Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here just saying hi and working out how all this works...
Welcome to Overland Bound
If you have any questions about the forum, just find an appropriate page and ask the community they are always helpful.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest local Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

zeus7

Rank II

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Colon
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.
Here is a page that might help with your rig build;
Full Sized Rigs

Wow! Thanks @Kent R Great information here. Looks like work is going to have to wait so I can look at all this instead :-P

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
i’m steph
85 land cruiser fj60
live in mendocino county california
just started fitting out a few months ago. grew up camping off the grid in trucks but we never called it over landing lol.. i’m a novice but am with a pretty experienced overlander so i get a lot of help. (i buy he builds.)
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB, Nevada @HappyOurOverlanding
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®
There is going to be a local meet-up in Rohnert Park soon that you might be interested in;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day from over here in Australia!

Another long time lurker finally committing to creating an account too haha. Currently running a 2006 Subaru Outback H6 with no modifications, as well as a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series I'm fixing up slowly. The Subaru is a bit of a daily, as well as a shuttle to get to and from Mountain Bike tracks. I'm hoping to put the Landcruiser on what is known as heritage plates over here and dedicate it as a weekend camper.

View attachment 197298
Your Regional Director is @bjy10 for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
John, just getting into the game.
I’m on the road now from Cincinati area and headed to Utah.
Stoped outside of Memphis for a night and now I’m in the Hot Springs National Park.
Haven’t decided the next stop if you all got any suggestions............."
I’m driving what some have considered an oilman rig, 2003 F-150 super crew 4x4 with a rooftop tent and a bed slide out for the kitchen etc.
I’ll try to upload some picks.
Welcome to Overland Bound John
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, but on your trip local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @JRElaxED @Ohio Valley Overland
When you are in the Rock Mountain Region the regional Director is @Neal A. Tew and the Member Representatives are CO Western Slope @OpenlanderZ, CO Front Range @trail_runn4r, UT @A-Aron @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound Community,

Long time lurker, watched so many Overland Bound YouTube videos and wanted to finally do my part and support the great content the team puts out.

Rig: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser (3FE let's go...I mean I'll catch up to the group lol)
Mods:
  • 33" KO2s
  • Snorkel
  • 2" Ironman Lift
  • Ironman recovery points (front and rear)
  • Voswitch to control lights and harbor freight onboard air in the engine bay.
  • ATOTO 10.1 inch head unit w/ Carplay & front/rear cameras
  • Custom storage and sleeping platform in the rear
  • Painted a bunch of outside trim (grill and flares) and stock bumper
  • Vinyl wrap on the hood (clear coat faded).
Experience: Mostly heading to Hollister and other off-road recreation areas to bounce around in the dirt. Getting ready for some weekend car camping trips, looking forward to using the app to find some good spots

View attachment 197267View attachment 197268View attachment 197269
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone...

Been a member for a couple months now but was a bit busy with life, and had some technical problems with getting on the forums, but had a whole lot of my time freed up recently (Broke up with girlfriend ) so here I am...

I'm Jeremy
My Baby is "Betsie" She is a 2018 Ram 2500 HD 4x4 Laramie
she came with the 20" wheels on 33" shoes but I cut the pinch welds and used a heat gun to mold the fender and lining back on the front fenders to fit 37" can't even tell anything was done
got her a 2.5 level kit in front
she has air bags in back
did the 50 gal. Titan fuel tank upgrade (wanna go further for longer) I wanna do the 30 gal. spare tire well tank next!!
brand new Snug Top, windoors with slides on the sides, USB outlets at the tail gate, and yakama tracks on top for a future rack, wing awning, and lighting system.
full bed carpet
Last but not least, I got her the Road Armor Stealth front bumper with 4 Westin crazy bright LED fogs, and a 12k Warn wench with synthetic rope that will protect my babies grill. Think I have to go bigger on the wench though... (popped the drum rope set bolt tryin to pull her out of deep snow last weekend up at Bald Mt.)
That is pretty much it.... For now... gotta financially recover from what I've already done... and I mean YIKES!!!
My last trip up to Bald Mt. reminded me I should of done the lockers, and got bead lock rims before anything...lol

So a little about me...

I LOVE being outdoors!!! I live in beautiful Clovis California which is literally a stones throw from some of the most beautiful places California has to offer!!! Sadly though, I have lived here for over 7 years and I can bearly count on both hands how many times and places I've been to in the Central Valley... I've never liked going out alone, and have missed out on too much the last 7 years and my life for that matter because of it (safety concerns)... I started going out alone for short hikes and the like locally the last couple years, and last weekends trip up the (Jeep trail) to Bald Mt. summit was my first solo trail trip. Didn't think I was going to make it several times, but I tackled each obstacle as they came and got up there... Was completely EXHILARATING every step of the way..... But the summit..... OH reaching the summit brought tears to my eyes!!!!! natures wondrous beauty laying out before me!!!!! , just would of been way better to share in the experience with like minded people!!!

