freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Greetings, new member here from Fort Collins, Colorado. Lots of questions, excited to connect with like minded folks. Will be heading out next month for two weeks and hoping to make the trip better through Overlanding Bound. Just wanting to say hello.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

jbcrane

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Crane
Member #

Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks very much. Brand new and learning the ropes here. Looks like I forgot to mention a few things, so:
1) Meet Max: Jeep at the Cabin.jpg
2) Located in Fort Collins, Colorado
3) 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, purchased brand new in April this year.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Been roaming the Rocky Mountain West for 40+ years in various vehicles from Subaru's to Pick Up's with camper shells and my favorite, the Wildernest. Before I heard the term Overlanding we thought of it as car camping+. Have traveled much of the Rocky Mountain West from NW Wyoming down through Colorado (home), New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. Also the Pacific Northwest, mainly Washington. Heading out in a month for a 2 week trip back to the PacNW, then down the coast through Oregon, Northern California, then back across through Yosemite and Nevada, with hopefully a stop in Great Basin to check out the Bristlecones. I am a 3D animator and photographer and love to wander. Have big plans for my Wrangler but am taking it slow, intentionally dialing him in for how I wish to travel: as light as nimble as possible. Have enjoyed learning all the new tech/techniques that have developed in recent years. So much new to learn... really excited to connect with such an active and like-minded community.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi,

My wife, son, and dog love the outdoors. We live in Colorado and while we are experienced tent campers, we wanted to get into overlanding to be able to access more areas to hike and explore. I have a 2009 Honda Ridgeline (standard) and a 2021 High Altitude Trailers XT-50. Charles at Earthship Overland in Denver recommended this site to us. Very new to this, so open to feedback, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

-Bobby

View attachment 207022
Hello Bobby, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Punk'n_Willy

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone! Long time outdoorsman just getting into this exciting world of overlanding. I’m mainly getting into this so I can escape the monotony of city life in Los Angeles and enjoy some peace in the wilderness with my two kids with relative ease compared to the backpacking I’m used to.

I look forward to meet you all in the future!

I currently run a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado z71.
Hello Kevin, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone. Complete novice at overlanding, but I have done a lot of high altitude climbing and spent months at a time in a tent. Had kids, left all that behind (wife didn't like the risk associated to it) but am keen to get back into the outdoors, albeit without the risk. Tried camping in a tent a few weeks ago, I'm too old to be on the ground so it looks like truck camping is where I am heading - probably ease into it with over night trips, weekend trip and eventually extend it out to week long and longer trips (or permanently? when I retire?) and Ive had a chance to iron out the kinks in my setup.

First stop - time to buy a truck.

(located in Atlanta, but 50% of my time is in the bay area).

Martin
Hello Martin, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all,

I’m Ryan from Charleston, SC. New to overlanding and in the process of setting up my truck. Looking to find a community to get into and go out on the trails with and setup camp. I’m 22 years old and work full time. I am looking for something to do on weekends off work and this is something I am very excited for!
Hello Ryan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Greetings, new member here from Fort Collins, Colorado. Lots of questions, excited to connect with like minded folks. Will be heading out next month for two weeks and hoping to make the trip better through Overlanding Bound. Just wanting to say hello.
Hello John, welcome to the OB family.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Welcome, John, from Arizona!

Wranglervirus

Local Expert North/East Europe

Advocate III

Žuvų gatvė 9-2, Šakiai, 47412 Lithuania
First Name
Tomas
Last Name
Karlonas
Member #

Hi There Tobias,

great to see a Jeep guy at least curently untill we deside to go to other brand :D

Hey vogts,

my name is Tobias, 33 years old, or young - yepp young is the better choice-
I live in Germany and always was a car guy.

Worked as a car salesman first, the last 10 years I am service team member and take care of my customer's cars.

I love nature, till now I enjoy it while I am out on a hunt.

In future, my girl and I want to travel the world with our car.

This is why I am here. To get in touch with other people who love this way of life and to gather some inspirations for my rig.

Until now, my Rig - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2CRD - is bone stock.

I am happy to be here.

