Rank II

Enthusiast I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Lea
Hi everyone,

Currently in the Los Angeles area, but spent most of my life in the North Bay, near San Francisco.

I have a 2004 Nissan Xterra with a manual transmission. Only upgrades are all terrains and a steel bumper from Coastal Offroad I welded together.

Grew up driving my dad’s 85 Nissan 4x4 pickup in the woods. I’m actually planning on selling the X soon and turning the old truck into a new rig. Over the last 7 years I’ve taken the X on several multi-day back country trips with friends, mainly California and Nevada deserts. Took a clinic with Badlands Offroad Adventures a few years ago too. I’m always up for learning techniques, equipment, and hearing others’ stories. Happy to be here.

Head4TheHills

Rank II

Enthusiast I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Brendan
Last Name
Draney
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound Brendan
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
The Member Representative in NC is @NC-Trooper
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R
Thanks Kent !

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,

Currently in the Los Angeles area, but spent most of my life in the North Bay, near San Francisco.

I have a 2004 Nissan Xterra with a manual transmission. Only upgrades are all terrains and a steel bumper from Coastal Offroad I welded together.

Grew up driving my dad’s 85 Nissan 4x4 pickup in the woods. I’m actually planning on selling the X soon and turning the old truck into a new rig. Over the last 7 years I’ve taken the X on several multi-day back country trips with friends, mainly California and Nevada deserts. Took a clinic with Badlands Offroad Adventures a few years ago too. I’m always up for learning techniques, equipment, and hearing others’ stories. Happy to be here.
Hello Sean and welcome to Overland Bound!

3Landcruisers

Rank II

Contributor III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Hollis
Last Name
Cameron
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi!

I'm Hollis Cameron and I drive a 1996 Land Cruiser. It's great to finally join the community after all these years.

Dingel5

Rank 0

Contributor I

Petaluma, Sonoma County, California, United States
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dingeldein
Greetings everyone,

I joined today, live in Petaluma, CA. and drive a 2016 Tacoma Access Cab that’s an ongoing work in progress. I’m new to overlanding but not new to taking the occasional weekend camping trip. Definitely looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out.

Cheers, Paul

Attachments

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hi I’m From Denver

I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 mostly stock.

Im looking to get Kings suspension or fox shocks installed in the future.

Only real modification I’ve done so far is a ARB awning

I’m looking to go ultralight

Any recommendations on suspension wheels and tires would be great. I don’t wanna sacrifice my gas mileage.
Hey Daniel! welcome to the community from Fort Collins!
Our local group has a bunch of 4runners, i know several have gone with Dobinsons (@trail_runn4r and @Aeroscout) and IronMan Foam Cell suspensions (@RedRunner87), I know atleast one other has ordered Kings but has been waiting since almost april/may. I run Fox on my Tacoma and absolutely love it. Wheels are really a personal preference from the stand point of price, looks and performance. As far as tires most of us are currently running All Terrain tires, quite a few of us specifically have BFG KO2s, Falken Wildepeak AT3, Nitto Terra and Ridge Grappler. I personally will be upsizing next set of tires i get and will be going mud-terrains for summer still figuring out which set but ill be keeping my ATs for winter driving.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, I hope we get to meet you some time soon, we are in the process of planning recurring Rigs and (insert beverage/food here) meetups for the winter/off-season months.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Greetings everyone,

I joined today, live in Petaluma, CA. and drive a 2016 Tacoma Access Cab that’s an ongoing work in progress. I’m new to overlanding but not new to taking the occasional weekend camping trip. Definitely looking forward to meeting new folks and getting out.

Cheers, Paul
Hello Paul and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,

Hello Sean, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings everyone,

Cheers, Paul
Hello Paul, welcome to Overland Bound.

LanceK

Rank V

Advocate II

Foley, Alabama 36535, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Kindley
Member #

Hi Everyone

I'm Lance in Foley Alabama with my wife Cindy. We love watching YouTube vids of dirt roads and dispersed camping and wanted to try it. We have a 2019 Toyota 4 Runner. The first thing I did after getting it last year, was to get rid of the street tires and put on all terrain shoes. We have been rigging our ride and campaigning it in Alabama dirt ever since.

20210530_111923.jpg

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Everyone

I'm Lance in Foley Alabama with my wife Cindy. We love watching YouTube vids of dirt roads and dispersed camping and wanted to try it. We have a 2019 Toyota 4 Runner. The first thing I did after getting it last year, was to get rid of the street tires and put on all terrain shoes. We have been rigging our ride and campaigning it in Alabama dirt ever since.

View attachment 211277
Hello Lance, welcome to Overland Bound.
I would suggest you not put your complete home address out on this web site, just a thought.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Hi Everyone

View attachment 211277
Welcome from T-Town. I see from the other thread that we have a lot in common - nice rig:). Hopefully, we’ll get to meet in person some day.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Hello! I’m an old school off-road guy, not new to the woods, but embracing the overlanding adventure. I live about 25 mins south of Atlanta Airport, always looking for back roads and that “sweet spot.” I look forward to learning, growing, and meeting as many like-minded folks as I can. Stay safe, ask if I can be of help or assistance, love talking about ham radio and off-grid communications.
Welcome! Just drive north and you’ll end up in one of my favorite areas to off-grid camp!

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Hi I’m From Denver

I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 mostly stock.

Im looking to get Kings suspension or fox shocks installed in the future.

Only real modification I’ve done so far is a ARB awning

I’m looking to go ultralight

Any recommendations on suspension wheels and tires would be great. I don’t wanna sacrifice my gas mileage.
Welcome! Love the rig;)