Sooooooo That is why I am here... As you can tell, I can talk...lol, and I love to met new interesting people who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do who can also carry a conversation... if you can't, no worries because I am always filled with questions when I don't know or understand something...lol. I wouldn't say im a novice because I will head out to the deserts of Sothern California where I'm from any time any where down there, but big mountains, big trees, and everything that comes with it I could use some pointers and welcome any and all experiences that will expand my knowledge. I'm not a big drinker, but around the camp fire after a good day out in nature I'll enjoy a few. Drinking while trail riding I shy away from, and that's when Pappa bear comes out... I am VERY safety conscious, and will always look out for anyone who is with me.

I am very excited to be a part of Overland Bound, and soooo look forward to meeting new people, exchanging knowledge/experiences/life enrichments, and enjoying natures beauty with everyone I can. Please feel free to contact me anytime if your local to me.

Take care, stay safe, and tread lightly my new friends

A couple pix from my Bald Mt. trip:

View attachment 197261View attachment 197262View attachment 197263View attachment 197264
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeremy
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a local meet-up that @Inthewoods can get you information on.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

I hope I am doing this correctly!? We just joined OB our number is 27195. We are very excited to be a part of the community. We love overland camping and exploring wilderness trails. We run a 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2. We use it as a dedicated trail rig and so far we have almost 9k of adventure miles on the odo. We love nature, T.R.E.A.D. Lightly and really enjoy the opportunity overlanding gives us to spend time as a family (except Fudge, our bulldog, he hates camping, LOL). We live north of Atlanta, GA so we spend most of our time in the Chattahoochee National Forest, Pisgah National Forest and Cherokee National Forest. We love the mountains and camping up above the bugs and humidity. We run slow paced, stop at waterfalls, eat well (not OVRLNDX / Mama Bear well but we try) and are not looking to break our rig. We are always looking for groups to go with on adventures and other couples and families to team up with on smaller runs. I am an old Eagle Scout so being prepared comes with my background. Really looking forward to all the community has to offer and hoping to provide some value to other members along the way! We look forward to seeing you all out on the trails! - Mike and Beth
Welcome To Overland Bound Mike and Beth
Yep this is the place to start so yes you are doing it correctly ;-)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan

Reactions: North40overland

WABISABI WK2

Rank II

Contributor III

Killeen, Bell County, Texas, United States
First Name
Jefe
Last Name
Quiroz
Member #

RIG : 2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK
We are pretty new to overlanding and social media part of it but not to exploring.
I'm looking forward to meeting new people in this community and also if there's any artist out there like myself.
I just made an Instagram for my Jeep so if anyone wants to check out and know more follow me @wabisabiwk2 and personal account for art is @2dope.4tv
Hope to meet y'all soon

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jefe (@WABISABI WK2 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock (Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet - Overland Bound ) but it looks like you just missed it for this month.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning.

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Hey everyone...

Been a member for a couple months now but was a bit busy with life, and had some technical problems with getting on the forums, but had a whole lot of my time freed up recently (Broke up with girlfriend ) so here I am...

I'm Jeremy
she came with the 20" wheels on 33" shoes but I cut the pinch welds and used a heat gun to mold the fender and lining back on the front fenders to fit 37" can't even tell anything was done
she has air bags in back
did the 50 gal. Titan fuel tank upgrade (wanna go further for longer) I wanna do the 30 gal. spare tire well tank next!!
brand new Snug Top, windoors with slides on the sides, USB outlets at the tail gate, and yakama tracks on top for a future rack, wing awning, and lighting system.
full bed carpet
Last but not least, I got her the Road Armor Stealth front bumper with 4 Westin crazy bright LED fogs, and a 12k Warn wench with synthetic rope that will protect my babies grill. Think I have to go bigger on the wench though... (popped the drum rope set bolt tryin to pull her out of deep snow last weekend up at Bald Mt.)
That is pretty much it.... For now... gotta financially recover from what I've already done... and I mean YIKES!!!
My last trip up to Bald Mt. reminded me I should of done the lockers, and got bead lock rims before anything...lol

So a little about me...

I LOVE being outdoors!!! I live in beautiful Clovis California which is literally a stones throw from some of the most beautiful places California has to offer!!! Sadly though, I have lived here for over 7 years and I can bearly count on both hands how many times and places I've been to in the Central Valley... I've never liked going out alone, and have missed out on too much the last 7 years and my life for that matter because of it (safety concerns)... I started going out alone for short hikes and the like locally the last couple years, and last weekends trip up the (Jeep trail) to Bald Mt. summit was my first solo trail trip. Didn't think I was going to make it several times, but I tackled each obstacle as they came and got up there... Was completely EXHILARATING every step of the way..... But the summit..... OH reaching the summit brought tears to my eyes!!!!! natures wondrous beauty laying out before me!!!!! , just would of been way better to share in the experience with like minded people!!!

Sooooooo That is why I am here... As you can tell, I can talk...lol, and I love to met new interesting people who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do who can also carry a conversation... if you can't, no worries because I am always filled with questions when I don't know or understand something...lol. I wouldn't say im a novice because I will head out to the deserts of Sothern California where I'm from any time any where down there, but big mountains, big trees, and everything that comes with it I could use some pointers and welcome any and all experiences that will expand my knowledge. I'm not a big drinker, but around the camp fire after a good day out in nature I'll enjoy a few. Drinking while trail riding I shy away from, and that's when Pappa bear comes out... I am VERY safety conscious, and will always look out for anyone who is with me.

