freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Current Vehicle: 2005 Ford Explorer (3rd gen) lightly modified, gorhino rack, oversize tires planning on lifting it in the future for more clearance
Overland Experience: Intermediate (did some wheelin' as a youngster)
Why Overlanding?: Love the outdoors, fishing, hunting, camping, napping

Hello Overland Community!

Excited to be a part of this community and even more excited to start using my rig to get outdoors! looking forward to learning more about the trails and adventures everyone is planning this year. I myself, being a chef will be sharing my overland food experience quite thoroughly with you! Cheers to you and cheers to a great 2021!

Adventure ready!

Chef FuDKTO
Hello David, welcome to Overland Bound, I would recommend you delete your actual address from this site as it is never a good idea to put that out onto the web.
I am am a foodie and I look forward to seeing your recipes.

FuDKITO4x4

Rank I

Member I

Walnut Creek, CA, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
lukito
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm Lloyd and my wife (Sandy) and I are in Central TX and have a 2015 GMC Canyon that we tow behind our motorhome. We're just getting in to overlanding, mostly because we were looking for a way to explore places that we just can't get to in the motorhome.

I've been doing some upgrades on the Canyon to make it a little more rugged for off-road adventures. And we've been putting together some gear and doing some tent camping to tweak that while we wait for our OVRLND camper to be built.
Welcome!

Reactions: Kent R

tim.at.410

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Lake Oswego, OR, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Walker
Member #

coldhrafna.jpgmountain hrafna.jpg
Hello! My name is Tim and this is Hrafna, my gorgeous 2000 Land Rover Discovery II. We have been bonded together here in Lake Oswego, OR for a little over a year.The first 6 months were spent with her tolerating my debutante foray into automotive technology,. The latter 6 months we spent tooling around forest service roads and dry lake playa in the beautiful PNW. I was drawn to overlanding through my deep desire for isolation in the wilderness, my Mazda 3 took a pounding getting me to trailheads for backpacking trips. In a search for an "adventure rig" I stumbled on the overlanding community and was immediately enthralled. I am excited to learn from you all, and expand my skills and capabilities. Thank you Mike, for creating truly awesome resource!

Last edited:

FuDKITO4x4

Rank I

Member I

Walnut Creek, CA, USA
First Name
david
Last Name
lukito
Member #

View attachment 197041View attachment 197042
Hello! My name is Tim and this is Hrafna, my gorgeous 2000 Land Rover Discovery II. We have been bonded together here in Lake Oswego, OR for a little over a year.The first 6 months were spent with her tolerating my debutante foray into automotive technology,. The latter 6 months spent tooling around forest service roads and dry lake playa in the beautiful PNW. I am excited to learn from you all, and expand my skills and capabilities! Thank you Mike, for creating truly awesome resource!
welcome! sweet ride man

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello! My name is Tim and this is Hrafna, my gorgeous 2000 Land Rover Discovery II. We have been bonded together here in Lake Oswego, OR for a little over a year.The first 6 months were spent with her tolerating my debutante foray into automotive technology,. The latter 6 months we spent tooling around forest service roads and dry lake playa in the beautiful PNW. I was drawn to overlanding through my deep desire for isolation in the wilderness, my Mazda 3 took a pounding getting me to trailheads for backpacking trips. In a search for an "adventure rig" I stumbled on the overlanding community and was immediately enthralled. I am excited to learn from you all, and expand my skills and capabilities. Thank you Mike, for creating truly awesome resource!
Hello , Welcome to Overland Bound.
I am the Northwest Director. @jcgraves3 is your closest member representative.
To help navigate through the forums, here are some links that can be filtered by “Region” prefix. We are in the Overland Bound North America US Northwest Region (US Northwest for short).
Overland Bound Meetups- is where all member generated rally points are posted in forum format for discussion of Rally Point and other types of Meetups. A meetup can be as simple as a group getting together for coffee, a trail ride, or a full in expedition with other Overland Bound Members.
Overland Bound Trip Planning- is a great place to talk about planning a trip wether by your self or as a group.
Overland Bound Routs: Downloadable- is exactly what it sounds like. Search, or share your GPX files here with a description of the route and POIs.
Share your Overland Routes- is similar time the downloadable posted above, but doesn’t require you to share the actual GPX file.
Overland Bound By Region < North America < US Northwest- is where you can find regional members discussing local events, Overland News, and general topics. It’s a great recourse to mete others in the regions.
Member Maps- a great trip planning tool. It can also be used to send out messages to members near your location, or a location you plan to visit.
Rally Point- a tool used to creat Meetups or send out an SOS.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask myself or your member representative team. Again welcome and hope to see you on the trails.
Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

06Nismo1

Rank III

Traveler III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GIV
Hello OB Community,

My name is Luis and I look forward to connecting with fellow Overlanders and adventurist.

