Jules526

Rank I

Contributor III

Larkspur, Douglas County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Julius
Last Name
Doelle
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Welcome to the community Jules ! We have quite an active group here in colorado.got quite a few active members around Denver, aurora and Highlands ranch area as well as around Colorado springs and many more sprinkled through out the state. I'm personally up in Fort Collins.

Overlanding on 2 wheels is quite the commitment! Going to 4 wheels is going to feel down right luxurious by comparison . Any idea what you are planning to get into ?

If you're up for it we have a number of trips coming up currently posted on rally point. If you have any questions or anything please feel free to reach out ! Looking forward to hopefully meeting you in person sometime in the near future.
So far the LR3/LR4 and Lexus LX/GX have peaked my interest. But something along that size. I’ll have to take a peak at the rally point and see what days the trips are, hopefully I can make it out for some soon!

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

So far the LR3/LR4 and Lexus LX/GX have peaked my interest. But something along that size. I’ll have to take a peak at the rally point and see what days the trips are, hopefully I can make it out for some soon!
we frequently have trail runs just pop up closer to the weekend. You can't go wrong with either of those selections. one of our members @Charles Drives Things has a GX build he's currently working on.

Jules526

Rank I

Contributor III

Larkspur, Douglas County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Julius
Last Name
Doelle
we frequently have trail runs just pop up closer to the weekend. You can't go wrong with either of those selections. one of our members @Charles Drives Things has a GX build he's currently working on.
I’ve got a ton more research to do before I pull the trigger on something. As for the trips is it okay to join for portions of the trip? I work a 48/96 schedule so my off days rotate throughout the month.

Brett- Asha- & Aunt Bea

Rank II

Contributor III

North Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Hi All, new member. Living in north Berkeley 1/2 the time, just north of Calistoga the other half. I have a pretty well tricked out '82 Westy with lift kit, off road springs - shocks - tires, wench, bitchin sound system, 300Watts of solar, 150 Amp hours battery storage, full tool kit, spare parts, fridge that serves as a mini bar basically, 2 burner range, water tank & sink, twin bed below and queen bed in the pop top. Basically, an off grid "Glamper". I'm somewhere between a novice and a expert, not a rock crawler, but I can get anywhere I wanna go and a sweet rig to have in your crew. This bus is a beast! A sweet, sweet beast. :)

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I’ve got a ton more research to do before I pull the trigger on something. As for the trips is it okay to join for portions of the trip? I work a 48/96 schedule so my off days rotate throughout the month.
It's absolutely fine! We occasionally have a trip where we will be moving each night which can make it more challenging to link up but I have a satellite communicator for those purposes. The upcoming trip in Sept to ouray we will be base camping which should make it easier to join. Just ask whoever is leading the trip and I'm sure we can figure out something to make things work !

DMann

Rank III

Contributor I

Turlock, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Mann
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Veteran
Hello all,

Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

I am new here, just signed up. I've already utilized the map on here to save a few overland spots I plan to check out in the Plumas National Forest the weekend of the 30th.

I don't have anything special done to my Jeep yet, but it's in the works and handles almost anything I've thrown at it so far. I have a Jeep JL Sahara.

Look forward to meeting you sometime at a rally!

V/R
David

Attachments

Last edited:

Tkirkley

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Tacoma, Washington, United States
First Name
Trystan
Last Name
Kirkley
Member #

Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma, (a lot to list for mods so a general overview) OME BP51 lift, 35’s, Eaton E-locker up front, homemade camper I designed on cad!
Experience: Moderate, usually about 15-20 nights camping a year and I’ve been into off-roading since I had a license, headed down to Moab for a second year in a row!

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi All, new member. Living in north Berkeley 1/2 the time, just north of Calistoga the other half. I have a pretty well tricked out '82 Westy with lift kit, off road springs - shocks - tires, wench, bitchin sound system, 300Watts of solar, 150 Amp hours battery storage, full tool kit, spare parts, fridge that serves as a mini bar basically, 2 burner range, water tank & sink, twin bed below and queen bed in the pop top. Basically, an off grid "Glamper". I'm somewhere between a novice and a expert, not a rock crawler, but I can get anywhere I wanna go and a sweet rig to have in your crew. This bus is a beast! A sweet, sweet beast. :)
Hello Brett, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello all,

I am new here, just signed up. I've already utilized the map on here to save a few overland spots I plan to check out in the Plumas National Forest the weekend of the 30th.

I don't have anything special done to my Jeep yet, but it's in the works and handles almost anything I've thrown at it so far. I have a Jeep JL Sahara.

V/R
David
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service. :)

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma, (a lot to list for mods so a general overview) OME BP51 lift, 35’s, Eaton E-locker up front, homemade camper I designed on cad!
Experience: Moderate, usually about 15-20 nights camping a year and I’ve been into off-roading since I had a license, headed down to Moab for a second year in a row!
Hello Trystan, welcome to Overland Bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just found and joined. My wife and I have no experience of overlanding but love to off-road.

Vehicle: 2015 Jeep JK 2dr
Experience: Beginner ready to get on the road and start.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is; MO @Paris0514, AR @BlueLineOverland, KS @T. Stanley, OK @Iwata77
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo - East in VA, Mountain West in CO, West in AZ
https://overlandexpo.com

Reactions: Tkirkley and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

V/R
David
Welcome to Overland Bound David
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike
Overland Bound Meetups
If you are interested there is a meet-up close to you;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Manteca/Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Reactions: DMann and Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jules
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! North North Jersey here.
New to the forum, New to Overlanding, Just starting modifying my rig.
Thanks for creating this, it is great! Pictures coming soon.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.
Check out the Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com