Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Dylan, residing out of Toronto, Canada. Novice to overlanding but well versed in outdoor adventures. I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon that has become my favourite obsession. My wife and I love camping and the overall enjoyment of exploring the outdoors. I look forward to growing my knowledge of overlanding and building relationships through the Overland Bound community.
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @ryancarman
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: MedeaJT

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to Overland Bound. My boys and I enjoy the outdoors: hiking, fishing, camping, 4 wheeling. Getting older and my knees aren't what they used to be (is anything?), so I'll be using my 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk more and my hiking boots less. Looking forward to learning from the community and sharing good times.

View attachment 196563
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
i everyone. I'm also new to the site and looking forward to reading and learning. I retired from the US Forest Service in 2016 and have decided to buy and build and overland rig. I'm looking at building a Lexus GX460 (2010-2013) or a newer Tacoma. I've been without an offload ride for 4 years and I miss the outdoors.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @freak4life
And when you are in the Northwest Region @M Rose is the regional Director for local info

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone! My name's Charles. Nissan Tech. Family of 4. Bryan/College station Tx area. Alot of tent camping experience. Last couple of years we've been doing alot of truck tent camping in various states. Current rig is a 19 Nissan Titan with a bed tent. Alpha roof top tent shipping in June. Can't wait. Excited to find some new trails and meet good people.View attachment 196544
Welcome to Overland Bound Charles
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My wife and I are retired, long time RVers and are re-discovering Overlanding. Over several two day to two week trips we have slowly upgraded our tow vehicle with gear to be self sufficient and more adventurous than we could with the trailer while having the option to use the trailer as a "base camp".

2005 Yukon XL 2500 8.1 4x4
2012 23' Outdoor RV Creekside
Pandemic Project: 1990 LWB Montero
Concord, CA
Ham: KN6KUZ
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks, new guy reporting in from Michigan. I'm a novice overlander running a stock 17' Lexus GX460 with A/T tires. I'm an experienced backpacker and bike tourist with tons of tent camping experience, some formal wilderness survival training, and 30,000 miles+ of road trips under my belt. I decided recently it was time for a more capable off-road rig after nearly stranding myself in a Colorado wilderness area in my stock VW Golf Alltrack. Simultaneously, our family decided we wanted to upgrade our pop-up camper to a small travel trailer. After much debate we settled on a GX460 for its combination of tow/cargo capacity, V8 engine, off-road capability, and smaller size relative to other large tow vehicles. My philosophy is to take lots of trips, only buy what I think I'll need for the next one, and replace anything I break on the trail with something more useful or dependable.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @James.Laidlaw & @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
William Paul davis
94 toyota hilux surf 1kzte

Thanks for the add looking forward to getting to know other and learn some stuff
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @nc-t @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders.
Scott V, Berthoud Co.
Obviously new here. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a recently added 2019 Ford Ranger. Long time off roader of all sorts, two and four wheels, ski’s, snowshoes, or hiking boots. Grew up in the mountains of Colorado and love being outdoors. Generally out exploring the roads less travelled and avoiding campgrounds. Looking forward to being a part of this community and from others experience. It’s my hope that I can be helpful and add something good for others to make their time more enjoyable.
I’m in the process of building the Ranger to increase my range, would like to get a little further from home to explore some new territory.
Best of luck to you all! Scott
Welcome to Overland Bound Scott
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
OB Members Colorado
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @trail_runn4r on the Front Range and @OpenlanderZ on the Western Slope.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody! Just want to jump in and introduce myself!

Matt D.
Joshua Tree, Ca
2005 Nissan Pathfinder
I grew up loving camping and the out doors and now I'm introducing my kids to what I fell in love with! looking forward to meeting new friends along the way! Cheers!

View attachment 196459View attachment 196461
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Reactions: MDoan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. I am new to overlanding, but have been camping all my life. I grew up in the Nashville area and have travelled some, but haven't been able to see some of the sights, as most of my travel was work related. In 2017, I bought my house, then lost my job in 2019. I went to school and got my class A CDL right before covid hit, so I went back into IT, but jobs were scarce and I took what I could find. I spent the next year underemployed to the tune of a third of my previous income. Finally, in December, I landed my dream job. I now make more than ever before and work remote, but am in transition still. I have a VW Passat and need to pay off some debt and get this house ready to rent, so I can get a suitable vehicle and get out there.

I Plan to buy a pickup truck, but I want a diesel that can tow comfortably. I will want to level it (Carli suspension) and put 37's under it, because I don't want to lose all of its towing capability, but I also don't wanna get stuck or get tossed around like a ragdoll off-road. The truck has to have the payload to be overland capable, if I have to leave the trailer behind. I am currently deciding which black series trailer to pull (HQ19 or 21). Because of the weight, I am looking at the 2021 RAM 3500.

