Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Brandon, and recently joined the forum. My family and I like to get out and run trails, and adventure up in the mountains of Colorado.

We live just outside of Denver. I drive a 2021 Chevy Colorado ZR2. This is fourth off-road vehicle, but have had a 4Runner, LX450 80 Series Land Cruiser and a Ford Ranger. This ZR2 has been a blast so far.

I used to do quite a bit of exploring before kids, and have gotten back into it over the last couple of years. We noticed that we prefer to travel spot to spot in our vehicle instead of camping in one place. This approach seemed very similar to overloading and we are now planning some 3-4 day trips.

Look forward to learning from the members on this forum.
Welcome to Overland Bound Brandon
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone,

I’m Kez. Attached is a picture of my 2016 Jeep and my DIY trailer. Currently stationed in Southern AL; where there is pretty minimal overland opportunities.

See ya out there!
Welcome To Overland Bound Kez
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone,

My name is Ryan and I am based just north in Bountiful above Salt Lake City, Utah. I drive a 2017 JKU Sahara, though I have modified it quite a bit (Pic attached.). I have limited overlanding experience. Mostly closer trails and campsites around the area. I joined because I am really interested in exploring other areas but am still learning about gps navigation and places I can get to. I know there are a ton of places in southern Utah but it is nice to figure out a few places to go that I don’t have to hit the freeway for a few hours before I can start on the trail to get to where I want to go. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you all.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com

Ringo6913

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Dymchurch
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Fisher
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm Steve or Ringo if you want to use my nickname.

I run a TD5 DC Defender 2003 which has seen many incarnations over the almost 15 years I've owned it.

Experience wise I've done green laning, visited Wales to sample the mountains etc, travelled to France in my Defender for battlefield trips amongst other things.
Hi Steve and welcome!

Where abouts are you based?
I'm in Kent UK

professorpool

Local Expert West Europe
Launch Member

Traveler III

Woking, England
First Name
Nik
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Hi everyone,

I'm Steve or Ringo if you want to use my nickname.

I run a TD5 DC Defender 2003 which has seen many incarnations over the almost 15 years I've owned it.

Experience wise I've done green laning, visited Wales to sample the mountains etc, travelled to France in my Defender for battlefield trips amongst other things.
Hi Steve and welcome!

Where abouts are you based?
I'm in Kent UK
Tidy,

Surrey, UK

We’ve got a rally point at the overland show and a few more meets in the offing (just waiting for the lockdown to end)..

If you need any help finding your way around let me know :)

Reactions: Kent R

Evangius

Rank I

Contributor III

Utah
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stevenson
Welcome to Overland Bound Ryan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Facebook Groups
The closest Member Representatives to you are @A-Aron & @Knitron
Check out the Expo that will be in CO https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Thanks Kent I appreciate the guidance and the links.

GrnGhost

Rank III

Traveler III

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Stout
Member #

Good morning from Sunny OKC!!! I am new to the Overland Group! Novice in overlanding but experienced in being outdoors!! Rig is a 2019 TRD Pro. Pics to come. I was introduced to this by a member that highly encouraged me to join for the wisdom of those that have gone before and those that have made the mistakes. Looking forward to getting out and exploring!!

Ghost

Nomad_Elvey

Rank I

Contributor III

Lithia, FL, USA
First Name
Louis
Last Name
Elvey
Hello folks,

My name's louis and at this point I don't have an overland vehicle I think. My wife and I spent 7 months living in our 5er, traveling around AZ, CO, UT, TX, & NM until work forced me to move back to the east. Just sold my rig and truck (picture attached) as a set and so now I am trying to figure out what to buy next so I can try to recreate the sense of freedom while still tethered to a house. I think I have decide to buy a GX 460, which would be a Prado where I come from in South Africa. We plan on doing lots of miles to get from FL to the canyon lands and I think doing that in the luxury of a GX would be great. I am hoping to find lots of knowledge about how to do a build because I haven't done that before and hopefully find some like minded people in the Tampa Bay area that could go out with me on occasions to learn a bit more about how to do overlanding correctly.

OverlandUpload1.jpg

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Good morning from Sunny OKC!!! I am new to the Overland Group! Novice in overlanding but experienced in being outdoors!! Rig is a 2019 TRD Pro. Pics to come. I was introduced to this by a member that highly encouraged me to join for the wisdom of those that have gone before and those that have made the mistakes. Looking forward to getting out and exploring!!

Ghost
Hello Tony (@GrnGhost), welcome from Texas.

