Advocate III

Fishers, Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Monk
Member #

Howdy do y’all!
I’m Megan. I’m living in the PNW with my 2016 T4R adventuring all that we can!
I’m definitely a desert girl and find myself deep in nowheres of sagebrush.
I’ve been out exploring and finding new hidden gems since 2017. Every year the trips go farther and get more exciting.
Also a novice rock hound and photographer
Thanks for having me aboard.
Looking foretold meeting some amazing folks and learning new tricks n tips!
Hello Megan, welcome to the OB family.
Welcome and Happy Trails.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Howdy do y’all!
I’ve been out exploring and finding new hidden gems since 2017. Every year the trips go farther and get more exciting.
Hello Megan and welcome from a fellow PNW'er!

Reactions: Kent R

DMann

Rank III

Contributor I

Turlock, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Mann
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Veteran
Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com
Thank you! I will definitely check that out. Would love to get involved. Jeep is still stock, so will ultimately be a bit limited but I've done rides like Mt Patterson/Leavitt lake/Sierra Buttes with my stock Jeep so am confident I'd be able to do at least some of the events!

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma, (a lot to list for mods so a general overview) OME BP51 lift, 35’s, Eaton E-locker up front, homemade camper I designed on cad!
Experience: Moderate, usually about 15-20 nights camping a year and I’ve been into off-roading since I had a license, headed down to Moab for a second year in a row!
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @Ubiety is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Howdy do y’all!
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.

I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).

Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.

Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.

Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.

Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.

Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.

Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.

Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy do y’all!
Hello Megan, welcome to Overland Bound.

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Welcome, Jules! I grew up south of Denver, it’s grown quite a lot over the years!

Jules526

Rank I

Contributor III

Larkspur, Douglas County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Julius
Last Name
Doelle
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Welcome, Jules! I grew up south of Denver, it’s grown quite a lot over the years!
It’s crazy, there’s hardly any area left between c springs and Denver that isn’t developed anymore.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy do y’all!
Welcome to Overland Bound Megan
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo - East in VA, Mountain West in CO, West in AZ
https://overlandexpo.com

Reactions: Meigunnn

Trippy71

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Bellwood, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Walter
Member #

Hello All ‘ very green new member.
My overlanding journey has just started with the purchase of this little gem (pictured). No laughing out loud .
I’ve been watching a lot of really great YouTube Vlogs and plan to go to the 2021 overland expo in October to get some great idea and more knowledge. Looking forward to diving in and learning.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My overlanding journey has just started with the purchase of this little gem (pictured). No laughing out loud .
I’ve been watching a lot of really great YouTube Vlogs and plan to go to the 2021 overland expo in October to get some great idea and more knowledge. Looking forward to diving in and learning.
Hello Edward, welcome to Overland Bound, I think your choice in vehicles is great.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Edward, welcome to OB! Sweet Rig!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Edward, welcome to the OB family.

TRD Sasquatch

Rank I

Contributor III

Oregon, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Fuegy
Hey All!

I'll get a rig posted when the new one arrives.

Current overlanding rig is a lifted Subaru WRX, dubbed the T-WRX (Trail WRX). The WRX has run the WABDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) South to North, and several other smaller treks. It has custom front/rear overlanding bumpers along with a winch and sits on A/T tires.
I was overlanding a Subaru Ascent (ODBR Route 4) but I moving up into a Tundra.
I would consider myself somewhere a little above novice but not yet intermediate, leaning towards novice with the move into a full-size truck.
I have a lot of recovery gear, but a lot will need to be re-purchased so it is properly rated for a Tundra (not a WRX - kinetic rope for example, big difference between 3500 lbs fully loaded and 5600 lbs starting unloaded!).

Picking up a 2021 Tundra 4x4 TRD Off-Road.

Hoping to get some advice on overlanding builds that are reliable. Nothing crazy. I am not swapping suspension (for the foreseeable future).

Out the door I need tires and sliders.
Right now I am looking at a 275/70 (33") 10-ply KO2. I might upgrade to some cheap steely bead-lockers if I can find them but right now new wheels aren't in the plan.
Still researching sliders; real time experience recommendations are preferred to 'online product reviews'. I know not all are built the same and I want to protect the cab.

I also rally the WRX, and tow it, so I plan on adding air-bags to the rear leaf springs to help with sag.
I am going to be mounting an onboard compressor to allow for easy inflation of tires when driving pavement; probably the Viair Heavy Duty OBA rated at 35". This will probably also happen sooner than later because my current tire pump is not rated for a 33" tire and overlanding without airing down.

Eventually I plan on doing front/rear overlanding bumpers and adding a winch up front (maybe rear).

Bed racks?
Cab racks?
There is a lot that can be done - and the build will continue over the life of the rig. What else? Anything I am missing moving up into a truck that is a 'must have'? Hope to have some good discussions with folks here.

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Hey All!

Current overlanding rig is a lifted Subaru WRX, dubbed the T-WRX (Trail WRX). The WRX has run the WABDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) South to North, and several other smaller treks. It has custom front/rear overlanding bumpers along with a winch and sits on A/T tires.
I would consider myself somewhere a little above novice but not yet intermediate, leaning towards novice with the move into a full-size truck.
I have a lot of recovery gear, but a lot will need to be re-purchased so it is properly rated for a Tundra (not a WRX - kinetic rope for example, big difference between 3500 lbs fully loaded and 5600 lbs starting unloaded!).

Hoping to get some advice on overlanding builds that are reliable. Nothing crazy. I am not swapping suspension (for the foreseeable future).

Right now I am looking at a 275/70 (33") 10-ply KO2. I might upgrade to some cheap steely bead-lockers if I can find them but right now new wheels aren't in the plan.
Still researching sliders; real time experience recommendations are preferred to 'online product reviews'. I know not all are built the same and I want to protect the cab.

I also rally the WRX, and tow it, so I plan on adding air-bags to the rear leaf springs to help with sag.
I am going to be mounting an onboard compressor to allow for easy inflation of tires when driving pavement; probably the Viair Heavy Duty OBA rated at 35". This will probably also happen sooner than later because my current tire pump is not rated for a 33" tire and overlanding without airing down.

Eventually I plan on doing front/rear overlanding bumpers and adding a winch up front (maybe rear).

Bed racks?
Cab racks?
There is a lot that can be done - and the build will continue over the life of the rig. What else? Anything I am missing moving up into a truck that is a 'must have'? Hope to have some good discussions with folks here.
Welcome! That’s quite an upgrade! Big Sexy Beast on YouTube has a Tundra TRD built out with a Decked system and an ARE MX topper. Seems cozy!

ernboto

Rank III

Explorer I

San Jose, California, United States
First Name
Ernie
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6OYP
Hello, I'm a "new" member. I figure it's time I introduced myself properly
I just picked up a dream rig, 1986 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60, previously owned a 2013 Nissan Frontier. I can't wait to properly outfit my ride for some outdoor adventures.
I'm a novice at overlanding but have experience camping at state and local campgrounds.

This is a great forum and I hope to learn a bunch from you all. Thanks

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just picked up a dream rig, 1986 Toyota Landcruiser FJ60, previously owned a 2013 Nissan Frontier. I can't wait to properly outfit my ride for some outdoor adventures.
I'm a novice at overlanding but have experience camping at state and local campgrounds.

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: ernboto and Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey All!

Bed racks?
Cab racks?
Hello Peter, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Hello Ernie, welcome to Overland Bound.