freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Always been a big camping and outdoor person. I wouldn't say I'm a newbie, but officially never overlanded before by the strictest definition of the term. I'm a car guy(and motorcycles) and I'm at the point in my life where I have a little extra money & time, so why not? Bought a 2010 Jeep Commander last month and have LOTS of stuff on order for it. Hope to have it all done by end of August and I will be looking for advice from other Commander owners about the best way to mount a RTT among other things. Thanks & Happy to be a part of the Forum!
Hello Ronald, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All! New Member.

Portland, Oregon
2006 Nissan Xterra MT 4WD
Casually been going off-road for years. Noob compared to most of you.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Shahn

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Always been a big camping and outdoor person. I wouldn't say I'm a newbie, but officially never overlanded before by the strictest definition of the term. I'm a car guy(and motorcycles) and I'm at the point in my life where I have a little extra money & time, so why not? Bought a 2010 Jeep Commander last month and have LOTS of stuff on order for it. Hope to have it all done by end of August and I will be looking for advice from other Commander owners about the best way to mount a RTT among other things. Thanks & Happy to be a part of the Forum!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan
Check out this section of the forum for your build questions;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

This is Justin from Buffalo MN. I drive a 2012 Wrangler, too many miles on pavement but some of those heading west. Experience level is novice really, a couple solo/family trips through the Rockies and into desert country. EFRT was our intro and inspiration, looking forward to learning from the OB community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Justin
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!
My name is Tim.
Located in Bothell WA
I’ve got a 98 4Runner that’s my baby.
Last year my wife and I did our first real over land trip on the WA BDR and we’re hooked.
We’ve always been into backpacking and camping so this is the obvious next thing for us.
Done a ton of recent upgrades to the rig including new motor, onboard air, roof top tent, and heavy maintenance trying to get it ready for some upcoming adventures
Welcome to Overland Bound Tim
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Reactions: Shahn and Twayson

SYPER

Rank I

Contributor II

Fremont, CA. USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Eastman
Hello Outlanders :)

I'm Jim from Fremont, CA. and I'm excited to be here. I recently bought my first Jeep, (2021 Gladiator) and i couldn't be any happier with it. Still so so so much to learn, do i wave, do i not wave, can they even see me? lol. I've had FJ-40s in the past and those were great but i haven't had a 4x4 in over 20 years so there's that. I feel so green again with regards to off-roading. i just need to get out there on those bunny slopes for a while. Overlanding looks like an awesome excuse to trick out our vehicles, hang out with cool peoples and camp more so I'm all for that... Hope to see you out and about on your adventures

Take Care

20210611_170624.jpg20210611_170650.jpg20210523_072559.jpg

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello and welcome Ronald!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549

I'm Jim from Fremont, CA. and I'm excited to be here. I recently bought my first Jeep, (2021 Gladiator) and i couldn't be any happier with it. Still so so so much to learn, do i wave, do i not wave, can they even see me? lol. I've had FJ-40s in the past and those were great but i haven't had a 4x4 in over 20 years so there's that. I feel so green again with regards to off-roading. i just need to get out there on those bunny slopes for a while. Overlanding looks like an awesome excuse to trick out our vehicles, hang out with cool peoples and camp more so I'm all for that... Hope to see you out and about on your adventures

Take Care

View attachment 204344View attachment 204345View attachment 204347
Hello Jim, welcome to the OB family!

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Take Care

Hello Jim, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

Jules526

Rank I

Contributor III

Larkspur, Douglas County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Julius
Last Name
Doelle
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey all, my name is Julius but I go by Jules. I’m not new to overlanding, but new to the site. So far all my adventures have been in my 2014 F800GS. But I’ve decided to sell that and restart with something with four wheels. I’m not entirely sure what I’ll be replacing the bike with but I’m open to suggestions! I’m located south of Denver, CO. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully being able to learn a lot from the forum.
Hello Jules, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Take Care

Hello Jim, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
H
Hello Jules, welcome to Overland Bound.