Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jennifer (@NailCruisers ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities. Prior to the pandemic we had monthly meet ups in the Phoenix area, hopefully they can get going again soon.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps, however @freak4life is your closest rep. If you have any questions let one of us know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Fishhippie

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Thad
Last Name
Robison
Member #

Welcome to the crew! I'll be watching that video! I'm curious what the plan for Ushuaia would be. I'd certainly follow your adventure. OLB has my nose to the grindstone (no complaints) but would like to make a trip like that someday.
Thanks Michael! We built that truck on a shoestring budget. Crossing fingers we are able to finish the expedition one day. Definitely learned a lot on that trip.

Reactions: Kent R and Michael

Cliff

Rank 0

Contributor I

Washington, USA
First Name
Cliff
Last Name
Fiess
Hi from Washington State. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner that's essentially stock, and I'm new to overlanding. In addition to overlanding in general, I'm interested in photographing some of the amazing scenery that overlanders get to see.
Cliff

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi from Washington State. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner that's essentially stock, and I'm new to overlanding. In addition to overlanding in general, I'm interested in photographing some of the amazing scenery that overlanders get to see.
Cliff

Hello Cliff , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. You have several Member Representatives in Washington State, but without knowing what city/town you are in, I don’t know who your closest member rep is.

To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and Cliff

2 is 1 OVERLAND

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area, TX, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
DiGaetano
Member #

Current Rig: 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel

Previous Rig: 2014 Wrangle Sport and a wide variety of HUMVEE’s in Afghanistan

Experience: Novice

Location: DFW but most adventures take place in NM and Colorado.

Why: I love adventure and when COVID hit this seemed the best way to keep having adventures. My kids are also now old enough to not mind long road trips

Attachments

Last edited:

Willi_Griffon

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Wilton Maine
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Willihan
Member #

*Maine Family*
Family of 3 (+dog) entering into the world of vehicle supported travel and adventure. 2017 Toyota Tundra SR. Thank you to @lifestyleoverland and @epicfamilyroadtrip for showing us the way into family focused overlanding. We are excited to show our son the world through back roads and remote campsites while treading lightly and finding belonging in an adventures based community.

Attachments

Crazee Trucker Kevin

Rank II

Contributor III

Bemidji, MN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Iwerks
Member #

Hey y'all new member

Trucker living in Bemidji, MN when I'm not on the road.

Just picked up a 2021 JT as a blank canvas.

Still a novice to overlanding tho I did a lil bit out in Utah a couple summers ago in my old 2011 Liberty.
Not planning a heavy rock crawling build just something that will get me back out in the wild and some cool places that I've yet to be.
It'll be a slow process and progression on the equipment and skills, but I definitely learned I enjoyed bouncing around the middle of nowhere

Marla Meckes

Rank III

Member III

Downey, CA
First Name
Marla
Last Name
Meckes
Member #

Hi all! We're another long time stalker/new member couple. I'm Marla and I just got a 2018 4Runner TRD Premium. My hubby is Tim and he has a 2008 Jeep JK. We've been overlanding for many years, but mostly just day trips and short camping trips with our black lab, Mick. We're want to start meeting people in our area and going for longer trips, so here we are.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi! I’m Ro

‘21 Toyota 4R
I’m in San Leandro, Ca
My Experience- 1 day in the mud at OHV park 2 weeks after purchase and 1 week in Baja with Shaffer’s Offroad. Most amazing trip I’m hooked.
I have always had stock vehicles, after a surgery for a blocked carotid artery I decided to change my life. I got a pup named her Coach to get me off the couch, then I traded my 2wd Tacoma for a 4x4 and ordered all kinds of bits and pieces And waited the pandemic lead times to build so I lost 60lbs. The build Completed 1 week before my epic Baja trip where I met several OB members who encouraged me to join ( I was on the fence)so I immediately joined when I returned home. I plan on at least 1 weekend camp/exploration trip per month with the pup, joining meetups and losing more weight!
Hello Rochelle, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey there I’m Seth

