Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello All...I'm a new member as of today. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos the last several months and I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have not bought a vehicle yet, I'm still trying to figure out what kind of truck I want to get. I'm not sure if we want a lite slide in camper or just a camper top or if we want to pull a small lite weight trailer that's built for over-landing. I am open to hear suggestions. We live in the Travelers Rest, SC area and we love the mountains. Next year sometime we want to travel out west to do some beginner type over-landing, camping and fishing in Montana and Colorado. I'll be traveling with my wife, I think she's looking forward to this next adventure. Thank You in advance for any recommendations on any type trucks, any information would be much appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
R Coker
Hello and Welcome to the OB family!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Noob here. I’ve lurked for a while and finally became a member. I drive a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 as a daily family hauler that gets me around the cattle pasture for fishing. I’m here to get out, explore more, and meet cool and interesting people along the way.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Been interested for a while, but now finally moving forward into it a little bit more. Working on purchasing a RTT on the trailer and setting that up and have the kayaks on top of the Jeep since it's a DD and don't go camping as much as I'd like to. Adulting gets in the way.

1) View attachment 209184
2) Northern Virginia
3) 2021 Jeep Gladiator
4) General camping, hammocking. Usually with Trail Ragnar Relays or up in WV.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello friends! I'm Dave from the Napa Valley in California. Glad to have finally joined! Looking forward to being a part of this community. Love my first and 4th gen 4-runners and used some extra time at home during covid to build out a nice camping vehicle. This is a great community I can tell. Have watched every one of the Overland bound youtube videos and have learned so much.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
New member from central coast area California. Previously did motorcycle adventure touring but I'm getting a bit long-in-the-tooth for another trip up the Dalton Hwy on a motorcycle. Just starting a Silverado build-out with a pop-up style shell camper. SCUBA diving in remote lakes is what I'm after.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hi Overlanders. I'm Aled and live in the UK. I am new to overlanding but have Canoed and Camped for years.

i am building my first rig on a Pinzgauer 716 M (softtop) which has just been demobbed form the British Army.

I have a Bushcompany Alpha rooftent and a bushcompany 270 Max awning to go with it.

the truck is still in for registration, painting and various other minot stuff but i will post some picks once it is home again.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello,

Name is Sean.
Vehicle is an 89 Ford bronco
New to overlanding but looking to make great memories with the family and meet new people.
From Cleveland but live in Dayton OH.

Excited to meet everyone stop by and say hi.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hi everyone. I’m a new member

1)Los Angeles, CA
2)LC 200 series Land Cruiser
3)Novice overland experience.
Toquerville Falls was my first off-road trip

Looking forward for amazing trips, meeting people and just get out there.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Greetings Everyone!

View attachment 209406
  • Name - Jonathan
  • Vehicle - 1993 Ford F350 7.3L IDI XLT CC LB SRW 4x4 that I have owned since 1999
  • Overlanding Experience - on and off for over 30 years if you mean 4wheeling to a destination and sleeping/camping out of the back of a truck.
  • Current Homestead - Lexington, SC
  • Other Hobbies - Paintball, Wood/Metal working, tinkering, reading and being a Grandfather (called "Grumpy") to River Rose
I am just getting back into this I haven't been real 4wheeling or camping in over 10 years and I really miss being out in the woods. My wife and daughter's family have no interest in camping so it looks like I will be doing some monthly "Overlanding" adventures on my own for a while [which does not bother me since I enjoy some solitude occasionally]. Then when River is a little older and I can pry her away from her parents and her Grandmother I'll start introducing her to the fun of camping.

My Truck is in the process of getting some upgrades
  • The used ARE Cap in the image above just got restored with new window and bed seals and will serve as my "home" for the time being while on the road
  • Gone through and rebuilt the driveline and all of the brakes. New U-Joints all around and pulled all 4
  • Since I need to replace some worn out bushings throughout the truck so I have purchased and waiting on Sky Mfg RSK 2" Kit and Rear 2" Conversion Kit and swap out my original springs with X code Super duty springs. This will help a lot with ride and articulation. Though this beast will not be doing a lot of severe off-roading and tight trails. I just want to get out in the mountains to some good private views.
  • Dropping both fuel tanks this weekend to install new sending units and just got done rebuild all of the rest of the fuel system
  • Already have dual batteries (Diesel) and put together a quick "house" battery setup with my own charge controller and BougeRV solar panel. This will serve as a temporary setup for the time being while I shake the rust of myself and shake down my setup
  • Have all of my old camping kitchen equipment and a cot in the back will serve as my bed for now.
  • Overall right now just getting the old girl reliable and waiting for a little cooler temperature to start getting out there again
  • No Refrig yet I'll work out of a trusty cooler for a while since I am only planning on short weekend trips to begin with.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello!

Glad to have found you guys. No pic of my rig yet as I just ordered it a week ago. Once it comes I'll be trading in my stock 4Runner for a new 2021 Ford Raptor (with the 37s).

Very excited to learn about the best way to build up my rig from scratch. Thanks in advance to everyone here who helps me on the way!

Matt

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello been camping car camping schooling camping for years. Got my Jeep and gues now I’m overlanding. Just went my first overlanding adventure with a another person in eastern Montana. Ready to do it again and I’m still have two days of this trip left. Thank for a group for like minded people. I’m very simple and a blast with very little here is my 2010 Jeep unlimited rubicon and tent setup. View attachment 209532

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hey All,

Been a member for a few months, but finally made it to the East Bay / Tri Valley meet up today and realized I should finally post!

Name: Kurt Bales
Rig: 2016 Chevy Colorado
Experience: In a prior life it was moderate/intermediate back home in Australia, and feels like falling back into novice territory all over again!

Getting back into things after all my international travel plans went out the window!

Most of my trips include my trusty co-pilot Maggie (the black lab) who absolutely loves road trips!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello!

Glad to have found you guys. No pic of my rig yet as I just ordered it a week ago. Once it comes I'll be trading in my stock 4Runner for a new 2021 Ford Raptor (with the 37s).

Very excited to learn about the best way to build up my rig from scratch. Thanks in advance to everyone here who helps me on the way!

Matt
Hello Matt and welcome to Overland Bound!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi All,

I'm Dave and my rig is a 2014 FJ Cruiser. I'd consider myself a beginner to overlanding. I got into it when family and friends wanted to get into camping but didn't want to/couldn't backpack to the good spots.

I'm in San Mateo, California and excited to join the family.
View attachment 209451View attachment 209452
Hello Dave and welcome to Overland Bound!