Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from West Harrison NY. I'm Joe. Driving a 2006 TJ. Attaching some photos. Usually off-roading in PA. Rauch Creek, AAOA, Famous Reading, greens and blues. Always looking for somewhere different. Nothing to prove not looking for anything very difficult. Nice to meet you all.

Joe View attachment 210955View attachment 210956
Hello Joe, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,
Name is Kerry and I am in Central Texas. Have a couple different platforms. My main rig is my 2018 Ram 2500. Other rig is a 2007 Rubicon. Recently rigged the Ram up for tent camping with a RTT so I could use that for my trout fishing trips to NM and CO. It's easier than outline the RV. Need to upgrade to a bed rack or a camper shell because I installed a decked drawer system and the Thule rack won't work the way I want. Look forward to meeting you all and maybe hearing you on the Ham radio (W5KDP). Here is a pic of my recent trip to the Rio Costilla in NM.
Hello Kerry (@cigarsnjeeps ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. I am right up the road from you in Georgetown. There are several people active in the CTX area. In fact, we have a monthly meet up this coming Friday in Round Rock: North Central Texas Meet & Greet

If you're up for a quick trip, @Adventures with Penny and @TahoePPV will be at Oxford Ranch on Friday morning for the weekend.

Since you're kinda next door, Houston also has this new meetup: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! I’m an old school off-road guy, not new to the woods, but embracing the overlanding adventure. I live about 25 mins south of Atlanta Airport, always looking for back roads and that “sweet spot.” I look forward to learning, growing, and meeting as many like-minded folks as I can. Stay safe, ask if I can be of help or assistance, love talking about ham radio and off-grid communications.
Hello Tom, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! Im from York City Pennsylvania. Im very much new to overlanding however I’ve had some form of off-roader for many years. I currently have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler X 6 speed. Im glad to be here. Maybe include some basic tips that would be useful for someone like me just getting started. Thanks!
Hello Dylon, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi I’m From Denver

I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 mostly stock.

Im looking to get Kings suspension or fox shocks installed in the future.

Only real modification I’ve done so far is a ARB awning

I’m looking to go ultralight

Any recommendations on suspension wheels and tires would be great. I don’t wanna sacrifice my gas mileage.
Hello Daniel, welcome to the OB family.

cigarsnjeeps

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Smithville, TX, USA
First Name
Kerry
Last Name
Phillips
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5KDP
Hello Kerry (@cigarsnjeeps ), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. I am right up the road from you in Georgetown. There are several people active in the CTX area. In fact, we have a monthly meet up this coming Friday in Round Rock: North Central Texas Meet & Greet

If you're up for a quick trip, @Adventures with Penny and @TahoePPV will be at Oxford Ranch on Friday morning for the weekend.

Since you're kinda next door, Houston also has this new meetup: Recurring Bryan College Station Meet-up

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.
Thanks, appreciate all of the info and I will try to make some meetings. Cheers.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
this is cape lookout NC. an amazing place.
Great picture. More members will be able to see it if you post it on the general, SE Regional section or photo section.

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
finally joined OB. I have been camping a long time. Mostly hammock or tent. i am looking forward to finding new places to fish. And camp.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m From Denver

I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 mostly stock.

Im looking to get Kings suspension or fox shocks installed in the future.

Only real modification I’ve done so far is a ARB awning

I’m looking to go ultralight

Any recommendations on suspension wheels and tires would be great. I don’t wanna sacrifice my gas mileage.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @Iridium Fort Collins
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R

Reactions: Iridium and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Im from York City Pennsylvania. Im very much new to overlanding however I’ve had some form of off-roader for many years. I currently have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler X 6 speed. Im glad to be here. Maybe include some basic tips that would be useful for someone like me just getting started. Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I’m an old school off-road guy, not new to the woods, but embracing the overlanding adventure. I live about 25 mins south of Atlanta Airport, always looking for back roads and that “sweet spot.” I look forward to learning, growing, and meeting as many like-minded folks as I can. Stay safe, ask if I can be of help or assistance, love talking about ham radio and off-grid communications.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Weekly Ham Net
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
Name is Kerry and I am in Central Texas. Have a couple different platforms. My main rig is my 2018 Ram 2500. Other rig is a 2007 Rubicon. Recently rigged the Ram up for tent camping with a RTT so I could use that for my trout fishing trips to NM and CO. It's easier than outline the RV. Need to upgrade to a bed rack or a camper shell because I installed a decked drawer system and the Thule rack won't work the way I want. Look forward to meeting you all and maybe hearing you on the Ham radio (W5KDP). Here is a pic of my recent trip to the Rio Costilla in NM.
Welcome to Overland Bound Kerry
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Our Texas Member Representative is @Roots66, and in the DFW area you can also contact @Prerunner1982
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com