Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello everyone,

I’m Glen, live in Toronto.

We’re outfitting a Subaru Outback and are in the planning stages to cross Canada, head into the United States, Baja MX, back to the US and back to Canada.

Selling or packing away everything so our rig will be home for about a year.

We joined looking for experience, experiences, and friendship. Happy to say hi to you all!

Namaste
Welcome to OB, Glen! We're glad to have you. Sounds like quite the trip you've got planned, I'm excited to read all about it when the time comes!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All,

Jon here from Corona, California. A new member to Overland Bound.

I have a 2018 TRD Off Road Toyota Tacoma. I Started building my rig since 2019 and the build never ends! I have taken my rig, with my wife and two kids to many places and trails since then. Imogene pass, Chicken Corners, Toquerville Falls and so on.. Looking forward to learn a lot of new things from the Overland Bound community.
Hello Jon, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just starting.
Live in Beaumont Ca.
Getting closer to retirement and planning on some fun trips
Have a RAM AEV PROSPECTOR XL
Starting to kit it out.
SUPER PACIFIC camper coming in Feb.
Have lots of experience camping.
Hello John, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,

We’re outfitting a Subaru Outback and are in the planning stages to cross Canada, head into the United States, Baja MX, back to the US and back to Canada.

We joined looking for experience, experiences, and friendship. Happy to say hi to you all!

Namaste
Hello Glen, welcome to the OB family.

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Hello everyone,

Namaste
Welcome Glen! Hope the borders open so you can do your trip. Sounds great!

joepalsr

Rank 0

Contributor I

West Harrison NY
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Palatucci
Hello from West Harrison NY. I'm Joe. Driving a 2006 TJ. Attaching some photos. Usually off-roading in PA. Rauch Creek, AAOA, Famous Reading, greens and blues. Always looking for somewhere different. Nothing to prove not looking for anything very difficult. Nice to meet you all.

Joe IMG_6217.JPGIMG_5678.JPG

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Hello from West Harrison NY. I'm Joe. Driving a 2006 TJ. Attaching some photos. Usually off-roading in PA. Rauch Creek, AAOA, Famous Reading, greens and blues. Always looking for somewhere different. Nothing to prove not looking for anything very difficult. Nice to meet you all.

Joe View attachment 210955View attachment 210956
Welcome Joe! I’m not too far from you (Fort Lee NJ), there’s a good number of us in the area

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,

Namaste
Hello Glen, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Joseph, welcome to Overland Bound.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Joe and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX

Welcome Joe. Nice pic!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Hello everyone.
Been looking at getting into the overland camping experience for a few years now.
Currently own a 2016 Ram Rebel.
We will see if I keep this truck. I will be living Germany for the next 4 years. And may look at getting a new truck when I return stateside. Not sure if there is a big enough overlanding crowd over there to warrant building and investing in my current rig while over there.
Joined OLB to meet people that share the same interests and have experience and perspectives to share.
Welcome and thanks for your service to our country!

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Good morning. After months of research decided to come aboard here. Previously with Tacoma World. Sold the Taco and upgraded to a heaver truck. Have been camping, hiking, climbing and general outdoors things all my life. I'm glad to be here.
Welcome and thank you for serving our country!

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Joe
Welcome to OB, Joe! Looks like fun up there, I'm excited to explore the NE eventually! We're glad to have you here!

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT

Welcome Joe. Looks like fun. See you out on the trails (but maybe from the parking lot!)

cigarsnjeeps

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Smithville, TX, USA
First Name
Kerry
Last Name
Phillips
Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5KDP
Hello,
Name is Kerry and I am in Central Texas. Have a couple different platforms. My main rig is my 2018 Ram 2500. Other rig is a 2007 Rubicon. Recently rigged the Ram up for tent camping with a RTT so I could use that for my trout fishing trips to NM and CO. It's easier than outline the RV. Need to upgrade to a bed rack or a camper shell because I installed a decked drawer system and the Thule rack won't work the way I want. Look forward to meeting you all and maybe hearing you on the Ham radio (W5KDP). Here is a pic of my recent trip to the Rio Costilla in NM.

Attachments

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello,
Name is Kerry and I am in Central Texas. Have a couple different platforms. My main rig is my 2018 Ram 2500. Other rig is a 2007 Rubicon. Recently rigged the Ram up for tent camping with a RTT so I could use that for my trout fishing trips to NM and CO. It's easier than outline the RV. Need to upgrade to a bed rack or a camper shell because I installed a decked drawer system and the Thule rack won't work the way I want. Look forward to meeting you all and maybe hearing you on the Ham radio (W5KDP). Here is a pic of my recent trip to the Rio Costilla in NM.
Welcome to OB, Kerry! Great pictures, looks like a good time! We're glad to have you here, enjoy!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,
Hello Kerry, welcome to Overland Bound.

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Hello! I’m an old school off-road guy, not new to the woods, but embracing the overlanding adventure. I live about 25 mins south of Atlanta Airport, always looking for back roads and that “sweet spot.” I look forward to learning, growing, and meeting as many like-minded folks as I can. Stay safe, ask if I can be of help or assistance, love talking about ham radio and off-grid communications.