Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey there, Jeremy from San Diego here, although you’ll find me on trails across the Southwest and Baja California most days. I am the owner of CampDad’s Adventure Co, and have multiple Jeeps for guest use, but my primary “rocklander” is a ‘99 Toyota 4Runner with all the things
Hello Jeremy, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

Reactions: Shahn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all!

I'm new to overlanding, coming over from a Jeep TJ rock crawler and doing my camping in a 5th wheel. I live in Columbia, South Carolina and hard core off roading is tuff to find here, but we have some great wilderness areas and a little dispersed or "Wild" camping in our national forest. Loving the whole car camping cross country vibe and I'm discovering places in my own state that I hadn't considered in the past - to mild to rock crawl to wild to 5th wheel. I've been slowly building out a 2007 Lexus GX470 and I love the capability and versatility it brings to my enjoyment of the great outdoor.

View attachment 205864
Hello Donald, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Bavaria-Germany,

My name is Alex and I'm from the southeastern part of bavaria near the alps. I'm doing a lot of overlanding in southern europe and on a car rental basis in the western part of the US and Canada.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon with lot's of modifications.
Let's find some new friends worldwide and interesting routes and places to be.
Hello Alex, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and AlexM

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello, my name is Javier, I’m out of Southern California. I have many years of experience off road and have made many mistakes to gain experience, luckily none too catastrophic. I drive a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road.
Hello Javier, welcome to the OB family.

raburton12

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Ellijay, Gilmer County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Hello, I’m Rob and I’m completely new to Overlanding. This all started with my desire to build out a camper van, which I did. I took a Ford Econoline 150 (paid $1100) and gutted it and built out the inside on my own. Which is a great accomplishment for me because I have ZERO carpentry skills!!! I built the van because I wanted to get out and see the less visited spots and that is the only way I knew to do it. Somewhere along the way I was introduced to Overlanding. But I didn’t have a vehicle to do that with so I sold the van and bought an “Adventure” camper. Long story short, I don’t like pulling something. So that brings us to the present, I’m in the process of selling my camper to put towards an SUV to build out (slowly and cost effectively) as a vehicle to get out on the backroads.

As of this moment I don’t have a vehicle but I’m leaning towards a Toyota 4 Runner or something similar. I’d love some input on this. What are the best mods to make first?

Anyway that’s the short version of what brought me to Overland Bound.

Looking forward to meeting some new people and getting out on the dirt.

Rob
Hello and welcome to the OB family!
Thanks, just got a4Runner so I’m ready to dig in and get.

raburton12

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Hello, I’m Rob and I’m completely new to Overlanding. This all started with my desire to build out a camper van, which I did. I took a Ford Econoline 150 (paid $1100) and gutted it and built out the inside on my own. Which is a great accomplishment for me because I have ZERO carpentry skills!!! I built the van because I wanted to get out and see the less visited spots and that is the only way I knew to do it. Somewhere along the way I was introduced to Overlanding. But I didn’t have a vehicle to do that with so I sold the van and bought an “Adventure” camper. Long story short, I don’t like pulling something. So that brings us to the present, I’m in the process of selling my camper to put towards an SUV to build out (slowly and cost effectively) as a vehicle to get out on the backroads.

As of this moment I don’t have a vehicle but I’m leaning towards a Toyota 4 Runner or something similar. I’d love some input on this. What are the best mods to make first?

Rob
Hello Rob, welcome to the OB family.
Thanks, good to meet you

Reactions: Shahn and roots66

raburton12

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Rob
Hello Rob, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks, glad to be onboard.

raburton12

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Burton
Member #

Rob
Hello Rob and welcome to Overland Bound!
Thanks, glad to be onboard.

NFaridi

Rank I

Contributor III

Long Island, NY, USA
First Name
Najeeb
Last Name
Faridi
Hi all!
Excited to be a part of this group which seems to be filled with really cool and helpful people!

I've been a car guy my whole life until we got a wrangler 3 years ago when I had my first daughter. That got me into wanting to learn all about off-roading and despite having only experienced driving on a beach (which is all we have near me), I've just been dying to learn more and get out to do some actual off-roading on trails and such. We had a set of twins last year, so we stepped into a larger vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Sequoia. I love this thing and every where it allows our family to explore. In the past 9 months of having this vehicle, we've already done about 8 road trips in the north-east area.

I'm from Long Island, NY - Suffolk County area.
My experience is pretty limited, pretty much entirely to driving on the beach from really rocky sand to super soft sand lol.

Notable mods so far would be:
20" fuel rims with a set of K02's just a hair over 34", ARB onboard dual air compressor, TRD pro front skid plate, and a set of cali raised ditch lights.
Future mods are some kind of 2-2.5" lift, Gobi ladder, some kind of roof rack that will mount to my stock roof rails and allow me to mount maxxtrax's, shovel, side led lights, and possibly a rooftop cargo box.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey there, Jeremy from San Diego here, although you’ll find me on trails across the Southwest and Baja California most days. I am the owner of CampDad’s Adventure Co, and have multiple Jeeps for guest use, but my primary “rocklander” is a ‘99 Toyota 4Runner with all the things
Hello Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all!

I'm new to overlanding, coming over from a Jeep TJ rock crawler and doing my camping in a 5th wheel. I live in Columbia, South Carolina and hard core off roading is tuff to find here, but we have some great wilderness areas and a little dispersed or "Wild" camping in our national forest. Loving the whole car camping cross country vibe and I'm discovering places in my own state that I hadn't considered in the past - to mild to rock crawl to wild to 5th wheel. I've been slowly building out a 2007 Lexus GX470 and I love the capability and versatility it brings to my enjoyment of the great outdoor.

View attachment 205864
Hello Donald, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello from Bavaria-Germany,

My name is Alex and I'm from the southeastern part of bavaria near the alps. I'm doing a lot of overlanding in southern europe and on a car rental basis in the western part of the US and Canada.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon with lot's of modifications.
Let's find some new friends worldwide and interesting routes and places to be.
Hello Alex, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all!
Excited to be a part of this group which seems to be filled with really cool and helpful people!

I've been a car guy my whole life until we got a wrangler 3 years ago when I had my first daughter. That got me into wanting to learn all about off-roading and despite having only experienced driving on a beach (which is all we have near me), I've just been dying to learn more and get out to do some actual off-roading on trails and such. We had a set of twins last year, so we stepped into a larger vehicle, a 2013 Toyota Sequoia. I love this thing and every where it allows our family to explore. In the past 9 months of having this vehicle, we've already done about 8 road trips in the north-east area.

My experience is pretty limited, pretty much entirely to driving on the beach from really rocky sand to super soft sand lol.

20" fuel rims with a set of K02's just a hair over 34", ARB onboard dual air compressor, TRD pro front skid plate, and a set of cali raised ditch lights.
Future mods are some kind of 2-2.5" lift, Gobi ladder, some kind of roof rack that will mount to my stock roof rails and allow me to mount maxxtrax's, shovel, side led lights, and possibly a rooftop cargo box.

Hello Najeeb, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and NFaridi

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all!

Hello Najeeb, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and NFaridi

SCUBAW

Rank III

Member III

Winchester, Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Whelan
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello everyone,
Brand new member. I decided that I would really enjoy exploring after recently retiring. My wife is adamant that we get a small travel trailer to visit the national parks and forests. I recently purchased a 21 Ram Rebel thinking it could do both. I’m definitely a newbie on dirt. I’m looking for the exploring not rock crawling. Looking forward to meeting like minded folks on the trail.

Steve

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone,
Brand new member. I decided that I would really enjoy exploring after recently retiring. My wife is adamant that we get a small travel trailer to visit the national parks and forests. I recently purchased a 21 Ram Rebel thinking it could do both. I’m definitely a newbie on dirt. I’m looking for the exploring not rock crawling. Looking forward to meeting like minded folks on the trail.

Steve
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: SCUBAW and Shahn

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Hello everyone! New to Overlanding. I've camped in the past, fished and bird hunted. My wife and I love the outdoors and want to learn more. We are retired, live in North East Tarrant County, just outside Ft Worth, TX. I have a 2005 Chevy Avalanche Z71 that has never failed me! Very interested to learn what if any upgrades would be necessary for what we are looking to do.
Hello and Welcome to the OB family!