First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone,

I'm Sergio and I ride around in a Toyota Tacoma. I just bought it recently and have an itching to travel. I live in Livermore, CA, so one of my short term goals is to visit state parks and explore my local OHV parks. I although I've been on many road trips I would consider myself a novice when it comes to outfitting an ohv overland rig. Long term I plan to use the resources in this forum to OUTFIT AND EXPLORE! I hope to grow and learn alongside the community and hope to one day see you out on the trail.
Hey Sergio

Tacomas are pretty rad….I’m heavily biased. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread. We’ve got a meet up THIS SUNDAY!

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

04226B75-F4F3-4111-8161-01351352C84E.jpeg

Reactions: Sedated and Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hey Everyone! Really looking forward to being apart of this community. I’ve been a longtime lurker and have decided to pull the trigger to build out my truck for overlanding and join ya’ll on adventures!

Rig: ‘08 Silverado LT (w/ lots of goodies)

Overlanding Experience Background: I would definitely say novice. I got around 2 or so years on my belt, but only ventured out every so often whilst going to Tahoe, San Diego or Dodge Ridge. My rig may not be the absolute best due to it being 2WD but it’s my first truck/vehicle (had since I got my license back in 2014) and it has outperformed many of my expectations and others while safely performing on trails.

Looking forward to adventuring with you!
Hi Semisi

Welcome! Glad you are here!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread. We’ve got a meet up THIS SUNDAY!

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
AC9327BF-8B05-4422-A736-43D7AD802882.jpeg

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all , been a couple months since I got on here, I don’t remember if I’ve posted yet or not... But I’m Chris, I‘m in Castle Rock, CO. I have an 03 Toyota Sequoia (there is 5 of us), but I also have an 1981 Toyota Trekker that I am building. We just got back from a great trip over Medano Pass here in Colorado and spend some days at the Sand Dunes. That is a great road, and the Dunes are worth some time.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
Just in case you didn't get this message before, here is some info to help get you started on the forum.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OB - Colorado General
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r Denver Area, @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope, @Iridium Fort Collins
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Iridium

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Helloooo all! I'm Nick from Virginia. Originally from up north. Grew up hiking, fishing, tapping trees for maple syrup, and riding four wheelers. Unfortunately I lost touch with all that but hoping to get back in to that, along with something new in a bit of adventure in overlanding.

21 Silverado 1500, working on getting a lift and tires for off road adventures, a good truck rack for carrying supplies, tent, etc. And who knows what else from there. Always open to suggestions or tips for accessories, trails, camp sites or anything!
Welcome to Overland Bound Nick
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: SoupSandw1ch

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Been camping and dirt road travel for a long time and looking to step up to bigger adventures. Bentonville AR is our current launch pad. Just lifted and put new tires on my truck this week. Picture with kayaks was last months trip in AR.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative in AR is @BlueLineOverland, he is a great resource.
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
My rig is a 2005 F-150 (2WD) that is my daily driver and overland rig. I’m from Phoenix Arizona. This is a project I’ve been working on for about two years and have gotten so much out of it. Adventure and exploring is something I love to do and this community fuels that so much. I’ve been a member for about a year and this is my first post so lmk if you have any questions about the rig!

Michael
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys my name is Brian! I am new to the overlanding community witch means I'm full of questions! I am a huge outdoors fan and love to hike Enid ,Oklahoma is where I call home and I am currently building a 2019 Crew Cab Colorado z71.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brian
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon from Memphis TN. this is Kevin - long time outdoor lover. Hiking, camping, etc. car camping, remote back roads and off road to a limited extent. No real rock climbing - never connected the "overland" phrase with this hobby. Lived out west for a long time and I miss the wide open spaces of AZ, CO, UT, NM etc. Now exploring the North East (recently eastern Canada - NB, Nova Scotia etc) and obviously the eastern TN / VA / WVA area.

Drive a 2020 ram 1500 - with homemade camp kitchen etc. and my "weekend hike" bag for me and the dog. Just upgraded to a rack and RTT for longer trips down the road.

