Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
i’m steph
85 land cruiser fj60
live in mendocino county california
just started fitting out a few months ago. grew up camping off the grid in trucks but we never called it over landing lol.. i’m a novice but am with a pretty experienced overlander so i get a lot of help. (i buy he builds.)
Hello Steph, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Brand new member living in Indianapolis. 2006 I bought a Jeep Wrangler and drove it to Moab as a stock vehicle. Was really impressed with the Jeep. 2011 I traded it for a Camaro SS and traded that to a Camaro 1LE a couple years later. My son and I would go west (Wyoming and Colorado, Ouray is my favorite town) and would drive past the gravel roads and wondered where they went. 2015 I got back into a Jeep LJ and within a month it was lifted running 35's, winch, and a roof top tent. Until June of last year when I traded the Jeep for a 2020 4Runner TRD Off Road. Loving the ride and quietness of the Toyota. No off road pics yet, gimme a couple weeks as I have trip planned to Utah with an adventurous appetite to feed.

View attachment 197314

View attachment 197315
Brand new member living in Indianapolis. 2006 I bought a Jeep Wrangler and drove it to Moab as a stock vehicle. Was really impressed with the Jeep. 2011 I traded it for a Camaro SS and traded that to a Camaro 1LE a couple years later. My son and I would go west (Wyoming and Colorado, Ouray is my favorite town) and would drive past the gravel roads and wondered where they went. 2015 I got back into a Jeep LJ and within a month it was lifted running 35's, winch, and a roof top tent. Until June of last year when I traded the Jeep for a 2020 4Runner TRD Off Road. Loving the ride and quietness of the Toyota. No off road pics yet, gimme a couple weeks as I have trip planned to Utah with an adventurous appetite to feed.

View attachment 197314

View attachment 197315
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I'm new to Overlanding. I've always enjoyed camping and like driving off the beaten path; so I'm pretty stoked there is a word for both of those combined :) I had a Jeep GC Overland (which I miss) and now have a Ram 1500 and look for any excuse to explore Colorado back roads and trails.
Hello Chris, welcome to Overland Bound.

Reactions: Kent R and zeus7

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
RIG : 2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK
We are pretty new to overlanding and social media part of it but not to exploring.
I'm looking forward to meeting new people in this community and also if there's any artist out there like myself.
I just made an Instagram for my Jeep so if anyone wants to check out and know more follow me @wabisabiwk2 and personal account for art is @2dope.4tv
Hope to meet y'all soon
Hello Jefe, welcome to Overland Bound.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I'm new to Overlanding. I've always enjoyed camping and like driving off the beaten path; so I'm pretty stoked there is a word for both of those combined :) I had a Jeep GC Overland (which I miss) and now have a Ram 1500 and look for any excuse to explore Colorado back roads and trails.
Welcome Chris!

Reactions: Kent R and zeus7

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
i’m steph
85 land cruiser fj60
live in mendocino county california
just started fitting out a few months ago. grew up camping off the grid in trucks but we never called it over landing lol.. i’m a novice but am with a pretty experienced overlander so i get a lot of help. (i buy he builds.)
Great rig! I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello Overland Bound Community,

Long time lurker, watched so many Overland Bound YouTube videos and wanted to finally do my part and support the great content the team puts out.

Rig: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser (3FE let's go...I mean I'll catch up to the group lol)
Mods:
  • 33" KO2s
  • Snorkel
  • 2" Ironman Lift
  • Ironman recovery points (front and rear)
  • Voswitch to control lights and harbor freight onboard air in the engine bay.
  • ATOTO 10.1 inch head unit w/ Carplay & front/rear cameras
  • Custom storage and sleeping platform in the rear
  • Painted a bunch of outside trim (grill and flares) and stock bumper
  • Vinyl wrap on the hood (clear coat faded).
Experience: Mostly heading to Hollister and other off-road recreation areas to bounce around in the dirt. Getting ready for some weekend car camping trips, looking forward to using the app to find some good spots

View attachment 197267View attachment 197268View attachment 197269
Nice looking rig, good storage solutions.
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has 2021 all planned out and you can see the plan under the second post in our thread.

Below is a link to the meet up page and thread with information.

This is the regular meet up info:

US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

caspoint220

local Expert, West Europe
Launch Member

Steward I

Biblical Garden, Elgin, Scotland IV30 1HU, United Kingdom
First Name
Steve
Last Name
W
Member #

Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.View attachment 197125
Hey mate welcome, as Dave said, in responsible for all things Scotland and Northern England. Gimme a shout anytime!

