knowledge with all of you.
We are in no way shape of form experts. We use to just camp once in a blue moon. Then, we started getting more and more equipment until we finally decided we need a rooftop tent.
- Rig: 2014 RAM 1500 Sport 4x4
- Upgraded tires: Cooper XLT Plus 0
- Upgraded Suspension: Falcon Shocks front and rear.
- Chinese Knock off CVT Mt Hood tent.
We are very adventurous. We have being in our RAM to:
Flagstaff, AZ
St. George, Utah
Pinelas, Tampa FL
Austin, TX
El Paso
Lake Mead, NV and CA side
Arrowhead, CA
Mammoth CA
Big Bear, CA
Palm Springs, CA
Big Sur, CA
Monterrey, CA
We are planning Montana, Victoria CA/Washington border and Yosemite.

I'm in the process of having an overland trailer built. I'll try to post the progress and keep you updated.
Feel free to ask questions.

Cheers
Hello Paulo, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,

My name is Robert and I am located in NE Florida just south of Jacksonville. I have a 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ (not running) and a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ (running) that is my primary overland rig. I am a novice to Overlanding, but grew up camping, hiking, and wheeling in the PNW. Looking forward to learning what I can and meeting great people. Cheers!
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,
Mailyn (pronounced MyLin) here from NE Florida. New to overlanding, but excited to get going and see more of the country's backroads and best kept secrets. Originally from the PNW and love the outdoors. My rig is a 2016 GX460 with a few mods, but looking to make it ready for adventures. I look forward to meeting more overlanders and members!
Hello Mailyn, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I’m a nomad now, with a FL address, but will always be from NY (not the city!) Love my 2013 JKU and looking forward to spending a whole lot more time with it. New to overlanding - new to camping generally - but I’m a quick study (or an absolute idiot) and went full-time right away. I’m writing from the Overland Expo East right now - it’s been a fun adventure so far!
Hello Jade, welcome to the OB family.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Hey everyone! New here (ofcourse, lol) just wanting to introduce myself, camping/overlanding enthusiast wanting to learn more about the lifestyle, improving my rig and making new friends/connections in the process!

Rig: ‘03 Land Rover Disco II (my first truck/rig!)
Why: I’ve always loved camping with my dad and family friends as a kid and now as I’m older(30) wanting to dive back into adventure/nature and disconnect from my STRESSFUL yet rewarding career as a Nurse. Don’t get me wrong, love caring for others, but it’s time I start fulfilling myself with things I truly enjoy (car/truck enthusiast and a lover of nature) so I’ve decided to mesh those two passions together and FINALLY get a project rig I can eventually hit the trails in.
Welcome from San Dimas! Check out the San Gabriel Vally meet up in rally points, we go out most months.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey Everyone!

My name is Tyler and located in Phoenix Arizona.

Excited to be here. Looking to make some new friends in the PHX area to go overlanding with.

Rig is a 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road.

Lots of camping experience in my younger days but pretty new to off-roading and overlanding.
Hello Tyler, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All!

My name is Joe, and I am from Riverside County.

I have a 2020 Toyota 4Runner.

I have been on a few trips, including an E3 Overland trip to the Grand Canyon. It was great.

I am looking forward to getting to know more people and taking lots of trips to ... somewhere!
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All,

My name is Will.

I started camping and off-roading at an early age. Lots of great experiences and travel memories, and always looking to create more opportunities. While I have a fair amount of off-road experience, I'm really just getting started with Overlanding.

Recently just moved from Colorado where we started to get a taste of Overlanding to now being located in South Central Texas. We are planning on picking up an off-road teardrop in the future. We enjoy all elevations from 14K to sea level!View attachment 212131View attachment 212132

Current rig: 2020 GMC 1500 Sierra AT4
Hello Will (@21willwood ), welcome to Overland Bound and welcome to Texas. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. San Antonio is about as different from Colorado as you can get, but there's great people here to meet up with and go adventuring.

There is A San Antonio Meet Up here: San Antonio Monthly Meetup - Eisenhauer Park

The one we attend is in Round Rock: Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey y'all!

I'm Chris, 47 infantry vet, beginner/novice overlander, professional camper though lol! From Okiehoma, actually currently at Lake Foss state park on my first outing in my 96 c3500 cc/lwb. I know it's a school bus looking, no gas mileage, 6500lbs but it gets me close enough to dismount and pack in.

Looking forward to learning the tips and tricks from y'all. Meeting with members and finding new places I've never seen!

To get a better idea about me I have literally taken a Suzuki swift (geo metro with mo-power!) Off-road into some fairly serious terrain (given the circumstances) but seriously like the old videos used to say... "It doesn't matter what you drive, get outside"
I live it, daily. End goal, full-time overlander!

Thanks for the site! A repository of knowledge!
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.