Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Outlanders :)

I'm Jim from Fremont, CA. and I'm excited to be here. I recently bought my first Jeep, (2021 Gladiator) and i couldn't be any happier with it. Still so so so much to learn, do i wave, do i not wave, can they even see me? lol. I've had FJ-40s in the past and those were great but i haven't had a 4x4 in over 20 years so there's that. I feel so green again with regards to off-roading. i just need to get out there on those bunny slopes for a while. Overlanding looks like an awesome excuse to trick out our vehicles, hang out with cool peoples and camp more so I'm all for that... Hope to see you out and about on your adventures

Take Care

View attachment 204344View attachment 204345View attachment 204347
Welcome to Overland Bound Jim
The Gladiator is a great platform, have fun with the build.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Shahn

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello all,

I am new here, just signed up. I've already utilized the map on here to save a few overland spots I plan to check out in the Plumas National Forest the weekend of the 30th.

I don't have anything special done to my Jeep yet, but it's in the works and handles almost anything I've thrown at it so far. I have a Jeep JL Sahara.

Look forward to meeting you sometime at a rally!

V/R
David
Glad you said hello and welcome. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Ripon CA there is a meet up on the third Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Central California group has number of plans already laid out for June through November.

This is the regular meet up info

www.overlandbound.com

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi All, new member. Living in north Berkeley 1/2 the time, just north of Calistoga the other half. I have a pretty well tricked out '82 Westy with lift kit, off road springs - shocks - tires, wench, bitchin sound system, 300Watts of solar, 150 Amp hours battery storage, full tool kit, spare parts, fridge that serves as a mini bar basically, 2 burner range, water tank & sink, twin bed below and queen bed in the pop top. Basically, an off grid "Glamper". I'm somewhere between a novice and a expert, not a rock crawler, but I can get anywhere I wanna go and a sweet rig to have in your crew. This bus is a beast! A sweet, sweet beast. :)
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

I'm Jim from Fremont, CA. and I'm excited to be here. I recently bought my first Jeep, (2021 Gladiator) and i couldn't be any happier with it. Still so so so much to learn, do i wave, do i not wave, can they even see me? lol. I've had FJ-40s in the past and those were great but i haven't had a 4x4 in over 20 years so there's that. I feel so green again with regards to off-roading. i just need to get out there on those bunny slopes for a while. Overlanding looks like an awesome excuse to trick out our vehicles, hang out with cool peoples and camp more so I'm all for that... Hope to see you out and about on your adventures

Take Care

Nice Juck, Treep? :)

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi All, new member. Living in north Berkeley 1/2 the time, just north of Calistoga the other half. I have a pretty well tricked out '82 Westy with lift kit, off road springs - shocks - tires, wench, bitchin sound system, 300Watts of solar, 150 Amp hours battery storage, full tool kit, spare parts, fridge that serves as a mini bar basically, 2 burner range, water tank & sink, twin bed below and queen bed in the pop top. Basically, an off grid "Glamper". I'm somewhere between a novice and a expert, not a rock crawler, but I can get anywhere I wanna go and a sweet rig to have in your crew. This bus is a beast! A sweet, sweet beast. :)
Hello Brett, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all,

I am new here, just signed up. I've already utilized the map on here to save a few overland spots I plan to check out in the Plumas National Forest the weekend of the 30th.

I don't have anything special done to my Jeep yet, but it's in the works and handles almost anything I've thrown at it so far. I have a Jeep JL Sahara.

V/R
David
Hello David, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma, (a lot to list for mods so a general overview) OME BP51 lift, 35’s, Eaton E-locker up front, homemade camper I designed on cad!
Experience: Moderate, usually about 15-20 nights camping a year and I’ve been into off-roading since I had a license, headed down to Moab for a second year in a row!
Hello Trystan, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just found and joined. My wife and I have no experience of overlanding but love to off-road.

Vehicle: 2015 Jeep JK 2dr
Experience: Beginner ready to get on the road and start.
Hello Chad, welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Hello Jules, and welcome to OB!

Reactions: Kent R and Jules526

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Brett, welcome to the OB family!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello all,

V/R
David
Hello David and welcome! Thank you for your service!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Vehicle: 2017 Tacoma, (a lot to list for mods so a general overview) OME BP51 lift, 35’s, Eaton E-locker up front, homemade camper I designed on cad!
Experience: Moderate, usually about 15-20 nights camping a year and I’ve been into off-roading since I had a license, headed down to Moab for a second year in a row!
Hello Trystan and welcome from the other side of town!

Reactions: Kent R and Tkirkley

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran

Take Care

Welcome and love the theme!!

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Welcome Jules!

4L_Warrior

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

East Bay Ca.
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Galvan
Member #

Take Care

Welcome Jim!

That Jeep is WAY to clean ..I'm just about 20 min north of you.

Ed

Meigunnn

Rank I

Member I

Longview, WA, USA
First Name
Megan
Last Name
Marfiak
Member #

Howdy do y’all!
I’m Megan. I’m living in the PNW with my 2016 T4R adventuring all that we can!
I’m definitely a desert girl and find myself deep in nowheres of sagebrush.
I’ve been out exploring and finding new hidden gems since 2017. Every year the trips go farther and get more exciting.
Also a novice rock hound and photographer
Thanks for having me aboard.
Looking foretold meeting some amazing folks and learning new tricks n tips!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy do y’all!
I’ve been out exploring and finding new hidden gems since 2017. Every year the trips go farther and get more exciting.
Hello Megan, welcome to the OB family.

2Monks-MATACO

Rank V

Advocate III

Fishers, Hamilton County, Indiana, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Monk
Member #

Howdy do y’all!
Hello Megan, welcome to the OB family.
Welcome and Happy Trails.