I am very excited to be a part of Overland Bound, and soooo look forward to meeting new people, exchanging knowledge/experiences/life enrichments, and enjoying natures beauty with everyone I can. Please feel free to contact me anytime if your local to me.

View attachment 197261View attachment 197262View attachment 197263View attachment 197264
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeremy
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative Central Valley @TOMB
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a local meet-up that @Inthewoods can get you information on.

Jeremy,
I'm Inthewoods (Steve)
I hold monthly meeting in Visalia CA and take trips every month. I to have a full size Dodge Ram 2500 currently in Clovis at Extreme 4x4 having 4.88 gears and a Detroit locker installed. I hope to get my truck today.
We are having a meeting tomorrow at Sportsman warehouse in Visalia, information is in the Rally point. We taking a trip to Monache Meadows in a few weeks, your welcome to join if you want. I have a YouTube channel if interested.
Adventures inthewoods (inthewoods all one word)
I winter camp alot of Fresno and going up there soon.

Feel free to pm me.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey all, my name is Elyse from Massachusetts. I just got my '04 Wrangler last year and spent most of the year fixing stuff / getting it more road worthy. I have a few more projects to go (and yet to rig it for overlanding) but I'm finally beginning to look into some potential overland trips for this summer, hopefully up in northern NH to start and then northern ME as well!
Hello Elyse, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! My name is Carolyn, I am a very new overlander from New Mexico. My rig is a 2018 Toyota Tundra double cab. It is still entirely stock with the exception of the tires which I have upgraded to BFG ko2’s. I’ve done several small trips over this last year but look forward to getting into some more technical stuff as time goes on.View attachment 197200
Hello Carolyn, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Everyone!

I hope I am doing this correctly!? We just joined OB our number is 27195. We are very excited to be a part of the community. We love overland camping and exploring wilderness trails. We run a 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2. We use it as a dedicated trail rig and so far we have almost 9k of adventure miles on the odo. We love nature, T.R.E.A.D. Lightly and really enjoy the opportunity overlanding gives us to spend time as a family (except Fudge, our bulldog, he hates camping, LOL). We live north of Atlanta, GA so we spend most of our time in the Chattahoochee National Forest, Pisgah National Forest and Cherokee National Forest. We love the mountains and camping up above the bugs and humidity. We run slow paced, stop at waterfalls, eat well (not OVRLNDX / Mama Bear well but we try) and are not looking to break our rig. We are always looking for groups to go with on adventures and other couples and families to team up with on smaller runs. I am an old Eagle Scout so being prepared comes with my background. Really looking forward to all the community has to offer and hoping to provide some value to other members along the way! We look forward to seeing you all out on the trails! - Mike and Beth
Hello Mike, welcome to Overland Bound. tell fudge woof

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone...

I'm Jeremy
she has air bags in back
full bed carpet

So a little about me...

Hello Jeremy, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello Overland Bound Community,

Long time lurker, watched so many Overland Bound YouTube videos and wanted to finally do my part and support the great content the team puts out.

Rig: 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser (3FE let's go...I mean I'll catch up to the group lol)
Mods:
  • 33" KO2s
  • Snorkel
  • 2" Ironman Lift
  • Ironman recovery points (front and rear)
  • Voswitch to control lights and harbor freight onboard air in the engine bay.
  • ATOTO 10.1 inch head unit w/ Carplay & front/rear cameras
  • Custom storage and sleeping platform in the rear
  • Painted a bunch of outside trim (grill and flares) and stock bumper
  • Vinyl wrap on the hood (clear coat faded).
Experience: Mostly heading to Hollister and other off-road recreation areas to bounce around in the dirt. Getting ready for some weekend car camping trips, looking forward to using the app to find some good spots

View attachment 197267View attachment 197268View attachment 197269
Hello Brandon, welcome to Overland Bound, glad you are out in the open and no longer lurking.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
John, just getting into the game.
I’m on the road now from Cincinati area and headed to Utah.
Stoped outside of Memphis for a night and now I’m in the Hot Springs National Park.
Haven’t decided the next stop if you all got any suggestions............."
I’m driving what some have considered an oilman rig, 2003 F-150 super crew 4x4 with a rooftop tent and a bed slide out for the kitchen etc.
I’ll try to upload some picks.
Hello John, welcome to Overland Bound.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
G'day from over here in Australia!

Another long time lurker finally committing to creating an account too haha. Currently running a 2006 Subaru Outback H6 with no modifications, as well as a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 80 Series I'm fixing up slowly. The Subaru is a bit of a daily, as well as a shuttle to get to and from Mountain Bike tracks. I'm hoping to put the Landcruiser on what is known as heritage plates over here and dedicate it as a weekend camper.

View attachment 197298
Hello Nick, welcome to Overland Bound.