Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi all!

My name’s Clay. Upon buying a half-capable vehicle I’ve decided it’s time to begin after being a long time follower, but driving FWD wagons..

I’ve got a new Subaru Outback XT that’s just begging to go have fun. Nothing insane. AWD just can’t hang. But she’s my daily. The goal is to maximize drivability and overland potential to the best of my ability. She won’t keep up with a Tundra, but probably be more pleasant to take to work.

Anyhow, I’m out in Reno, NV, just getting started, and damn excited!
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone! Been debating joining Overland Bound and finally pulled the trigger. I’ve been off-roading my entire life and recently moved to Steamboat Springs CO. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you all out on the trail! View attachment 205708
Welcome from Arizona!
Name is Jason, and just got my F150 a little over a week ago. Can't wait to get out there, explore. We typically do Broken Bow, OK; Grand Lake, CO; and other locations.

I have zero experience in overlanding, or four wheeling in general.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi folks!

My name is Jean-Michel, (french name translated as John-Michael roughly!).
I live in Harare, Zimbabwe and drive a Land Rover Defender.
It is my second 4x4, previously I owned a Land Rover Discovery 1.
I have done very few modifications to the vehicle, as it has met all my needs thus far. I have owned it for 5 years, and done about 65,000km. I do basic maintenance myself and use the Landy to go into various parts of the country, mostly our National Parks and wildlife areas, where I work as a Professional Safari Guide.

Great to be a part of this community.
Cheers
Welcome from Arizona!

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Chucks a great guy,! Welcome to the community Bobby! We have quite a few guys out in the Colorado Springs area. Personally i'm up in Fort Collins, please feel free to reach out. I'd be very interested in seeing how that ridgeline does along with that camper! Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Welcome from Arizona!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thanks very much. Brand new and learning the ropes here. Looks like I forgot to mention a few things, so:
1) Meet Max: View attachment 207067
2) Located in Fort Collins, Colorado
3) 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, purchased brand new in April this year.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Been roaming the Rocky Mountain West for 40+ years in various vehicles from Subaru's to Pick Up's with camper shells and my favorite, the Wildernest. Before I heard the term Overlanding we thought of it as car camping+. Have traveled much of the Rocky Mountain West from NW Wyoming down through Colorado (home), New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. Also the Pacific Northwest, mainly Washington. Heading out in a month for a 2 week trip back to the PacNW, then down the coast through Oregon, Northern California, then back across through Yosemite and Nevada, with hopefully a stop in Great Basin to check out the Bristlecones. I am a 3D animator and photographer and love to wander. Have big plans for my Wrangler but am taking it slow, intentionally dialing him in for how I wish to travel: as light as nimble as possible. Have enjoyed learning all the new tech/techniques that have developed in recent years. So much new to learn... really excited to connect with such an active and like-minded community.
Check out Mono lake for photography, it is located between the Bristlecone NF and Yosemite, it is awesome.

jbcrane

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Crane
Member #

Check out Mono lake for photography, it is located between the Bristlecone NF and Yosemite, it is awesome.
Thanks Rich. I passed through there many years ago and was struck by its barrenness in contrast with the mountains just up the road. Definitely some potential photographs in that unique place. I've been reading up on the bristlecones in Great Basin National Park and intrigued. I do not know, however, whether the fires this year have impacted the area. We'll see...

