Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Ok... *sets up soap box*

"I'm on a quest....* nope, nope.. too cheesey*

Name's Kodiak.. on paper I live in Beaverton, OR and when I'm home.... I run with the dysfunctional misfits of the PDX overland crew... most of which run with Frontier Overland too..

I own a 2016 Jeep cherokee Trailhawk.. her name is the Heathen_hawk but when I'm on the trail... I tend to go with the Moniker.....of Super Fiat!!(da duh duh duhhhh)

I talk a lot of crap with my friends...that's half the fun. I enjoy proving people wrong about how capable my lil jeep is...

Life has happened.. wife and I left Oregon last april to drive for Panther as expediters.. 3 months later she was taken by Pancreatic cancer...since then ive been in a flux.. my jeep lives with my folks in Fayettenam, NC... I drive a truck OTR and i still maintain my residence in Oregon... I don't really "Live" anywhere...

I joined this group because I really am on a quest of sorts.. to build a full-time overlanding rig. I've got my sights set on purchasing a Ram Powerwagon around the end of the year and I was just looking for local groups to learn wheeling a full size truck.. aside from some baja driving I did with my work truck in Iraq way back when I was a contractor... my only experience with overlanding and wheeling was my 97 TJ when I was in college, my 90 XJ and recently my 16 KL.. I drove a tow truck in Portland, OR for 5 years... so im not afraid of winches *and whips and chains excite me* ‍♂...

I'm just looking for a group of people to fit in with while i try and build this rig. When I'm home I'm View attachment 209653View attachment 209654View attachment 209655View attachment 209656usually at the beach in my jeep. Parked away from everyone else at ft fisher access.
Welcome from Oklahoma Kodiak! That’s one heck of an introduction. I’m so sorry to read about your wife. I hope you find a fun group of misfits to run and learn with locally. There are lots of us it shouldn’t be too difficult lol.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New member here. Located in Nebraska and ready to get back into overloading here in the midwest and Rocky Mountains. Im looking for new groups to ride with and bring my family along with as well.

Rigs: 2021 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro / 2018 Can-Am Defender XMR HD10

Experience: Moderate
Hello Dan and welcome to Overland Bound! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus Gx 470
I’m intermittent in Overlanding . I love driving . My friends today even joke with me because of my Mantra “let’s go places” I’m new to this club and I can’t wait to “go places “ with this group.
Hello John and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey I’m the Vagrant and My Beautiful wife, we will call her The Bird. This is our New to us 2016JKU We had a bad ass Rav 4 that we took on many off-road and on road adventures but hurricane Ida ate her in one bite! We are excited for the upgrade none the less. We are big campers, love our paddle boards (we take em down the Delaware river.) we have two dogs and we need to get some mud in these tires! We are thinking of doing the northern section of the trans Nj Trail this weekend but we are having trouble finding information! Happy Trails. VAGRANT , BIRD
Hello Jarred and welcome to Overland Bound!

Reactions: Kent R

sbc

Rank I

Enthusiast I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Charrington
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5SBC
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relatively new to overlanding. I started building my rig—the CranBeast, a 2010 GX 460—in October of last year and we just returned from our first big trip to Colorado. We learned a ton and one of our favorite aspects of the trip was all the great people we met in the hobby from all over the place.

I’m also new to ham radio and my call is k5sbc.

We’re based in St. Louis, MO.

Sam

cranbeastnme.jpg

Rogue1

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Newell County, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Hello Everyone
Just joined up glad to be part of the group. Running a 2008 Jeep JKU, Unlimited X, many mods done, it's been a work vehicle for me from the Northwest Territories to the Canada/US border so it's seen its fair share of Western Canada, I work in the Canadian Oilfield so lots of time spent in the backcountry. I guess I have been overlanding for many years(Just didn't know the name LOL)
Working where I do you have to be extremely self sufficient as you are out alone scouting very remote locations with Zero communications available.
Jeep.jpg

Last edited:

DSGNjunkie

Rank I

Contributor III

Kirkland, WA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Sandifer
Just getting into the Overlanding world excited to get out there more! I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma that I'm slowly working on gearing out as I gain experience.

I'm in the Seattle area for now, would love any and all connections/suggestions for awesome beginner places to go explore! I'm also huge on Mt. Biking, so combining the two is the ultimate goal.

Happy to be here!

sbc

Rank I

Enthusiast I

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
Charrington
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5SBC
Hi guys. Excited to join. My name is Dan. I’m in New England. Building up a gx460. It’s currently on 2 inch dobinsons, Prinsu rack, trd pro wheels, bfg KO2s. Next is sliders, then prob drawers. Looking forward to learning from the group
Welcome Dan. I just joined too and posted about my similar setup just above. GX 460, 2.5 dobs lift, sherpa rack, ko2s. Post a pic when you can.

Reactions: Kent R

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

Hello.
We have been pretty busy with life and not been on here much but I/we are always looking for friends to get out of the city with.
We are in Twin Falls.

Look forward to getting to know you and hopefully hitting some trails or just meet and greets threw the winter.
Sorry I missed you when you were traveling through earlier this year. How have things been?
Is all GOOD. We get it done some day. We are hoping 2022 is less hectic for us and allow us to get out more.
We only managed 1 3 day camping trip and we stayed in camp for the most part just relaxing in the mid 70s temps.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are relatively new to overlanding. I started building my rig—the CranBeast, a 2010 GX 460—in October of last year and we just returned from our first big trip to Colorado. We learned a ton and one of our favorite aspects of the trip was all the great people we met in the hobby from all over the place.

I’m also new to ham radio and my call is k5sbc.

We’re based in St. Louis, MO.

Sam

View attachment 209922
Hello Sam, welcome to you and your wife to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone
Just joined up glad to be part of the group. Running a 2008 Jeep JKU, Unlimited X, many mods done, it's been a work vehicle for me from the Northwest Territories to the Canada/US border so it's seen its fair share of Western Canada, I work in the Canadian Oilfield so lots of time spent in the backcountry. I guess I have been overlanding for many years(Just didn't know the name LOL)
Working where I do you have to be extremely self sufficient as you are out alone scouting very remote locations with Zero communications available.
View attachment 209923
Hello Cameron, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Just getting into the Overlanding world excited to get out there more! I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma that I'm slowly working on gearing out as I gain experience.

I'm in the Seattle area for now, would love any and all connections/suggestions for awesome beginner places to go explore! I'm also huge on Mt. Biking, so combining the two is the ultimate goal.

Happy to be here!
Hello Brent, welcome to Overland Bound.

Rogue1

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Newell County, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Nicholson
Member #

Hello Everyone
View attachment 209923
Hello Cameron, welcome to Overland Bound.
Can’t wait to start meeting new adventurers out there.

Davidln1

Rank III

Educator I

Marissa, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Nellis
Member #

Service Branch
ARNG, EMS, Police
Hello, I'm Levi, I'm new to overlanding but so much to camping. I started working on my build which is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU. Looking forward to learning more.
Greetings! From the New Jersey Coastal Region.
Thank you, I'm in southern Illinois area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Levi, I'm new to overlanding but so much to camping. I started working on my build which is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JKU. Looking forward to learning more.
Welcome to Overland Bound Levi
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Shahn and Davidln1