Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good Evening everyone
Rig: 2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Overland Experience: None at the moment. Working on getting the basics and plan for our shake down trip right after my daughter goes back to college this Aug.

Was a Mustang guy for years but now the wife and I are looking for a different adventure and this sounded right up our alley. Look forward to being part of the Overland community.
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good morning!

My name is Bradford. I'm hoping to be traveling with the best boi named Duke. He's a 9 years young golden retriever.

We are located in Baltimore, MD. Hoping to get out of the city and check out some great places close at first. Eventually I would like to get out West, link up with my buddy in Texas and go further!

I replaced my 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon back in January. She's completely stock currently, but I'm looking to get started on gear here within the next few months.

I have no overlanding experience and limited camping experience despite having deployed several time with the military. Safe to say they were pretty easy deployment.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Bradford
Hello Bradford, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My name is Shawn. I am just getting started in overlanding. I have tent camped my whole life and I am excited to get into this.

My rig is still in the process of being built. I have big plans for it. As it sits now it is a 2004 Ford F-250 super duty. It has a 4” bds suspension lift and is sitting on 35’s. The 6.0l has been completely torn down and rebuilt to be extremely reliable. Replacement ranch hand bumpers front and rear. I have dual batteries and a 2000w power inverter. I put a color matched ARE camper shell on it. I hope to add racks, rtt, lights, and a bed drawer system. When completed I want this rig to be able to sleep 7 people. Me my wife and 5 kiddos.

I stumbled upon this group and I’m excited to be a part of it. I hope to learn a lot from y’all.
Hello Shawn, welcome to Overland Bound.

Punk'n_Willy

Rank V

Advocate I

Macomb, Michigan, United States
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Riss
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
Good Evening everyone
Overland Experience: None at the moment. Working on getting the basics and plan for our shake down trip right after my daughter goes back to college this Aug.

Was a Mustang guy for years but now the wife and I are looking for a different adventure and this sounded right up our alley. Look forward to being part of the Overland community.
Hello Steve, welcome to Overland Bound.
thanks great to be here.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hello Ladies and their protectors... i am the new guy - this is my 20 year old rustbucket:
View attachment 203854

It is a 2001 "3rd gen" mitzubishi pajero(montero) 3.4TDI - automatic, with forward, rear, and center locks a somewhat weak winch in the front, rear seats ripped out and turned into a bedroom.
It is also a complete VHF/HF mobile ham-radio command center. I am prepped for zombies, or little green men... whichever comes first :-)
As i live in the arctic, we have 4 real seasons, of which 3 benefit strongly from a proper 4x4 setup, my house is in the forest after all - no paved roads here.
(autumn= mud / winter = snow / spring =mud)

View attachment 203850
View attachment 203849
and i live here:
View attachment 203851
ok, wait... let me find a better picture:
View attachment 203852
Still not clear.. ok ok... hold on a sec....
View attachment 203853
There you go ;-)

I am happy to connect to anyone who cares, but especially 4x4 folks in scandinavia -because i would love to meet up, go on trail together or just exchange ideas.

Also i am owner of the "Big" ham-radio ticket, give me a shout if that tickles some fancy :-)

I hope i did not spam too many pixels into this post....
73 / best regards from santa-claus land.
Hi Timo,

Welcome to OverlandBound! Enjoy!

If you have any questions or need some help, please let me know!

We have virtual campfire every 2nd Friday at 8PM CET (please check with your local time, I guess there is one hour gap). Please join if you like. Just some nice casual conversations, just like around a campfire. You can find all details in the Rally Point here: Virtual OB Europe campfire - Overland Bound

Cheers, Björn

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good Evening everyone

Hello Steve, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning!

My name is Bradford. I'm hoping to be traveling with the best boi named Duke. He's a 9 years young golden retriever.

We are located in Baltimore, MD. Hoping to get out of the city and check out some great places close at first. Eventually I would like to get out West, link up with my buddy in Texas and go further!

I replaced my 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon back in January. She's completely stock currently, but I'm looking to get started on gear here within the next few months.

I have no overlanding experience and limited camping experience despite having deployed several time with the military. Safe to say they were pretty easy deployment.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Bradford
Hello Bradford, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
My name is Shawn. I am just getting started in overlanding. I have tent camped my whole life and I am excited to get into this.

My rig is still in the process of being built. I have big plans for it. As it sits now it is a 2004 Ford F-250 super duty. It has a 4” bds suspension lift and is sitting on 35’s. The 6.0l has been completely torn down and rebuilt to be extremely reliable. Replacement ranch hand bumpers front and rear. I have dual batteries and a 2000w power inverter. I put a color matched ARE camper shell on it. I hope to add racks, rtt, lights, and a bed drawer system. When completed I want this rig to be able to sleep 7 people. Me my wife and 5 kiddos.

I stumbled upon this group and I’m excited to be a part of it. I hope to learn a lot from y’all.
Hello Shawn (@BillyShawn12), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. Sounds like you are getting set to give your family a great time of adventure they will never forget.

There are a couple DFW area meetups you can check out here: DFW OB meet and greet & DFW - Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

aclubb

Rank III

Contributor III

Springdale, AR, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Clubb
Member #

Service Branch
Marine Corps
Hi everyone!

Aaron and I live in Springdale Arkansas. I have a 21 Jeep Wrangler. I love to get out in the National Forest and explore. Looking forward to meeting some folks in the local area that share an interest in getting out to explore.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey Y'all!
My name is Troy I'm a novice overlander but a long time wanderer. My rig is a 2019 Subaru Outback and my daily driver as well. I'm based out of the North Central Ohio area about an hour north of Columbus.
Howdy from Arizona!!

Reactions: Kent R and Tag_it!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hi everyone!

Aaron and I live in Springdale Arkansas. I have a 21 Jeep Wrangler. I love to get out in the National Forest and explore. Looking forward to meeting some folks in the local area that share an interest in getting out to explore.
Howdy from Arizona!!
Very Nice Rig!

Reactions: Kent R and aclubb

Tag_it!

Rank IV

Traveler III

Bucyrus, OH
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Gilliland
Member #

Hi everyone!

Hi!