Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

@Sandpoint Steve has a monthly conference call, US Northwest - Inland Northwest Monthly Conferance Call - Planning / Leading your first trip

@reaver, @David C Gibbs, @J&V_Bird and @GHCOE might also know of some local groups out doing things.

Lastly go check into the Northwest Regional Roll Call, you will get a lot more responses from members close to you there.

One more thing, I see you don’t have a paid membership, you might not be seeing much activity due to this.
Thanks for the shout out. We rolled to Hagerman, 1000 Springs, to soak at Miracle Hot Springs for an hour. Here is a little COVID news: There is a new owner of the Snake River Grill in Hagerman.
David

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
2) Location Boise, Idaho! There's so many areas to try but I'm just starting out on this adventure!
3) Rig: 2012 F-150 FX4 (That's my baby! ↓) I've since installed Eibach Pro Truck springs, struts, and shocks to the suspension and gave it a 2" lift. Those are 285/17s and they rub in reverse...which I think is weird since they don't rub going forward.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Zero. Zilch. Nada. I plan on doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route next year with my son. I've read it's an "easy/beginner" course to 4x4 and overlanding, so I figure it's a good place to start!

View attachment 207385
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good evening all. New OB forum member, but have been lurking for a while :). More active on the T4R forum.

Picture attached.

2) Location: Long Beach, CA
3) Rig: 2017 5th Gen 4Runner, 4x4 of course.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice; wife and I go out from time to time, but nothing crazy.

View attachment 207397
Hello Sheldon, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All,
Newbie to the world of Overlanding here. Been reading about it for many years and looking to get more into it. Have a new to me Jeep Wrangler and just looking to learn more about adventuring out and taking the road less traveled.
Hello Josh, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good evening all. New OB forum member, but have been lurking for a while :). More active on the T4R forum.

Picture attached.

2) Location: Long Beach, CA
3) Rig: 2017 5th Gen 4Runner, 4x4 of course.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Novice; wife and I go out from time to time, but nothing crazy.

View attachment 207397
Hello Sheldon, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All,
Newbie to the world of Overlanding here. Been reading about it for many years and looking to get more into it. Have a new to me Jeep Wrangler and just looking to learn more about adventuring out and taking the road less traveled.
Hello Josh, welcome to the OB family.

Chris.Ingram

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gilbert, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Ingram
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Air Force
@Sandpoint Steve has a monthly conference call, US Northwest - Inland Northwest Monthly Conferance Call - Planning / Leading your first trip

@reaver, @David C Gibbs, @J&V_Bird and @GHCOE might also know of some local groups out doing things.

Lastly go check into the Northwest Regional Roll Call, you will get a lot more responses from members close to you there.
[URL unfurl= "true"]https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/northwest-region-roll-call.210/[/URL]

One more thing, I see you don’t have a paid membership, you might not be seeing much activity due to this.
Thanks, I’ll check it out
Thanks for the shout out. We rolled to Hagerman, 1000 Springs, to soak at Miracle Hot Springs for an hour. Here is a little COVID news: There is a new owner of the Snake River Grill in Hagerman.
David

Boondoggler

Rank 0

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Hsieh
Read about overlanding for the first time last December in a hospital bed that should have been my casket.

Have been learning, researching & planning for a FT Overlanding life.

Rig: 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Build: In Progress...slowly but active.
Base: Maryland, USA....soon to be "where the rig breaks down" :-))

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Read about overlanding for the first time last December in a hospital bed that should have been my casket.

Hello Thomas, welcome to Overland Bound.

Willys Yella Jeep

Rank V

Builder I

Castle Rock, Colorado, United States
First Name
Willy
Last Name
Sommer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CEO
Service Branch
Army
Willy here. We are a Colorado overlanding family ready for adventure. We recently upgraded our rig from a Ram truck to a Jeep. Still looking for a better Warn winch and might add mobile Ham. For now CB and handheld will do.

Rig: 2018 Jeep JLUR
Experience: yup

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello Thomas, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Based out of Denton, Tx. Building up a 2017 tundra, plan to take out on a trip in the spring. I do 1 day trips here and there locally.
Hello Travis (@Nip859), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Looks like you are already getting in some good road time.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Willy here. We are a Colorado overlanding family ready for adventure. We recently upgraded our rig from a Ram truck to a Jeep. Still looking for a better Warn winch and might add mobile Ham. For now CB and handheld will do.

Rig: 2018 Jeep JLUR
Experience: yup
Hello Will, welcome to the OB family.