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello
1985 FJ60 (project) & 2013 Wrangler.
New to Southern California from Northern New Mexico
Camped and wheeled since a young kid but not sure if that counts as overlanding experience. Excited to be here!
Hello Robert, welcome to the OB community.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Greetings, new member here from Fort Collins, Colorado. Lots of questions, excited to connect with like minded folks. Will be heading out next month for two weeks and hoping to make the trip better through Overlanding Bound. Just wanting to say hello.
Thanks very much. Brand new and learning the ropes here. Looks like I forgot to mention a few things, so:
1) Meet Max: View attachment 207067
2) Located in Fort Collins, Colorado
3) 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, purchased brand new in April this year.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Been roaming the Rocky Mountain West for 40+ years in various vehicles from Subaru's to Pick Up's with camper shells and my favorite, the Wildernest. Before I heard the term Overlanding we thought of it as car camping+. Have traveled much of the Rocky Mountain West from NW Wyoming down through Colorado (home), New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. Also the Pacific Northwest, mainly Washington. Heading out in a month for a 2 week trip back to the PacNW, then down the coast through Oregon, Northern California, then back across through Yosemite and Nevada, with hopefully a stop in Great Basin to check out the Bristlecones. I am a 3D animator and photographer and love to wander. Have big plans for my Wrangler but am taking it slow, intentionally dialing him in for how I wish to travel: as light as nimble as possible. Have enjoyed learning all the new tech/techniques that have developed in recent years. So much new to learn... really excited to connect with such an active and like-minded community.
Welcome to the community John! I look forward to learning more from your experience. Which part of FOCO are you ? I'm in the SW corner. Hopefully we can meet up and get out some time soon! Feel free to reach out about anything! I hope your trip to the PNW goes well and is unimpeded by the fires out there. Cheers!

jbcrane

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Crane
Member #

Welcome to the community John! I look forward to learning more from your experience. Which part of FOCO are you ? I'm in the SW corner. Hopefully we can meet up and get out some time soon! Feel free to reach out about anything! I hope your trip to the PNW goes well and is unimpeded by the fires out there. Cheers!
Hi Aleem, thanks very much, and howdy neighbor! We are in SE FoCo, going on 22 years now. Both my wife and I attended CSU - left, then returned. It's such a great town, though seems to be a little busier than when attending college ;-). Brand new to OB and learning the ropes. Much as changed in the past few years (!) and it's fun to catch up while preparing for upcoming trip. Welcome the opportunity to meet up some time soon. Thanks for saying hello.

zhookassian

Rank II

Contributor III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Zareh
Last Name
Hookassian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4OOH
Service Branch
US Army
Hi Overlanders!

My name is "Hook" a nickname I've had for a long time. I've been off-roading since I was 18 years old in my first 4wd a 1983 Toyota 4x4 P/U. I left that realm a while back but I am back now at age 56.

I plan on getting back to overland travel/camping. I recently picked up a gem of a vehicle.
My rig is a bone stock 2006 LX-470 with 59K miles on it.. It is in fantastic condition inside and out. I almost hate the upgrades I am planning. (suspension, tires, front and rear bumpers)
I am in Nashville, TN. My overlanding experience is at a Novice level.

Looking forward to getting more involved with this community, especially the Mid-TN area members.

Hook

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi Overlanders!

My name is "Hook" a nickname I've had for a long time. I've been off-roading since I was 18 years old in my first 4wd a 1983 Toyota 4x4 P/U. I left that realm a while back but I am back now at age 56.

I plan on getting back to overland travel/camping. I recently picked up a gem of a vehicle.
My rig is a bone stock 2006 LX-470 with 59K miles on it.. It is in fantastic condition inside and out. I almost hate the upgrades I am planning. (suspension, tires, front and rear bumpers)

Looking forward to getting more involved with this community, especially the Mid-TN area members.

Hook
Welcome, Hook, from Arizona!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thanks Rich. I passed through there many years ago and was struck by its barrenness in contrast with the mountains just up the road. Definitely some potential photographs in that unique place. I've been reading up on the bristlecones in Great Basin National Park and intrigued. I do not know, however, whether the fires this year have impacted the area. We'll see...
Sequoia NP is also a must see when in that neighborhood. So many places so little time.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi Overlanders!

Hook
Hello Hook, welcome to Overland Bound.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi Overlanders!

Hook
Hello Hook, welcome to the OB family.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi,

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Hello Bobby, welcome to the OB community. Great looking trailer.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I'm new to overlanding but very experienced in camping. I'm hoping to be getting an overland trailer w/rtt soon and start enjoying more remote places of the outdoors in style.
Ride: 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road
Experience: Novice
Hello Shannon, welcome to the OB community.