Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone. My name is Wayne, and I am new to overlanding. Coming from the tarmac where I participated in SCCA events in mostly Time-Trials and Autocross. I love the idea of the adventure that overlanding promises. I've always loved Land Rover Discoveries and have, for the past 10 years owned a few but never had the confidence in them to take them off into the mountains. Recently, I decided to buy a mid-sized truck, but I didn't want to by a Tacoma because, well, they are fairly common. Nothing WRONG with that, but I wanted something a *little* different. Not, "Rare", just a little different, so I purchased a 2021 Ford Ranger with the Tremor package.

Now I need to use it. I don't intend to keep her this pretty for long. I have a bed rack and roof rack being built. I am ordering a set of upgraded bumpers that can support a winch, turbo upgrades, and exhaust.

These are pictures from our last trip into the Cascades. The truck (lots of upgrades coming) and my Wife and youngest son, Erica and Jack.
Hello Wayne, welcome to the OB family.

Sedated

Rank III

Contributor III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Sergio
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hello everyone,

I'm Sergio and I ride around in a Toyota Tacoma. I just bought it recently and have an itching to travel. I live in Livermore, CA, so one of my short term goals is to visit state parks and explore my local OHV parks. I although I've been on many road trips I would consider myself a novice when it comes to outfitting an ohv overland rig. Long term I plan to use the resources in this forum to OUTFIT AND EXPLORE! I hope to grow and learn alongside the community and hope to one day see you out on the trail.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello everyone,

I'm Sergio and I ride around in a Toyota Tacoma. I just bought it recently and have an itching to travel. I live in Livermore, CA, so one of my short term goals is to visit state parks and explore my local OHV parks. I although I've been on many road trips I would consider myself a novice when it comes to outfitting an ohv overland rig. Long term I plan to use the resources in this forum to OUTFIT AND EXPLORE! I hope to grow and learn alongside the community and hope to one day see you out on the trail.
Hello Sergio, welcome to the OB family. There are lots of great people to learn from on here.

Reactions: Kent R and Sedated

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey Everyone! Really looking forward to being apart of this community. I’ve been a longtime lurker and have decided to pull the trigger to build out my truck for overlanding and join ya’ll on adventures!

Rig: ‘08 Silverado LT (w/ lots of goodies)

Overlanding Experience Background: I would definitely say novice. I got around 2 or so years on my belt, but only ventured out every so often whilst going to Tahoe, San Diego or Dodge Ridge. My rig may not be the absolute best due to it being 2WD but it’s my first truck/vehicle (had since I got my license back in 2014) and it has outperformed many of my expectations and others while safely performing on trails.

Looking forward to adventuring with you!
Hello Semisi, welcome to Overland Bound. With a good set of tires you would be amazed at where a two wheel drive truck will take you.

Reactions: Kent R and roots66

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello,

My name is Travis, I have a 2018 4Runner TRD Off-Road that I just picked up, and I am looking forward to learning and experiencing overlanding.
Hello Travis, That is the same vehicle I have, if you want to know more just send me a DM.
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich Anderssohn, I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=6
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

PreparedOverlander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Powder Springs, GA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Hello y'all

I am just getting into overlanding. I live in Powder Springs Ga.

I just bought a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with Hemi engine and QDII. Currently I am waiting for the Old Man Emu 2.5" HD lift to come in. I plan to self install the kit so I can get a good idea if there is going to be anything that needs to be fixed before getting on the trails.

I am looking forward to the next adventure.

Scott

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello y'all

I am just getting into overlanding. I live in Powder Springs Ga.

I just bought a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with Hemi engine and QDII. Currently I am waiting for the Old Man Emu 2.5" HD lift to come in. I plan to self install the kit so I can get a good idea if there is going to be anything that needs to be fixed before getting on the trails.

I am looking forward to the next adventure.

Scott
Hello Ronald, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reber1584

Rank III

Educator I

Manchester, TN, USA
First Name
Rachael
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Hey all

New to overlanding in civilian life but did plenty of the Army version lol. Glad to join the team. I live in Tennessee and drive a lifted and partially armored 2017 JGC (work in progress). My wife goes along on trips and she drives a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk with a lift. Our most recent trip was to the Georgia traverse with our Boxer puppy name Gaia (yes like the gps app). Look forward to meeting some of you.

Mike
Hi Mike!

PreparedOverlander

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Powder Springs, GA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Hey all

New to overlanding in civilian life but did plenty of the Army version lol. Glad to join the team. I live in Tennessee and drive a lifted and partially armored 2017 JGC (work in progress). My wife goes along on trips and she drives a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk with a lift. Our most recent trip was to the Georgia traverse with our Boxer puppy name Gaia (yes like the gps app). Look forward to meeting some of you.

Mike
Good to meet a fellow Army vet. I like the civilian version of overlanding as opposed to the Army version, at least most of the time. I just joined this group myself. I am looking forward to getting on the trail.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hey all

Mike
Welcome from Arizona and an old retired Army Warrant!
Glad to have you aboard!

wk2.thing

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Coffee County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey all

Mike
Hello Mike. Thank you for your service and welcome to the OB family.
Thank you!

Reactions: roots66 and Kent R

wk2.thing

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey all

Mike
Good to meet a fellow Army vet. I like the civilian version of overlanding as opposed to the Army version, at least most of the time. I just joined this group myself. I am looking forward to getting on the trail.
Thanks and welcome. Good to meet you too.

wk2.thing

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey all

Mike
Welcome from Arizona and an old retired Army Warrant!
Glad to have you aboard!
Appreciate it and thank you for your service!

ryguy31

Rank I

Contributor I

Snohomish, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Greetings. I’m Ryan. I currently live in the Seattle area. I’m pretty new to over landing but I love hiking, camping and exploring. I currently have 2021 Subaru Crosstrek limited. I got it because it’s great on trails and pretty capable for its class especially with some modifications. It gets me where I need to go. Hoping to turn it into a capable over landing rig so that I can venture out further and explore.

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Greetings. I’m Ryan. I currently live in the Seattle area. I’m pretty new to over landing but I love hiking, camping and exploring. I currently have 2021 Subaru Crosstrek limited. I got it because it’s great on trails and pretty capable for its class especially with some modifications. It gets me where I need to go. Hoping to turn it into a capable over landing rig so that I can venture out further and explore.
Welcome aboard from Arizona!

Reactions: roots66 and Kent R