I will be working and living between the truck and trailer full time, so if I can pull it where I wanna go and there is cellular signal there, I could camp for as long as my tanks could carry me during the week, but with the cellular map, it seems I will be taking the truck on some weekend excursions and parking the trailer at an RV park or somewhere I can stay during the week where there is a connection.

Anyway, this is all a work in progress and I change my mind every day, so I may have a completely different plan in 3 months. When I first decided I wanted to do this in January, I was looking at 40 ft. class A diesel pushers :)
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, I’m Tristan from WV. I have a ‘02 TJ with a small lift, 33s, and a winch. Currently building a overland trailer.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tristan
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED and @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
i everyone. I'm also new to the site and looking forward to reading and learning. I retired from the US Forest Service in 2016 and have decided to buy and build and overland rig. I'm looking at building a Lexus GX460 (2010-2013) or a newer Tacoma. I've been without an offload ride for 4 years and I miss the outdoors.

Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Current Vehicle: 2005 Ford Explorer (3rd gen) lightly modified, gorhino rack, oversize tires planning on lifting it in the future for more clearance
Overland Experience: Intermediate (did some wheelin' as a youngster)
Why Overlanding?: Love the outdoors, fishing, hunting, camping, napping

Hello Overland Community!

Excited to be a part of this community and even more excited to start using my rig to get outdoors! looking forward to learning more about the trails and adventures everyone is planning this year. I myself, being a chef will be sharing my overland food experience quite thoroughly with you! Cheers to you and cheers to a great 2021!

Adventure ready!

Chef FuDKTO
Hello David, welcome to the OB community.

Cemento.Yoda

Rank I

Member I

Petaluma, Sonoma County, California, United States
First Name
Oliver
Last Name
Barajas
Member #

Hey Overland Bound, my name is Oliver Barajas. I am located in Sonoma County, CA. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road long bed. I am new to the true BLM land style overlanding but have been campground camping my entire life. Just got my truck with overlanding in mind as I build it up to be more capable than stock. Excited to join the group and join in on some trips and meet new people. I am new to HAM radio as well, I’m the process of studying for the test, hope to learn more skills on this as well. Thanks guys!

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all, Tim B here newly transplanted to Dallas/Fort Worth area... I'm looking forward to meeting other outdoor enthusiast and sharing the trail. I've always loved the outdoors and tinkering with my rig. I recently acquired a wonderful all original Land Rover Discovery II and am just getting started making modifications, not because I have to but because I love to! I'm a husband and father to 2 daughters who I hope to instill upon the passion for outdoors and adventure.
Hello Tim, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Overland Bound, my name is Oliver Barajas. I am located in Sonoma County, CA. I drive a 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road long bed. I am new to the true BLM land style overlanding but have been campground camping my entire life. Just got my truck with overlanding in mind as I build it up to be more capable than stock. Excited to join the group and join in on some trips and meet new people. I am new to HAM radio as well, I’m the process of studying for the test, hope to learn more skills on this as well. Thanks guys!
Hello Oliver, welcome to the OB community. Put the time in studying for the test and you'll pas it no problem.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello Everybody!
I’m strictly a novice wheeler, haven’t even been over-landing yet, and only been on one trail!
My rig is a base model 2013 Tacoma with the smaller 4 cylinder engine.
I live in the Loveland, Ft. Collins Colorado region. (North of Denver)
I have a ground tent for the time being, but would like to upgrade to a truck top tent if this proves to be as fun as I believe it will.
I do plan on getting a small lift, upgrading the suspension and getting the truck regeared.
Best Wishes and Happy Travels!
Welcome Steve! See you out there.

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hello Overlanders.
Scott V, Berthoud Co.
Obviously new here. I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a recently added 2019 Ford Ranger. Long time off roader of all sorts, two and four wheels, ski’s, snowshoes, or hiking boots. Grew up in the mountains of Colorado and love being outdoors. Generally out exploring the roads less travelled and avoiding campgrounds. Looking forward to being a part of this community and from others experience. It’s my hope that I can be helpful and add something good for others to make their time more enjoyable.
I’m in the process of building the Ranger to increase my range, would like to get a little further from home to explore some new territory.
Best of luck to you all! Scott
Welcome Scott! Do you have any idea for where would you like to go explore next?

Maximgp

Rank I

Contributor III

Norfolk, UK
First Name
Maxim
Last Name
Garford-Palmer
Hello all, I'm Maxim from the UK (Norfolk) I have a 1974 Land Rover Series 3 with a 300 TDI. Its currently awaiting repairs on its starter motor in typical Landy fashion.
not new to camping or living out of a bag as I am a Infantryman its just nice to not have to carry the bag now.IMG_20191229_132630_495.jpg