We have a Facebook and WhatsApp group aswell if you would like to be more active

BlueLotus

Rank 0

Contributor I

Frankfurt am Main, Hesse, Germany
First Name
Laurent
Last Name
Thuillier
Hi,
My Name is Laurent.
I’m a French guy living in Germany near Frankfurt.
My wife and I bought a VW California 4 years ago. We love it. It is 4 WD, with a lift kit that make it very capable to drive off-road.
We drove already very nice trip to the Baltic Lands in summer, and twice in Winter to the artic circle in Sweden and Norway to the northern cape of Europe: Amazing
My dream: coming to America and drive the West states from Utah to Oregon, than British Columbia and back through Canada to Halifax to get the Ship back to Europe.
Preparing the trip is already amazing and I am glad to be a member in Overland Bound to learn from your experience.
And maybe we can be some help to someone who want to travel in Europe
Bye

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
My Name is Laurent.
My wife and I bought a VW California 4 years ago. We love it. It is 4 WD, with a lift kit that make it very capable to drive off-road.
We drove already very nice trip to the Baltic Lands in summer, and twice in Winter to the artic circle in Sweden and Norway to the northern cape of Europe: Amazing
My dream: coming to America and drive the West states from Utah to Oregon, than British Columbia and back through Canada to Halifax to get the Ship back to Europe.
Preparing the trip is already amazing and I am glad to be a member in Overland Bound to learn from your experience.
Bye
Welcome to Overland Bound Laurent
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @El-Dracho & @NotGumby
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
If you need any help with your US adventure just message me and I will direct you to the local resource. @Kent R
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: NotGumby

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 197342

Name Richard M.
Rig :2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Overlanding Experience Background: None yet
Welcome to Overland Bound Richard
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
RIG : 2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK
We are pretty new to overlanding and social media part of it but not to exploring.
I'm looking forward to meeting new people in this community and also if there's any artist out there like myself.
I just made an Instagram for my Jeep so if anyone wants to check out and know more follow me @wabisabiwk2 and personal account for art is @2dope.4tv
Hope to meet y'all soon
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hi,
My Name is Laurent.
Bye
Hello Laurent, welcome to Overland Bound, your offer is very kind, beautiful picture.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Voth
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hi,
My Name is Laurent.
Bye
Hello and welcome Laurent! Nice introduction and picture. I’ve travelled a little bit in Sweden and Norway too, but not during winter. Burrr! Please look at the mid-Europe forums for upcoming meets (once things settle down) and for information on the virtual campfire. I’m in the FFM area too, so hopefully we can meet up for a drink or meal soon. Hope to meet you in Frankfurt or “on the road” soon!

Best regards,
Rick

Doc Runner

Rank IV

Advocate III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Baleria
Member #

Service Branch
Navy
Hello all!

Phil and fam here.

Elk Grove, California(Sacramento area)

Camped my whole life, mostly tame though. Some wild, some boondocking. 4 wheels and 2 wheels. New to overlanding.

Don't have my rig yet, it's still being finished in factory. 5th gen 4runner Off-road. So our real overlanding adventures are yet to start. Been packing up the wagon and going tame camping for years.

See some of you all on the trails soon!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi,
My Name is Laurent.
Bye
Bonjour Laurent,

Welcome to OB! Hopefully we can meet on some trails soon!

For the time when we cannot meet in person, we have established the virtual OB Europe campfire. It takes places every 2nd week Friday at 8PM CET. Please feel free to join for some good talks if you like! All details in the Rally Point

If you need some help preparing your dream trip to North America let me know. We did that 6 years ago, shipped from Europe to th US, took a round trip and shipped back. That was an amazing time.

Cheers, Björn (also located near Frankfurt)

Gr8samwich

Rank 0

Contributor I

Burbank, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Samantha
Last Name
Moulton
Hi there,
New member here in the Los Angeles area. Complete novice to overlanding, but after a couple trips to the desert I am obsessed and excited for the adventures to come! I just outfitted my rig (2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD)with a rooftop tent and heading to Anza Borrego this weekend to try it out. I know it's custom to name your rig... I'm kicking around 'Nate, Nate Mazda'. He's reliable, no-nonsense, and he goes with anything.

Gr8samwich

Rank 0

Contributor I

Burbank, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Samantha
Last Name
Moulton
Hi- new member here in the Los Angeles area. I'm a novice to overlanding, but after a few trips to the desert I'm obsessed and planning many adventures to come! I just outfitted my rig (2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD) with a rooftop tent and heading to Anza Borrego this weekend to break it in. I know it's custom to name your rig... I'm kicking around 'Nate, Nate Mazda'. He's reliable, no-nonsense, and goes with anything.

Attachments

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77