Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha from Utah!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Utah! Damon and Tina here....we are excited about the adventures that lay before us and the opportunity to explore new and less-traveled paths. We have been working to outfit our truck and are going to be out on our first adventure this weekend in the Uinta wilderness of northern Utah.

2020 Tacoma
Welcome to Overland Bound Damon and Tina
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Jeremy and Tracie here. New members.
2014 FJ Cruiser
North Texas residents
We are new to overlanding, more just camping but would like to take longer trips. Happy to learn new things.

View attachment 203109
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeremy and Tracie
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Roots66 and @Prerunner1982
Quick adult & youth Tread Lightly online awareness course.

Reactions: ArcticTex

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.
As a full timer you will be able to get local information from our Regional Directors and they can also get you in touch with the local Member Representatives. For your trip to Yellowstone @Neal A. Tew is the Rocky Mountain Regional Director who is very knowledgeable about the Rocky Mountain region.
We have a full time member who started a full time thread on the forum that hopefully you will find useful. Still working on getting our full timers to post on it more.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hello all, my name is John but you can call me JJ. I am new to overlanding and plan on doing it full time. I am a retired veteran, U.S. Coast Guard, and decided to get away from it all and explore what this great county has to offer. I love to fish, fly fishing is my favorite, so recommendations on great spots are welcomed! I currently have a Jeep Grand Cherokee (no mods) and a ground tent. Figured I would get tips and tricks from experienced folks before I spend thousands of dollars on gear. I am travelling with my pug dog Wrigley and plan on leaving Indiana in a week or so and head west towards Yellowstone.
Welcome to the family.

SemperCoasty

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Full Time Traveler
First Name
John
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNA234
Service Branch
USCG
As a full timer you will be able to get local information from our Regional Directors and they can also get you in touch with the local Member Representatives. For your trip to Yellowstone @Neal A. Tew is the Rocky Mountain Regional Director who is very knowledgeable about the Rocky Mountain region.
We have a full time member who started a full time thread on the forum that hopefully you will find useful. Still working on getting our full timers to post on it more.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Wow, thank you for all the information! I need as much as I can get!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I just joined and my name is Janette. I am in Ohio, have a 2013 FJ Cruiser and am just getting started in overland adventuring. Complete novice mudroller here!
Welcome to Overland Bound Janette
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw

Reactions: Thegirlfromys

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone

Looking to get some information on a overland trailer I am planning to build. Excited for being a member here

Seth
For your trailer question;
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514

Reactions: akryder

mattcoles2007

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Dayton, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Coles
Member #

Howdy from Minnesota

My name is Matthew, a new member, and my wife is Vicky. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, and we had a Chevy Silverado previously that we used, but that thing was so big it barely fit anywhere beyond the standard forest roads. We're hoping the Tacoma helps us get into some of the more interesting and unique places we've been wishing to go to.
I'd say we're still fairly novice in the world of overland, though we've been doing it for about 8 years now in both the US and Taiwan (my wife's home). Though we're primarily in the US, if we are in Taiwan for a more lengthy amount of time, we usually go with friends or rent out a Hilux or an older Delica.

ArcticTex

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Frisco, TX
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Howdy from Minnesota

My name is Matthew, a new member, and my wife is Vicky. We currently have a Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, and we had a Chevy Silverado previously that we used, but that thing was so big it barely fit anywhere beyond the standard forest roads. We're hoping the Tacoma helps us get into some of the more interesting and unique places we've been wishing to go to.
I'd say we're still fairly novice in the world of overland, though we've been doing it for about 8 years now in both the US and Taiwan (my wife's home). Though we're primarily in the US, if we are in Taiwan for a more lengthy amount of time, we usually go with friends or rent out a Hilux or an older Delica.
Welcome!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy from Minnesota

Hello Matthew & Vicky, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Wisconsin. Avid camper and paddler but newer to overlanding. Started building out my 2020 Jeep Gladiator and its is almost ready. I can't wait for the overlanding adventures to begin and hope to meet some of you out there.
Hello Curt, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R and CurtL

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello from Indiana. New to the group and concept of Overlanding. I drive a 2015 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab. It's 4x4 with the 2.7 four cylinder engine. Still learning and building my ride. Thanks for adding me to the group.
Hello Richard, welcome to the OB family.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
2019 Ford Ranger based out of Austin. Lots of trips to Colorado with only a few in NM, ARK, UT. Have a big trip to Glacier NP 07/2021 before our fist baby comes
Hello Drew (@rangerLadTX), welcome to Overland Bound. I am your Southwest Region Member Rep for Texas. We are right up the road in Georgetown. You joined just in time as the monthly meet for Central Texas is this Sat (7/3), in Round Rock. Come join us if you can. North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

If you have any questions, please just let me know.