DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello! Michael here. I am new at forums, so bear with. I am a former jarhead with a penchant for adventure. I also taught as an Outward Bound instructor for, well, a lot of seasons. Now that I have put almost 20 years in education as a psychologist and special education leader, it is time to get back to my adventure roots! My wife and I just purchased a runaway range runner- sight unseen. I am in Oregon, and it is in AZ. So we are headed out in a couple of weeks to pick it up and continue east to visit family in Texas. We are towing with a 2013 Volvo XC70, T6 inline turbo. So- we aren't badasses- yet. haha. I am working on my power system, road shower, awning, on and on- so much fun! I look forward to connecting and learning with y'all! -Michael
Howdy Michael!
Welcome from Arizona!

Reactions: Kent R and roots66

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello! Michael here. I am new at forums, so bear with. I am a former jarhead with a penchant for adventure. I also taught as an Outward Bound instructor for, well, a lot of seasons. Now that I have put almost 20 years in education as a psychologist and special education leader, it is time to get back to my adventure roots! My wife and I just purchased a runaway range runner- sight unseen. I am in Oregon, and it is in AZ. So we are headed out in a couple of weeks to pick it up and continue east to visit family in Texas. We are towing with a 2013 Volvo XC70, T6 inline turbo. So- we aren't badasses- yet. haha. I am working on my power system, road shower, awning, on and on- so much fun! I look forward to connecting and learning with y'all! -Michael
Hello Michael, welcome to Overland Bound. Thank you for your service.

Reactions: Kent R and roots66

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB family and thank you for your service. The XC70 is a nice platform. You can do more with it than most people think. Good luck on the Range Runner.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Have a great trip.
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: roots66

kemesq

Rank 0

Contributor I

Memphis, TN 38120, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Mann
Good afternoon from Memphis TN. this is Kevin - long time outdoor lover. Hiking, camping, etc. car camping, remote back roads and off road to a limited extent. No real rock climbing - never connected the "overland" phrase with this hobby. Lived out west for a long time and I miss the wide open spaces of AZ, CO, UT, NM etc. Now exploring the North East (recently eastern Canada - NB, Nova Scotia etc) and obviously the eastern TN / VA / WVA area.

Drive a 2020 ram 1500 - with homemade camp kitchen etc. and my "weekend hike" bag for me and the dog. Just upgraded to a rack and RTT for longer trips down the road.

Thanks in advance for the support I'll get from this group - fabulous forum.

Best,
KM

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good afternoon from Memphis TN. this is Kevin - long time outdoor lover. Hiking, camping, etc. car camping, remote back roads and off road to a limited extent. No real rock climbing - never connected the "overland" phrase with this hobby. Lived out west for a long time and I miss the wide open spaces of AZ, CO, UT, NM etc. Now exploring the North East (recently eastern Canada - NB, Nova Scotia etc) and obviously the eastern TN / VA / WVA area.

Drive a 2020 ram 1500 - with homemade camp kitchen etc. and my "weekend hike" bag for me and the dog. Just upgraded to a rack and RTT for longer trips down the road.

Thanks in advance for the support I'll get from this group - fabulous forum.

Best,
KM
Hello Kevin, welcome to the OB family. Sounds like you have a nice setup and are in a good area to explore.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey guys my name is Brian! I am new to the overlanding community witch means I'm full of questions! I am a huge outdoors fan and love to hike Enid ,Oklahoma is where I call home and I am currently building a 2019 Crew Cab Colorado z71.
Hello Brian (@Brianhickerson85), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of the Southwest Region Member Reps. @Prerunner1982 is your Rep for OK and @Iwata77 is a multi-region member rep covering TX, OK, MO, AR, & KS.
You have a nice rig to start out with. You have come to the right place to find answers. Plenty of great folks here with tons of advice.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let us know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

@GreendragonJeep welcome from Oklahoma.
We have a good communication section that you may enjoy.
Also we have a weekly net, hopefully you can join us.
If you don't have access to one of the available repeaters feel free to use the Echolink app on your phone, many of us do.
When: 17:30 PST, 20:30 EST, 00:30 UTC

Where: Our net is graciously hosted by the Starlink White Mountain Repeater System group. Below is the current list of of nodes, hubs, repeaters, and links which get us on the air each Friday. For more information please visit their website at White Mountain Repeater Association .