Best regards

Tobias

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Guess I should do one of them thar intro messages. I was originally debating on just joining the forums until I get a little further along my plans or just go all in, took the latter.

Jason, currently based in Memphis, TN with a shiny new WK2 that I'm aiming to equip as something of a light stealth overland vehicle. Yeah, I know, sounds strange. For the Cliff's Notes version, this is a daily driver vehicle, along for some highway trips and the like, so first priority was comfort (hence the WK2 over a JL). The stealth part comes in as my goal is to equip is such that it still looks pretty stock (Chief front guard for example, and working on some ideas for an easy to remove drawer system) so that it looks like your average mall crawler but has what it needs underneath. :)

The last time I did anything resembling camping was the proverbial pull campground pull the car up and pitch a tent stuff. My goal is by early next year to be doing some at least dispersed camping, with an ultimate goal of doing some overlanding out west. That may be a bit further, but I'm starting to look for ideas now. So... here I am.

That said, also hoping to find some semi local folks to help with education along the way.
Welcome, Jason, from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey vogts,

my name is Tobias, 33 years old, or young - yepp young is the better choice-
I live in Germany and always was a car guy.

Worked as a car salesman first, the last 10 years I am service team member and take care of my customer's cars.

I love nature, till now I enjoy it while I am out on a hunt.

In future, my girl and I want to travel the world with our car.

This is why I am here. To get in touch with other people who love this way of life and to gather some inspirations for my rig.

Until now, my Rig - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2CRD - is bone stock.

I am happy to be here.

Best regards

Tobias
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi everyone. Complete novice at overlanding, but I have done a lot of high altitude climbing and spent months at a time in a tent. Had kids, left all that behind (wife didn't like the risk associated to it) but am keen to get back into the outdoors, albeit without the risk. Tried camping in a tent a few weeks ago, I'm too old to be on the ground so it looks like truck camping is where I am heading - probably ease into it with over night trips, weekend trip and eventually extend it out to week long and longer trips (or permanently? when I retire?) and Ive had a chance to iron out the kinks in my setup.

First stop - time to buy a truck.

(located in Atlanta, but 50% of my time is in the bay area).

Martin
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello from Ontario Canada. Running a 2011 Nissan Xterra. Experienced camper / outdoors person, overland novice.

2011 Xterra S
2.5” front lift, 2” rear. BFG KO2 33” tires.
Some mods including:
-full set of diy skid plates
-on board air compressor
-Auxbeam auxiliary controller
-XTP IMS
-Maxxhaul roof basket
-Uniden 520 cb radio
View attachment 205812
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello all. Just looking to see what’s up with folks in the overlanding arena. I have a 2020Tacoma OR Access Cab that I am setting up for overlanding. I am really intrigued with the latest designs of pullout camp kitchens.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone! New to Overlanding. I've camped in the past, fished and bird hunted. My wife and I love the outdoors and want to learn more. We are retired, live in North East Tarrant County, just outside Ft Worth, TX. I have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche Z71 that has never failed me! Very interested to learn what if any upgrades would be necessary for what we are looking to do.
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi all!

My name’s Clay. Upon buying a half-capable vehicle I’ve decided it’s time to begin after being a long time follower, but driving FWD wagons..

I’ve got a new Subaru Outback XT that’s just begging to go have fun. Nothing insane. AWD just can’t hang. But she’s my daily. The goal is to maximize drivability and overland potential to the best of my ability. She won’t keep up with a Tundra, but probably be more pleasant to take to work.

Anyhow, I’m out in Reno, NV, just getting started, and damn excited!
Welcome from Arizona!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello everyone! Been debating joining Overland Bound and finally pulled the trigger. I’ve been off-roading my entire life and recently moved to Steamboat Springs CO. I’m looking forward to meeting some of you all out on the trail! View attachment 205708
Welcome from Arizona!
Name is Jason, and just got my F150 a little over a week ago. Can't wait to get out there, explore. We typically do Broken Bow, OK; Grand Lake, CO; and other locations.

I have zero experience in overlanding, or four wheeling in general.
Welcome from Arizona!