I Fix Planes

Rank I

Contributor III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Over
Hello All. I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 4WD that is pretty stock right now except for a leveling Kit and Camper topper shell. I am an Aircraft mechanic that works on Boeing 767 and 777's. I was a Caterpillar Heavy Equipment mechanic when I was younger. What can I say, I like turning wrenches. My goal is to make my truck more off road capable without going to overboard. We currently have ground tenting experience which is all we have ever known. My wife and I used to camp all the time with our motorcycle. The older we get, the more the Overlanding thing seems to possibly be a better fit. We're currently living in the Las Vegas / Henderson area. We have lived there off and on for the last 30 plus years. I have explored a lot of the desert around Southern Nevada and look forward to learning of new areas. Hopefully we can get to know some of you and build friendships along the way.

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello all!
My name is Travis, and I'm getting back into the camping/off-roading scene again! My wife and I recently moved to the Dallas area for work and both agree that if we have to be stuck in the city then we need a way to get out into the wilds. I'll be ordering a Gladiator rubicon once our house sells, and from there I'll jumping into the off road game with both feet! Hopefully I'll see some of you on the trails!
Welcome!!! Happy to have you as part of the OB family!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Meet Jabari, this is my 2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GTD-6 4x4. She's set up for overlanding Africa, but we are constantly tweaking and changing the set up!

View attachment 204166

I'm technically based out of Johannesburg South Africa, but I sold my house pre covid, and other than occasionally staying with family, we are permanently on the road.

I'm very experienced in Southern Africa, have a little bit of experience in East/Central and Sahel, but I know it is a small pond in the big picture of overlanding. Here to learn and maybe lend some advice if anyone is looking to come to this part of the world!

Edit: Got too excited to post. Also wanted to say my background is in photography and film making, and please check out my channel over at www.youtube.com/c/timhulme :)
Welcome!!! Great Setup!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello! Just wanted to hop on and say hi. My name is Sam and my husband and I are from TC, Michigan! We love traveling and with him being in the army previously we’ve both traveled quite a bit! Thanks for including me in this fantastic community.
Welcome from Georgia!! Thank you for your service!!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hi all! I just *finally* got my first 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. I am in the process of hooking it up with a RTT and some other gear so I can start getting out and exploring...I am beyond excited for this new world and can't wait to learn!
The Taco is a great platform, no doubt it will serve you well. Welcome and congrats from Georgia!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hello All. I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 4WD that is pretty stock right now except for a leveling Kit and Camper topper shell. I am an Aircraft mechanic that works on Boeing 767 and 777's. I was a Caterpillar Heavy Equipment mechanic when I was younger. What can I say, I like turning wrenches. My goal is to make my truck more off road capable without going to overboard. We currently have ground tenting experience which is all we have ever known. My wife and I used to camp all the time with our motorcycle. The older we get, the more the Overlanding thing seems to possibly be a better fit. We're currently living in the Las Vegas / Henderson area. We have lived there off and on for the last 30 plus years. I have explored a lot of the desert around Southern Nevada and look forward to learning of new areas. Hopefully we can get to know some of you and build friendships along the way.
Welcome from Georgia!! We are happy to have you as part of the OB family!!

Reactions: Kent R and Shahn

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Hi everyone!

Aaron and I live in Springdale Arkansas. I have a 21 Jeep Wrangler. I love to get out in the National Forest and explore. Looking forward to meeting some folks in the local area that share an interest in getting out to explore.
Welcome from Georgia!!! I grew up in Missouri and spent a lot of time in the Ozarks. Great place to wheel and overland. No doubt you have some great adventures ahead. Have fun!

North40overland

Rank VII

Influencer I

Sugar Hill, GA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRME413
Good Evening everyone
Rig: 2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Overland Experience: None at the moment. Working on getting the basics and plan for our shake down trip right after my daughter goes back to college this Aug.

Was a Mustang guy for years but now the wife and I are looking for a different adventure and this sounded right up our alley. Look forward to being part of the Overland community.
Welcome from Georgia!!! Happy to have you as part of the OB Family!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello! Just wanted to hop on and say hi. My name is Sam and my husband and I are from TC, Michigan! We love traveling and with him being in the army previously we’ve both traveled quite a bit! Thanks for including me in this fantastic community.
Hello Sam, Welcome to the OB family!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all! I just *finally* got my first 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. I am in the process of hooking it up with a RTT and some other gear so I can start getting out and exploring...I am beyond excited for this new world and can't wait to learn!
Welcome Corrine to the OB family!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi all. My name is Craig and my family and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. We love the outdoors and simply love taking the long way to get anywhere. It's great being part of this world wide family.
Hi Craig, and welcome to the OB family!

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hello Scott and Welcome to the OB family!