First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,

New to overland camping and thought it would be a good idea to join a forum and learn a thing or two about the lifestyle. The family and I are out of Las Vegas but I'm currently deployed. We will go on our first adventure in overlanding when I return home at the end of the summer. I have a 2020 F150 that I'm looking to mount an xtrusion designs bed rack and a 23zero RTT. Any thoughts or advice on equipment or best practices will be welcomed and appreciated.
Hello from Washington and welcome aboard Timothy! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: TimChap and Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
(reposting cuz not sure I did it right the first time....)

Hi all,

I'm Allen, and my wife (Regina) and I are new to overlanding.

rig: 1998 4runner
experience: novice

We're looking to connect with folks to find trails, learn about mods for 3rd gen 4runners, and just have some fun. :)

- Allen
Hello Allen & Regina, welcome tot he OB family.

Reactions: Kent R

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone,

New to overland camping and thought it would be a good idea to join a forum and learn a thing or two about the lifestyle. The family and I are out of Las Vegas but I'm currently deployed. We will go on our first adventure in overlanding when I return home at the end of the summer. I have a 2020 F150 that I'm looking to mount an xtrusion designs bed rack and a 23zero RTT. Any thoughts or advice on equipment or best practices will be welcomed and appreciated.
Hello Timothy, welcome to the OB family.

Dirt_trooper

Rank V

Advocate III

Murrieta, CA, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Pedlar
Member #

Hey everyone!

Family of 5, enjoy trail days, campouts, and good times!

Current rigs:
2015 Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
2020 Subaru Ascent

We mainly do FR and Washes to get our three littles out, but always down for a good trail run!

Cheers!

-Patrick

tempImage1qtNa6.png

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hey OB from Murrieta, California.

On a new set of builds for our growing family.

Sold our 2016 DCSB TRD-OR 4x4 Taco with King 2.5, OME ADD, RTT, Solar...the whole 9 as well as our 2014 Forester with just a wheels/tires, lift and others.

Current rigs:
2015 Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
2020 Subaru Ascent

We mainly do FR and Washes to get our three littles out, but always down for a good trail run!

-Patrick
Hello Patrick, welcome to the OB family.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
(reposting cuz not sure I did it right the first time....)

Hi all,

I'm Allen, and my wife (Regina) and I are new to overlanding.

rig: 1998 4runner
experience: novice

We're looking to connect with folks to find trails, learn about mods for 3rd gen 4runners, and just have some fun. :)

- Allen
Hello Allen and Regina, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone,

Hello Timothy, welcome to Overland Bound, thank you so much for your service and please stay safe. Tires are one of if not the most important part of your overland vehicle. Best practice get out and have fun.

Oliveman

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sula, Montana, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Adams
Service Branch
Navy
Hello all,
New to the term “Overlander”
Not new to self sufficient.
Life span of backpacking, then glamping, the Small RV trailer, boondoggling, and now added Overlanding /solar off grid travel. Always learning. The wife, teenage daughter, two dogs and myself love to hit the road for 3-4K road trips of the great north western states each year and explore this great country.

IMTHNG1

Rank 0

Contributor I

32BE1BEC-A256-403A-956C-6655B506B3D3.jpeg

Hello Everybody,
My name is Billy, The Jeep is a 2017 Wrangler JKU, we are a bit south east of Phoenix, Arizona.
I’ve been camping and off road in one way or another most of my life, I’ve had Jeep’s since 2012. With my first Jeep I thought I was going to be super rock crawler, but somewhat quickly figured out I don’t have the nerve for crazy stuff, We’d rather go find some beautiful scenery and history, don’t get me wrong, we like some obstacles and adventure, just not big crazy stuff! We‘ve always base camped in the past and just recently started getting the overland itch. We’ve done a few short solo 1 or 2 night trips so far, but have been wanting to do a little more, but not by ourselves. Looking forward to maybe meeting some folks to get out with. I’m also a new ham KJ7FOA, I haven’t been real active yet, lots of listening.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Hello all,
New to the term “Overlander”
Not new to self sufficient.
Life span of backpacking, then glamping, the Small RV trailer, boondoggling, and now added Overlanding /solar off grid travel. Always learning. The wife, teenage daughter, two dogs and myself love to hit the road for 3-4K road trips of the great north western states each year and explore this great country.
Welcome from Arizona!