2) Location: Los Angeles, CA
3) Rig: 2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO. VK56DE swapped and multiple mods.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: USMC Vet experienced in convoy operations and logistics. Started off-roading about 20 years ago with multiple trips to the Baja races. No stranger to adventure :)

NismoBig Bear.jpg

DiscoWanderer

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Rosedale Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75205, United States
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Balding
Member #

Hey Tim... My name is Tim and I also have a 2000 black LR Diso 2... just getting started with my modification, like center dif lock, suspension and tires... Glad to see another new Disco on here! I just joined and will into myself shortly. Would like to know what you've done to your rig so far, looks sweet!

Reactions: Kent R

DiscoWanderer

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Rosedale Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75205, United States
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Balding
Member #

Hi all, Tim B here newly transplanted to Dallas/Fort Worth area... I'm looking forward to meeting other outdoor enthusiast and sharing the trail. I've always loved the outdoors and tinkering with my rig. I recently acquired a wonderful all original Land Rover Discovery II and am just getting started making modifications, not because I have to but because I love to! I'm a husband and father to 2 daughters who I hope to instill upon the passion for outdoors and adventure.

Bizcut

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oak Grove, MO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Vaughan
Hello My name is Robert . I have been getting very interested in overlanding for the last several years and a couple years ago picked up a 2019 dodge ram classic(warlock). Its pretty stock with minor additions and nothing to help with the out doors (YET). I am just East of the KC MO metro area.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello My name is Robert . I have been getting very interested in overlanding for the last several years and a couple years ago picked up a 2019 dodge ram classic(warlock). Its pretty stock with minor additions and nothing to help with the out doors (YET). I am just East of the KC MO metro area.
Welcome to Overland Bound Robert
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Paris0514 @Iwata77
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all, Tim B here newly transplanted to Dallas/Fort Worth area... I'm looking forward to meeting other outdoor enthusiast and sharing the trail. I've always loved the outdoors and tinkering with my rig. I recently acquired a wonderful all original Land Rover Discovery II and am just getting started making modifications, not because I have to but because I love to! I'm a husband and father to 2 daughters who I hope to instill upon the passion for outdoors and adventure.
Welcome to Overland Bound Tim
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OB Community,

My name is Luis and I look forward to connecting with fellow Overlanders and adventurist.

2) Location: Los Angeles, CA
3) Rig: 2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO. VK56DE swapped and multiple mods.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: USMC Vet experienced in convoy operations and logistics. Started off-roading about 20 years ago with multiple trips to the Baja races. No stranger to adventure :)

View attachment 197058
Welcome to Overland Bound Luis
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West
About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound Tim
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Carl, and I finally became a member of OB. Im looking to learn as much as I can and elevate my camping experience!
Im more of a "Urban Overlander" because of my location., Atlanta GA. Right now I have an 2019 Kia Sorento, and Im looking to a Dodge Ram 2500 6 speed manual to be my "Urban Overland Vehicle.
Welcome To Overland Bound Carl
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2005 Ford Explorer (3rd gen) lightly modified, gorhino rack, oversize tires planning on lifting it in the future for more clearance
Overland Experience: Intermediate (did some wheelin' as a youngster)
Why Overlanding?: Love the outdoors, fishing, hunting, camping, napping

Hello Overland Community!

Excited to be a part of this community and even more excited to start using my rig to get outdoors! looking forward to learning more about the trails and adventures everyone is planning this year. I myself, being a chef will be sharing my overland food experience quite thoroughly with you! Cheers to you and cheers to a great 2021!

Adventure ready!

Chef FuDKTO
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions.
For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representative; Bay Area @PapaDave
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West in Flagstaff AZ

Reactions: FuDKITO4x4

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound,

Im a new member and my name is Glenn and nice to meet everybody.
Welcome to Overland Bound Glenn
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo West

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all.
I’m from NC. I have a Toyota Tacoma sport. Some modifications on it.
Still no finish it. I believe that never go to finish it. Lol.
I’m kind a novice in overlanding and exited to have a lot of experience. Camping and ham radio are my hobbies.
I like over landing because we can be in contact with the nature and know new and awesome areas.
I hope see you guys outside.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper
You might be interested in our Friday night Ham Net;