I am the SW Region Member Rep for TX. @Prerunner1982 is your Rep for OK and @Iwata77 is a multi-region member rep covering TX, OK, MO, AR, and KS.

Since you are in the Southwest Region, check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or, to check out what other members are planning, you can go here: Overland Trip Planning.

Also, if you are on Facebook, feel free to join us there as well - Overland Bound – Southwest.

If you have any questions, please let one of us know.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello folks,

My name's louis and at this point I don't have an overland vehicle I think. My wife and I spent 7 months living in our 5er, traveling around AZ, CO, UT, TX, & NM until work forced me to move back to the east. Just sold my rig and truck (picture attached) as a set and so now I am trying to figure out what to buy next so I can try to recreate the sense of freedom while still tethered to a house. I think I have decide to buy a GX 460, which would be a Prado where I come from in South Africa. We plan on doing lots of miles to get from FL to the canyon lands and I think doing that in the luxury of a GX would be great. I am hoping to find lots of knowledge about how to do a build because I haven't done that before and hopefully find some like minded people in the Tampa Bay area that could go out with me on occasions to learn a bit more about how to do overlanding correctly.

View attachment 199549
Welcome from Texas

Guardian

Rank II

Contributor III

Apopka, FL, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Algarin
Member #

Hi. My name is Joshua. After working in public safety for most of my adult life, I was injured in the line of duty and was retired with disability. I did not know what I was missing out on. After learning about overlanding and watching all these videos in the subject, I have fallen in love with nature and the overland experience. I like to take my family out so my kids don’t miss what I missed. I have a 2012 Jeep Rubicon and I am here to help and share in whatever I can do. Thanks.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi. My name is Joshua. After working in public safety for most of my adult life, I was injured in the line of duty and was retired with disability. I did not know what I was missing out on. After learning about overlanding and watching all these videos in the subject, I have fallen in love with nature and the overland experience. I like to take my family out so my kids don’t miss what I missed. I have a 2012 Jeep Rubicon and I am here to help and share in whatever I can do. Thanks.
Welcome from Texas

Reactions: Kent R and Guardian

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Tony (@GrnGhost ), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. We have meet ups in the SA area so keep an eye out for the next one.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, @Iwata77 is another rep up in the Tulsa area. If you have any questions let one of us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

WelderP

Rank III

Contributor III

Lookout Mountain, Georgia, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Hi y’all. My names Will, and I’ve just recently joined overland bound. Been watching on youtube for a while and finally decided to join

Rig: 2014 AM General Mobility Ventures MV-1

Experience: Very limited overlanding experience. Growing up I would go camping with my dad but being disabled tended to limit where I could go and for how long, but I’ve recently discovered overlanding (last several years) and at first didn’t think it was something I could do as I didn’t have and couldn’t get a large 4x4 vehicle but I’ve learned more and more that that shouldn’t limit adventure. Sure my vehicle is only 2 wheel drive and ways 3.5 tons but in the end it’s a great vehicle that does most of what I ask of it.

Thanks for making such a great platform. See y’all out there

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hi y’all. My names Will, and I’ve just recently joined overland bound. Been watching on youtube for a while and finally decided to join

Rig: 2014 AM General Mobility Ventures MV-1

Experience: Very limited overlanding experience. Growing up I would go camping with my dad but being disabled tended to limit where I could go and for how long, but I’ve recently discovered overlanding (last several years) and at first didn’t think it was something I could do as I didn’t have and couldn’t get a large 4x4 vehicle but I’ve learned more and more that that shouldn’t limit adventure. Sure my vehicle is only 2 wheel drive and ways 3.5 tons but in the end it’s a great vehicle that does most of what I ask of it.

Thanks for making such a great platform. See y’all out there
Welcome from Texas

Jchua2

Rank 0

Contributor I

NJ, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Chua
Just introducing myself! From Northern New Jersey. I love the outdoors and adventure. I enjoy mountain climbing and camping. I have a lifted Jeep so Overlanding is totally appealing to me and been really enjoying all the great Youtube videos out there. I'm hoping to get out there and hoping to learn and meet some great people out here!

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Just introducing myself! From Northern New Jersey. I love the outdoors and adventure. I enjoy mountain climbing and camping. I have a lifted Jeep so Overlanding is totally appealing to me and been really enjoying all the great Youtube videos out there. I'm hoping to get out there and hoping to learn and meet some great people out here!
Welcome from Texas

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Ghost
Hello Tony, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello folks,

View attachment 199549
Hello Louis, welcome to Overland Bound.