Thanks in advance for the support I'll get from this group - fabulous forum.

Best,
KM
Welcome To Overland Bound Kevin
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative in TN is @Hank Outdoors, Hank is a great resource and can help you with just about anything Overlanding.
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Robert McKinney
Wichita, Ks
17 Silverado
Novice as heck
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Iwata77 @T. Stanley @adventure_is_necessary
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Reactions: Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey guys my name is Brian! I am new to the overlanding community witch means I'm full of questions! I am a huge outdoors fan and love to hike Enid ,Oklahoma is where I call home and I am currently building a 2019 Crew Cab Colorado z71.
Welcome from Tulsa Brian
@Prerunner1982 and I are your closest SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let us know.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

We also have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Been camping and dirt road travel for a long time and looking to step up to bigger adventures. Bentonville AR is our current launch pad. Just lifted and put new tires on my truck this week. Picture with kayaks was last months trip in AR.
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Bryan!

Oneandthree

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Chesapeake, Chesapeake city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Delany
Member #

Hello everyone! I live in Chesapeake Virginia and am hoping to get out and about with the family. Currently have a 94 E250 that I hope to be a beast overlanding van. It’s a work in progress! In reality my daily driver pickup is the viable and reliable rig for now. I’m looking for an outdoor adventure my family can enjoy. I was born and raised in Alaska and lived for 8 years in Colorado. Lots of experience overlanding “although we didn’t call it that” but have not done it in years. I love the outdoors and since my area isn’t really that great for hiking and camping, I figure making adventure travel a part of our life is a great option. I look forward to meeting some of you and sharing in an adventure or 3.

Attachments

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Hey all , been a couple months since I got on here, I don’t remember if I’ve posted yet or not... But I’m Chris, I‘m in Castle Rock, CO. I have an 03 Toyota Sequoia (there is 5 of us), but I also have an 1981 Toyota Trekker that I am building. We just got back from a great trip over Medano Pass here in Colorado and spend some days at the Sand Dunes. That is a great road, and the Dunes are worth some time.
Hey Chris ! Welcome to the community, we have a fairly active community through out he state. I'm really excited to see what you do with that trekker! Haven't yet made my way out to medano pass or gsdnp but I've heard it's quite something. Look forward to seeing you out on trail or at camp !

If you get a chance come say hi in the rocky mountain regional threads !

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome Chris! The great sand dunes NP is really awesome. Where did you guys camp?

SoupSandw1ch

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chesapeake, Chesapeake city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello everyone! I live in Chesapeake Virginia and am hoping to get out and about with the family. Currently have a 94 E250 that I hope to be a beast overlanding van. It’s a work in progress! In reality my daily driver pickup is the viable and reliable rig for now. I’m looking for an outdoor adventure my family can enjoy. I was born and raised in Alaska and lived for 8 years in Colorado. Lots of experience overlanding “although we didn’t call it that” but have not done it in years. I love the outdoors and since my area isn’t really that great for hiking and camping, I figure making adventure travel a part of our life is a great option. I look forward to meeting some of you and sharing in an adventure or 3.
I'm also in Chesapeake! Another new guy from the same area. We'll have to meet up sometime.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Well, howdy Chris.
Welcome from Arizona!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Good afternoon from Memphis TN. this is Kevin - long time outdoor lover. Hiking, camping, etc. car camping, remote back roads and off road to a limited extent. No real rock climbing - never connected the "overland" phrase with this hobby. Lived out west for a long time and I miss the wide open spaces of AZ, CO, UT, NM etc. Now exploring the North East (recently eastern Canada - NB, Nova Scotia etc) and obviously the eastern TN / VA / WVA area.

Drive a 2020 ram 1500 - with homemade camp kitchen etc. and my "weekend hike" bag for me and the dog. Just upgraded to a rack and RTT for longer trips down the road.

Thanks in advance for the support I'll get from this group - fabulous forum.

Best,
KM
Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound.