Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone, new members here…

We are a couple from the UK that have had a dream to travel the world.
After both loosing a parent in 2019 we decided to sell everything and travel full time.
We have a 2011 Nissan Navara/3.0l V6 diesel with a Fourwheel camper that we live in full time.

Due to the pandemic we have been stuck in the Uk, but not anymore….
We are now in Mexico waiting for our truck to arrive
Once land borders open we will be heading up to the US
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Contributor III

Mexico
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Collett

After both loosing a parent in 2019 we decided to sell everything and travel full time.
We have a 2011 Nissan Navara/3.0l V6 diesel with a Fourwheel camper that we live in full time.

Hello Steve, welcome to the OB family.
Thank you

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All. New member from the Bay Area.

My wife and I are new to overlanding and have built up her 2020 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road. We are looking forward to getting out much more.

Thanks,
Ryan

View attachment 205029
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
On your profile page could you narrow down your location to a city or county, this helps members send you information about upcoming events.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Reactions: Shahn and neodex12

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Here is a page that might help you out;
If you need any local information you can contact one of our Regional Directors who can put you in contact with a local Member Representative.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo - East in VA, Mountain West in CO, West in AZ
https://overlandexpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here!

My Tata (grandpa) took us on an annual camping trip down to Baja California or east county San Diego. I admired his overland/camping gear and I always knew I would someday build my own gear and rig. Happy to be here and learn from all you.
I'm a UI/UX Designer (basically web design); I spend the whole day at home in front of my laptop so camping/overlanding in my 2021 JLUR is my dream escape. (my previous vehicle was a 2015 Prius C :sweatsmile:)
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello New here and getting ready for some fun adventures
Rig: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Experience: Experienced on the backpacking Camping, Novice on the off road portion
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We are the Shaws from East Texas. Yep a couple from Texas by accident got into overlanding and rock climbing because I had to officiate our sons wedding on top of the world in Moab and loved it. We decided to downsize from our class A and bought a Opus 4. We are so excited to get back off road. Look forward to really making overland trips for weeks. Look forward to seeing yall on the trail . Thank you for the invite.
Welcome to Overland Bound Shaws
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: roots66 and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Pocono PA, I hope everyone is doing great! My name is Dory and I happened to come across this site and found it very informative. My wife and I have never been overlanding or off road except for gravel and dirt trails. We both love the outdoors and found overlanding very interesting. we currently own a 2012 Subaru outback 2.5 and 2014 Lexus lx 570 (both stock) that we use for camping and would like to eventually build one of the vehicles up to do more challenging trails. Hope to meet some of you on the trails...
Welcome to Overland Bound Dory
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Wawa Skittletits
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Contributor III

Mexico
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Collett

Here is a page that might help you out;
If you need any local information you can contact one of our Regional Directors who can put you in contact with a local Member Representative.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Thanks for the info

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How goes it everyone,
just getting back in to tours and adventures after returning to Australia from the U.K. Have got myself a Mazda BT50 tray back and getting a canopy with solar fitted next week. I then have the best bit of setting up the canopy for adventures.. will start looking thru the forums for ideas. Sounds like there is huge amount of info and knowledge out there.
Take it easy
Kyrone
Welcome to Overland Bound Kyrone
Your Regional Director is @bjy10 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello my name is James West. I’m new to overlanding from the Denver area. I’m getting into overlanding to show my kids there is more to life then video games and YouTube. I drive a ram 2020 power wagon.
Welcome to Overland Bound James
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, I'm completely new here and completely new to overlanding. Not new to camping or anything, but it has been a while. Got my Eagle scout at 18, and that's about when I stopped camping, but I'm so ready to get back into everything.
I'm in Columbia, SC (US) and probably will start exploring around here first.
Just bought a 2020 Toyota 4Runner (unrelated to any camping/overlanding goal, just was what I wanted next).

I'm really eager to get started with stuff, but I know I've got a lot to (re)learn and need to get at least some basic gear, but can't wait to start!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Terry, living in the Reno, Nevada area. I have enjoyed camping my whole life but I am new to the overlanding community. My vehicle is a 2018 Subaru Outback (Gray Lady). I’m very aware of what this vehicle can NOT do and I’m excited to learn what it can do with the proper guidance. I look forward to meeting like minded folks who are willing to help me navigate this new adventure. Thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound Terry
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins

neodex12

Rank II

Contributor III

Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Sarmiento
Member #

Hi All. New member from the Bay Area.

My wife and I are new to overlanding and have built up her 2020 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road. We are looking forward to getting out much more.

Thanks,
Ryan

View attachment 205029
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
On your profile page could you narrow down your location to a city or county, this helps members send you information about upcoming events.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®
Will do. Thanks for the other info.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

From Montana, lived in Wyoming and now live in Northeast Colorado. I grew up on a ranch that did guided hunts and pack trips. I have been on fire crews, worked briefly as an EMT and contracted to the USFS as a packer. Moved on from most of that but my family and I still love the outdoors and do a lot of dispersed camping around us. I have a 1978 Ford Bronco that I am building for being more mobile so that we can get a bit further back from time to time, it's a work in progress. I also have a F350 that is capable but not ideal. My wife sold her Tacoma because my family outgrew it, and it had 285K miles. I've not been on any long term long distance trips but not opposed to it when life makes room, so for now we are weekend warriors and good with that. Look forward to sharing life's experiences with all of you. Thanks
Welcome to Colorado! We have a pretty active group here in Co but I'm definitely going to have to pick your brain about cool places to camp in Wyoming. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with that Bronco. Please feel free to reach out if there's anything I can assist with.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
New member here!

My Tata (grandpa) took us on an annual camping trip down to Baja California or east county San Diego. I admired his overland/camping gear and I always knew I would someday build my own gear and rig. Happy to be here and learn from all you.
I'm a UI/UX Designer (basically web design); I spend the whole day at home in front of my laptop so camping/overlanding in my 2021 JLUR is my dream escape. (my previous vehicle was a 2015 Prius C :sweatsmile:)
Hello and welcome to the Overland Bound world Misael!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

Hello Steve and welcome to Overland Bound, and welcome to North America!

Reactions: Kent R