• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

Taos, NM, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Harder
Howdy all,
Chris here with our 1994 “Kickapoo” Toyota Hiace that was recently imported from Japan. The Hiace is a JDM (Japaneese domestic market) vehicle, never imported to the US. Its a true 4x4 that shares many drivetrain parts with the 4Runner like 8” diffs. Its powered by a 3L turbo Diesel. “Kickapoo” is a term my late father-in-law coined for something thats really cool or awesome. Ive always wanted a right hand drive 4x4, and ive always wanted an import diesel 4x4, this rig covers both bases.
We have done a little bit of overlanding previously with our 1994 FZJ80, and 2007 FJ Cruiser. We live in the high desert of northern New Mexico, near Taos, so pretty much surrounded by Overland opportunities right out my gate. The ‘80 was sold to fund a new business, the FJC is too small with our dogs. The investment we made in our business from the sale of the ‘80 ultimately made it possible to purchase the Hiace. Thanks to our Creator for carrying us through 2020!
Pic shows Rebecca and I with James (dude with the awesome beard) who is the importer of these turbo 4x4 JDM rigs.
933F47CD-C5C0-4903-A5E4-357E5BEFD734.jpeg

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Howdy all,
Chris here with our 1994 “Kickapoo” Toyota Hiace that was recently imported from Japan. The Hiace is a JDM (Japaneese domestic market) vehicle, never imported to the US. Its a true 4x4 that shares many drivetrain parts with the 4Runner like 8” diffs. Its powered by a 3L turbo Diesel. “Kickapoo” is a term my late father-in-law coined for something thats really cool or awesome. Ive always wanted a right hand drive 4x4, and ive always wanted an import diesel 4x4, this rig covers both bases.
We have done a little bit of overlanding previously with our 1994 FZJ80, and 2007 FJ Cruiser. We live in the high desert of northern New Mexico, near Taos, so pretty much surrounded by Overland opportunities right out my gate. The ‘80 was sold to fund a new business, the FJC is too small with our dogs. The investment we made in our business from the sale of the ‘80 ultimately made it possible to purchase the Hiace. Thanks to our Creator for carrying us through 2020!
Pic shows Rebecca and I with James (dude with the awesome beard) who is the importer of these turbo 4x4 JDM rigs.
View attachment 200413
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB family.

Reactions: Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@Kickapoo Hiace ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have meet ups in the SA area so keep an eye out for the next one.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member reps, so if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

AusCorey

Rank III

Enthusiast I

South Australia, Australia
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Hi everyone!!
I’m Corey from Adelaide, South Australia.
I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLXR which I’ve been building up for the last year.
My and my partner have been doing heaps of over landing, camping, 4wding especially over the last year and have some big trips planned!
Cheers

Attachments

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

Hi everyone!!
I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Triton GLXR which I’ve been building up for the last year.
My and my partner have been doing heaps of over landing, camping, 4wding especially over the last year and have some big trips planned!
Cheers
Welcome to the crew mate. Good to see another Aussie on board.

Reactions: Kent R and AusCorey

AusCorey

Rank III

Enthusiast I

South Australia, Australia
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Hi everyone!!
Cheers
Welcome to the crew mate. Good to see another Aussie on board.
Thanks mate, appreciate it! Just need to learn how to use forums now, but I’m a quick learner ;)

Enthusiast II

Okeechobee, FL, USA
First Name
Heath
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Heath
from South Florida
2018 Ford F-150 FX4
As new as you can be

Our first adventure is a road trip to Montana. Can’t wait to see the rest of this beautiful, free country we live in. I’m excited about the trip and learning as we go. I figure on the way Overland Bound would be a great resource.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, This is Bill form Santa Fe NM, just joining the forum. I am new to overlanding and looking to these forums to help out and ideas for beginning trips in northern new mexico. We're driving a 2016 4runner.
Hello William, welcome to the OB community.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Howdy all,
View attachment 200413
Hello CHris, welcome to Overland Bound, and yea that’s kickapoo!

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi everyone!!
Cheers
Hello Corey, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and AusCorey

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Heath
from South Florida
2018 Ford F-150 FX4
As new as you can be

Our first adventure is a road trip to Montana. Can’t wait to see the rest of this beautiful, free country we live in. I’m excited about the trip and learning as we go. I figure on the way Overland Bound would be a great resource.
Hello Heath, welcome to Overland Bound.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I’m in Denver, basically. I’m down. It’s stock right now, but I’m ordering skids tomorrow. Sliders are next. Where are y’all at?
I'm just to the North in Fort Collins. you shuold check out the Region specific forum in the Rocky mountain roll call. Rocky Mountain Region Roll Call! introduce yourself here as well, we have alot of local and active members.