Echolink
Conference Node 357087 (Starlink)

Check the WMRA web page for linked repeaters, talk groups, etc.

Field day is coming up in 2 weeks, are you going to be participating?

MikeMunz

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munzinger
Member #

Hello everyone!
My rig is a 2005 F-150 (2WD) that is my daily driver and overland rig. I’m from Phoenix Arizona. This is a project I’ve been working on for about two years and have gotten so much out of it. Adventure and exploring is something I love to do and this community fuels that so much. I’ve been a member for about a year and this is my first post so lmk if you have any questions about the rig!

Michael

Attachments

Contributor I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Rizal
Last Name
Martinez
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4GDJ
@GreendragonJeep welcome from Oklahoma.
We have a good communication section that you may enjoy.

Field day is coming up in 2 weeks, are you going to be participating?

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and set up my phone with Echolink. Hopefully, I'll set up my new hotspot soon, for now, ill use Echolink to join the Net. I will definably be participating in Field day while doing a Pota Activation. hope to catch you Down the log.

Rizal Martinez
The Green Dragon Jeep
K4GDJ 73's

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone!
My rig is a 2005 F-150 (2WD) that is my daily driver and overland rig. I’m from Phoenix Arizona. This is a project I’ve been working on for about two years and have gotten so much out of it. Adventure and exploring is something I love to do and this community fuels that so much. I’ve been a member for about a year and this is my first post so lmk if you have any questions about the rig!

Michael
Hello Michael (@MikeMunz), welcome to Overland Bound. I am one of the Southwest Region Member Reps. Nice looking setup you have there. Being 2WD, you may like to check out the 2WD Rig sub-forum.

Local information and involvement opportunities can be found here: Southwest Region (AZ/NM/TX/OK)

Looking to meet fellow members? Check out the Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

Events in the SW region can be found here: Overland Bound Events SW Region

Want to know what members are planning? You can find out here: Overland Trip Planning

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest

If you have any questions, please just let me know.

Bryan’5

Rank III

Contributor III

Bentonville, Benton County, Arkansas, United States
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Haring
Member #

Been camping and dirt road travel for a long time and looking to step up to bigger adventures. Bentonville AR is our current launch pad. Just lifted and put new tires on my truck this week. Picture with kayaks was last months trip in AR.

Attachments

SoupSandw1ch

Rank 0

Contributor I

Chesapeake, Chesapeake city, Virginia, United States
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Helloooo all! I'm Nick from Virginia. Originally from up north. Grew up hiking, fishing, tapping trees for maple syrup, and riding four wheelers. Unfortunately I lost touch with all that but hoping to get back in to that, along with something new in a bit of adventure in overlanding.

21 Silverado 1500, working on getting a lift and tires for off road adventures, a good truck rack for carrying supplies, tent, etc. And who knows what else from there. Always open to suggestions or tips for accessories, trails, camp sites or anything!

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Helloooo all! I'm Nick from Virginia. Originally from up north. Grew up hiking, fishing, tapping trees for maple syrup, and riding four wheelers. Unfortunately I lost touch with all that but hoping to get back in to that, along with something new in a bit of adventure in overlanding.

21 Silverado 1500, working on getting a lift and tires for off road adventures, a good truck rack for carrying supplies, tent, etc. And who knows what else from there. Always open to suggestions or tips for accessories, trails, camp sites or anything!
Welcome Nick, from Arizona!

Cgrreiter5

Rank III

Advocate III

Castle Rock, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Reiter
Member #

Hey all , been a couple months since I got on here, I don’t remember if I’ve posted yet or not... But I’m Chris, I‘m in Castle Rock, CO. I have an 03 Toyota Sequoia (there is 5 of us), but I also have an 1981 Toyota Trekker that I am building. We just got back from a great trip over Medano Pass here in Colorado and spend some days at the Sand Dunes. That is a great road, and the Dunes are worth some time.

Attachments