Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Meet Jabari, this is my 2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GTD-6 4x4. She's set up for overlanding Africa, but we are constantly tweaking and changing the set up!

View attachment 204166

I'm technically based out of Johannesburg South Africa, but I sold my house pre covid, and other than occasionally staying with family, we are permanently on the road.

I'm very experienced in Southern Africa, have a little bit of experience in East/Central and Sahel, but I know it is a small pond in the big picture of overlanding. Here to learn and maybe lend some advice if anyone is looking to come to this part of the world!

Edit: Got too excited to post. Also wanted to say my background is in photography and film making, and please check out my channel over at www.youtube.com/c/timhulme :)
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello! Just wanted to hop on and say hi. My name is Sam and my husband and I are from TC, Michigan! We love traveling and with him being in the army previously we’ve both traveled quite a bit! Thanks for including me in this fantastic community.
Hello Sam, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your and your husband's service. An Army wife is a tough job.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all. My name is Craig and my family and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. We love the outdoors and simply love taking the long way to get anywhere. It's great being part of this world wide family.
Hello Craig, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello All. I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 4WD that is pretty stock right now except for a leveling Kit and Camper topper shell. I am an Aircraft mechanic that works on Boeing 767 and 777's. I was a Caterpillar Heavy Equipment mechanic when I was younger. What can I say, I like turning wrenches. My goal is to make my truck more off road capable without going to overboard. We currently have ground tenting experience which is all we have ever known. My wife and I used to camp all the time with our motorcycle. The older we get, the more the Overlanding thing seems to possibly be a better fit. We're currently living in the Las Vegas / Henderson area. We have lived there off and on for the last 30 plus years. I have explored a lot of the desert around Southern Nevada and look forward to learning of new areas. Hopefully we can get to know some of you and build friendships along the way.
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi all! I just *finally* got my first 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. I am in the process of hooking it up with a RTT and some other gear so I can start getting out and exploring...I am beyond excited for this new world and can't wait to learn!
Hello Corrine, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all, been toying with joining made the jump today. 07 Xterra 4x4 camp and fly-fishing rig for solo mostly, as of now but 45 years of camping and primitive camping under my belt.
Hello Phillip, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
View attachment 204227
Hello All,

We are excited to join the Overland Bound community.

Rig: first generation Ford Expedition
Experience: moderate. Our rig has taken us on some crazy adventures over the past three years and never let us down. Our longest trip was 8 days to Moab and North Rim of Grand Canyon.
We are hoping to meet some likeminded adventurers to enjoy our new passion with.

Rich and Monica
Hello Rich and Monica, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello all love this community

Rig: 2019 Ford Ranger 3 inch lift and other mods 35s on order
Experience: aways learning. been Overlanding for awhile now bringing along my 6 year old daughter lots of fun
Hello William, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone!
My name is Tim.
Located in Bothell WA
I’ve got a 98 4Runner that’s my baby.
Last year my wife and I did our first real over land trip on the WA BDR and we’re hooked.
We’ve always been into backpacking and camping so this is the obvious next thing for us.
Done a ton of recent upgrades to the rig including new motor, onboard air, roof top tent, and heavy maintenance trying to get it ready for some upcoming adventures
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and Twayson

Mntsintoroads4911

Rank III

Contributor III

Buffalo, MN, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
McGarvey
Member #

Hello,

This is Justin from Buffalo MN. I drive a 2012 Wrangler, too many miles on pavement but some of those heading west. Experience level is novice really, a couple solo/family trips through the Rockies and into desert country. EFRT was our intro and inspiration, looking forward to learning from the OB community!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello,

This is Justin from Buffalo MN. I drive a 2012 Wrangler, too many miles on pavement but some of those heading west. Experience level is novice really, a couple solo/family trips through the Rockies and into desert country. EFRT was our intro and inspiration, looking forward to learning from the OB community!
Hello Justin, welcome to the OB family.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello,

Hello Justin! Welcome to the community!

Risgettjr

Rank 0

Contributor I

Florence, SC, USA
First Name
Ronald
Last Name
Isgett
Always been a big camping and outdoor person. I wouldn't say I'm a newbie, but officially never overlanded before by the strictest definition of the term. I'm a car guy(and motorcycles) and I'm at the point in my life where I have a little extra money & time, so why not? Bought a 2010 Jeep Commander last month and have LOTS of stuff on order for it. Hope to have it all done by end of August and I will be looking for advice from other Commander owners about the best way to mount a RTT among other things. Thanks & Happy to be a part of the Forum!

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Always been a big camping and outdoor person. I wouldn't say I'm a newbie, but officially never overlanded before by the strictest definition of the term. I'm a car guy(and motorcycles) and I'm at the point in my life where I have a little extra money & time, so why not? Bought a 2010 Jeep Commander last month and have LOTS of stuff on order for it. Hope to have it all done by end of August and I will be looking for advice from other Commander owners about the best way to mount a RTT among other things. Thanks & Happy to be a part of the Forum!
Hello Ronald, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R

rubytrailsahead

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Joshua Tree, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Kerper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMX894
Hello Everyone! My name is Shawn. I have been in the over-landing community for a few years now. Both my wife and I drive jeeps her's a 2016 JKU and I a 2016 JK. We greatly enjoy camping and trail riding. Over the past 4 years we have travelled down to Padre Island TX Florida panhandle and Ouray Colorado. Diane and I enjoy jeeping and have a number of trips we are planning. One is the arctic circle in 2023. I am currently working on my overl-land trailer build "more to follow on that latter" and have a few problems to workout. Hope to see you out on the trails! We will be at the Tennessee Trail Jam 2021 Located at Loretta Lynn's campground on the 18th - 20th If you are there come by and say HI! 73!View attachment 201602View attachment 201603
Welcome aboard! Ouray is amazing!

Reactions: Shahn

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone!
My name is Tim.
Located in Bothell WA
I’ve got a 98 4Runner that’s my baby.
Last year my wife and I did our first real over land trip on the WA BDR and we’re hooked.
We’ve always been into backpacking and camping so this is the obvious next thing for us.
Done a ton of recent upgrades to the rig including new motor, onboard air, roof top tent, and heavy maintenance trying to get it ready for some upcoming adventures
Hello Tim, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

Hello Justin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Shahn and Kent R