Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I’m new here, I just got a 99 Runner. Currently saving up for a lift and tires. I’m in Youngstown Ohio and can’t wait to get out there in my Runner with my dog!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy!
Came across this forum while searching about Rotopax swelling.
I got a 2012 JKU, a 97 XJ and a 2018 Forrester. Love spending time in the outdoors. Most trips I'm setup to be self sufficient....
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) & www.Riggedfordirt.com @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
(reposting cuz not sure I did it right the first time....)

Hi all,

I'm Allen, and my wife (Regina) and I are new to overlanding.

rig: 1998 4runner
experience: novice

We're looking to connect with folks to find trails, learn about mods for 3rd gen 4runners, and just have some fun. :)

- Allen
Welcome to Overland Bound Allen & Regina
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joining from Atlanta, GA. Waiting for the build date on my Bronco Outer Banks. Some limited overlanding experience in rented Jeep Wranglers.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here!

Novice overlander with a 98 Runner in Eastern NC.

Taking it easy until I can get my Celica running as my daily instead of the Runner!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative for local information in NC is @NC-Trooper
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Allow me to introduce myself (yes I'm a stone's fan) hope this is the right place for this
chad
I have a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon from Plam Desert CA.
Looking forward to more Overlanding trips I'm very new to this but so excited to get there more and explore.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
(reposting cuz not sure I did it right the first time....)

Hi all,

I'm Allen, and my wife (Regina) and I are new to overlanding.

rig: 1998 4runner
experience: novice

We're looking to connect with folks to find trails, learn about mods for 3rd gen 4runners, and just have some fun. :)

- Allen
Ouch I hope your 4runner was ok!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

3C8B2E64-F166-41D6-9744-67A789BAE089.jpeg

3rdtimer

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Allen & Regina
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
Hi Kent,

Thank you for the links ... they'll be a great help to get started in the community and meeting folks!

- Allen

Reactions: Kent R

3rdtimer

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Berkeley, CA, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Ouch I hope your 4runner was ok!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
View attachment 200830
Hi Dave,

thank you for the link. I'll check the calendars and we'll try to make the next meetup.

And yes, the truck is OK, except for the obviously bent running board. But those will be replaced with sliders in the very near
future. And it only took us about 3hrs to get off that log. It was a good learning experience. I definitely understand break-over
geometry now. :)

- Allen

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi Dave,

thank you for the link. I'll check the calendars and we'll try to make the next meetup.

And yes, the truck is OK, except for the obviously bent running board. But those will be replaced with sliders in the very near
future. And it only took us about 3hrs to get off that log. It was a good learning experience. I definitely understand break-over
geometry now. :)

- Allen
You had a crash course in it! We are meeting up this Sunday. We will be discussing the eons old dilemma of ice refrigeration versus Freon. :-) I’m having everyone bring the set-ups they use so people can see touch and feel the pros and cons of either option. We’ve got a great group of people. Come this Sunday if you can.

Reactions: Kent R and SLO Rob

TimChap

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Chapman
Service Branch
USAF
Hi everyone,

New to overland camping and thought it would be a good idea to join a forum and learn a thing or two about the lifestyle. The family and I are out of Las Vegas but I'm currently deployed. We will go on our first adventure in overlanding when I return home at the end of the summer. I have a 2020 F150 that I'm looking to mount an xtrusion designs bed rack and a 23zero RTT. Any thoughts or advice on equipment or best practices will be welcomed and appreciated.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Allow me to introduce myself (yes I'm a stone's fan) hope this is the right place for this
chad
I have a 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon from Plam Desert CA.
Looking forward to more Overlanding trips I'm very new to this but so excited to get there more and explore.
Hello from Washington Chad, and welcome aboard!

Reactions: Kent R

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Hi everyone,

New to overland camping and thought it would be a good idea to join a forum and learn a thing or two about the lifestyle. The family and I are out of Las Vegas but I'm currently deployed. We will go on our first adventure in overlanding when I return home at the end of the summer. I have a 2020 F150 that I'm looking to mount an xtrusion designs bed rack and a 23zero RTT. Any thoughts or advice on equipment or best practices will be welcomed and appreciated.
Hello from Washington and welcome aboard Timothy! Thank you for your service!

Reactions: TimChap and Kent R