I just picked up the keys to a 2021 Ram 2500 75th anniversary Power Wagon. After years of rock crawling Jeep TJs and XJs, I decided to pull the trigger on a full-size rig and try my hand at overlanding. My wife has a 2019 Jeep JL rubicon that we are also in the process of building for overland travel. We are from the Boulder County, Colorado area. When it comes to overland experience I would consider us more on the novice side. We camp very routinely but when it comes to vehicle dependent long distance travel we are open to learning new things. Our goals are to start small and hit all the national parks in the continental US. Looking forward to meeting new people in this community and very excited for the start of new adventures.
Hello Seth, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! Here’s our introduction!
Jennifer and Clint Nail
Rig: 1999 Toyota Landcruiser UZJ100
We also have a Toyota Landcruiser FJ40 we use for hardcore rock crawling.
We are new to overlanding! Just got the 100 a month ago. Working on upgrades and have the first family trip planned for early June!
Hello Jennifer and Clint
Welcome to the Overland Bound community
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-routes-downloadable.29/?prefix_id=67
Map - Overland Bound
Welcome to Rally Point! - Overland Bound

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi all! We're another long time stalker/new member couple. I'm Marla and I just got a 2018 4Runner TRD Premium. My hubby is Tim and he has a 2008 Jeep JK. We've been overlanding for many years, but mostly just day trips and short camping trips with our black lab, Mick. We're want to start meeting people in our area and going for longer trips, so here we are.
Hello Marla, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Cliff
Hello Cliff, welcome to Overland Bound. Photography is one of the main reasons that I got into overlanding.

Reactions: Kent R and Cliff

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Current Rig: 2021 Wrangler Rubicon Diesel

Previous Rig: 2014 Wrangle Sport and a wide variety of HUMVEE’s in Afghanistan

Experience: Novice

Location: DFW but most adventures take place in NM and Colorado.

Why: I love adventure and when COVID hit this seemed the best way to keep having adventures. My kids are also now old enough to not mind long road trips
Hello Bill, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
*Maine Family*
Family of 3 (+dog) entering into the world of vehicle supported travel and adventure. 2017 Toyota Tundra SR. Thank you to @lifestyleoverland and @epicfamilyroadtrip for showing us the way into family focused overlanding. We are excited to show our son the world through back roads and remote campsites while treading lightly and finding belonging in an adventures based community.
Hello Andrew, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey y'all new member

Still a novice to overlanding tho I did a lil bit out in Utah a couple summers ago in my old 2011 Liberty.
Not planning a heavy rock crawling build just something that will get me back out in the wild and some cool places that I've yet to be.
It'll be a slow process and progression on the equipment and skills, but I definitely learned I enjoyed bouncing around the middle of nowhere
Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound.

Crazee Trucker Kevin

Rank II

Contributor III

Bemidji, MN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Iwerks
Member #

Hey y'all new member

Hello Kevin, welcome to Overland Bound.
Thanks for the welcome!

RedBomber

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, United States
First Name
Aryn
Last Name
Nuffer
Hey I’m Aryn!
Graduated college in 2019 & got myself my dream car to celebrate! 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon dubbed the Rhino. My husband just got a 2021 75th Edition Power Wagon & we’re excited to take the new rig out with our ol’ gal.
We’re new to the overlanding world & are excited to take our love of the outdoors & camping to new & remote areas!
Pictured is my baby & my husband’s OG crawler, the Wendigo.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey I’m Aryn!
Graduated college in 2019 & got myself my dream car to celebrate! 2019 Jeep JL Rubicon dubbed the Rhino. My husband just got a 2021 75th Edition Power Wagon & we’re excited to take the new rig out with our ol’ gal.
We’re new to the overlanding world & are excited to take our love of the outdoors & camping to new & remote areas!
Pictured is my baby & my husband’s OG crawler, the Wendigo.
Hello Aryn, welcome to Overland Bound.